Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2005, 02:48 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Just as with women, I think men need to go for a hair style that suits their face shape, as well as their overall image.

I flamed Fussy yesterday for having his head shaved because it doesn't suit his face and makes him look like a thug. In fact, the buzz word over here at the moment is 'Chav' and that's what it makes him look like! Too complicated a concept to explain to the uninitiated, but the Brits will know what I mean!

Similarly, I know my hair suits me better short, but I am currently growing it for my wedding, so I can wear it up with a veil. It will all be cut off on my honeymoon. Will probably be going for a sleek, chin length bob to mark the start of my path as a grown-up married woman.

Why not go along to a stylist and ask their opinion on what they think would work best for you, based on your face shape, image, type of hair you have, amount of time you want to spend messing with it in the mornings, etc? That's what a woman would do, and you could be surprised. I'd also consider changing the face fungus, too. A lot of women like a clean cut guy, or maybe something like a goatee would revamp your look a little.

Just some things to think about, since you asked, hun. x x x

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 04-01-2005, 06:05 AM
Everybody Stretch!

"So...I tucked my hair up under my hat, and I went in to ask him why? He said, You look like a fine, upstanding young man, I think you do. So I took off my hat and said, Imagine that, huh...me working for you!"

^^^^^^ First thing that came to mind when I read your post, Bear! LOL!

I know a lot of women of various ages who love a man with long hair. Not every man can pull it off though. It all depends on how it's cared for. Some men have never even had it trimmed, and just pull it back whether it's washed or not, barely a brush grazing it, and it just looks uncared for and dirty. That image, not necessarily the length, speaks volumes of first impressions. The impression? If the hair on the head is so umkempt, the rest of the package might be neglected as well! *spin on a heel and exit...stage left*

I've come upon some men who, till they turned around, I had no idea they had a ponytail down to their waist. That's actually a turn on to me...and it ties in with what Lilith was talking about.

I think it all boils down to hygiene. If you want to convey a rough and dirty, and therefore "I don't give a shit" image...just let it all go and care not if it's clean and neat. But, if that's not the image you want to portray...if you pull it back, make sure your neck is shaved of any misguided hairs, and make sure your ears don't have protruding hairs. It should be washed and either air or blow dried before trying to pull it all back. This just makes it look smoother and it doesn't separate and look greasy. Have the split ends trimmed often. Long hair tends to split from vigorous brushing to get it untangled. I use a really good conditioner to prevent this...but it still happens at times. A once a month intense conditioning is great for unruly hair.

I could go on and on Bear...but I'm sure you get my gist! I love your image BTW! Even before we got to know one another better, I thought to myself..."Oh...he's a leftover (hippie...like me)! I like him already!"

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
I promise I keep it washed and conditioned. It stays back most of the time too. My hairdresser refuses to be the one to cut it. She says it just fits me. So hell I've let it grow. As for the facial hair... I grow it and shave it on a whim. If someone like Osuche came along I'd shave, baby oil and condition my face. Dayum, wouldn't leave a rash on those thighs for anything!

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 04-01-2005, 06:34 AM
a-dick-ted to oz

Send a message via Yahoo to kathy1
:jump:

CUM ONE, CUM ALL.....get em while he's hot (but then again, when isn't bigbear hot???)....*waves tickets for bigbear mustache rides*
Old 04-01-2005, 06:54 AM
Awesome on my Own

me first me first! i'd love for that to tickle my thighs and my other bits!
Old 04-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Oh Bear! Seems like you have to get your traveling shoes on hun! These ^^^^ ladies, and a lot more like them across the land, know a sexy man when they see/post/chat/perv with...one! I'm talking bout YOU Bear! Find time to vacation with some Pixie chicks. I'm thinking you'll have a good time!

*mumbles to self as I leave the thread..."Damn marriage vows! Somone tell me where, exactly, they say I can't date! I'll love, honor and keep my bod only in his bed at night (when I or he is home), but WHY can't I date?!"*

TeeHee!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
If only Hon... I'd love to meet some Pixie's Darlin's

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 04-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Everybody Stretch!

You call yourself a wishful thinker? My mom would have said to you, "If wishes were horses, beggers would ride"!

In other words...wishes don't fulfill our hopes and dreams. Go out and DO what it is that you want to do! Don't just sit and wish for it to happen!

Hey! I can preach cause I was taught by the best preacher ever! Just wish (<---lmfao!) I could follow her advice as well as I can pass it along!

*hugs*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Manwhore

Most here know I have rather lengthy locks. I think I look good with long hair so that's what I have. I gave a public speech today about how I am often mistaken for a drug user, mainly because of my hair length, and how that couldn't be further from the truth. My 'look' is part of who I am although it doesn't define me, but I am the one to choose it.

My opinion is you should style yourself in the way that makes you happy.

ps, So if long hair in the south means redneck and long hair in the west means druggie... what is a long hair on the east coast stereotyped as?

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 04-01-2005, 09:16 PM
~getting by~

Okay, I'll attempt to re-type what I wrote yesterday.

I once grew my hair because it seemed all the pretty, popular girls were doing it. I have ultrafine and limp hair... it was just long and lifeless and ended up most days in a scrunchee. When I started my professional life, one day on a whim I walked into a salon and said do whatever you want. I'm not happy and it can only grow back if I don't like what you do. I went from hair well beyond my shoulder blades to hair that didn't hit a collar... it was no longer than 3 inches anywhere on my head. That was 7 years ago and I haven't looked back.

For me it's just hair, and if I must have it (can't imagine not having a little) I want it to be as carefree as possible. And of course I've got some vanity about me, and I want it to look good on me!

I echo what so many have said before me... even where opinions seem to conflict... all you can do is what feels right... sometimes the change in hair is just what you need to give your spirit a boost... and donating it can only help to the good feelings... and if you miss the long locks, I promise hair just keeps on growing.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Loungin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua
ps, So if long hair in the south means redneck and long hair in the west means druggie... what is a long hair on the east coast stereotyped as?

Jobless?

jk, Aqua --- and BTW the hair does suit you.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 04-01-2005, 11:06 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
Jobless?

jk, Aqua --- and BTW the hair does suit you.

But I think it would look better on me....allllll over me in fact

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Interesting how this would come up just as I shaved off my goatee a few days back, followed by giving up the moustache day before yesterday (1st time my upper lip has seen the light of day in about 3 decades)...just cuz I wanted to see how it would look, to let my skin breathe a bit, I don't need facial hair to keep from looking like a teen anymore, etc...so far the concensus around the house is, I look weird & nobody likes it...we'll see what the bandmates think this weekend...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzoidman
Interesting how this would come up just as I shaved off my goatee a few days back, followed by giving up the moustache day before yesterday (1st time my upper lip has seen the light of day in about 3 decades)...just cuz I wanted to see how it would look, to let my skin breathe a bit, I don't need facial hair to keep from looking like a teen anymore, etc...so far the concensus around the house is, I look weird & nobody likes it...we'll see what the bandmates think this weekend...

Oh My Goodness! I have GOT to see this! Hey! Maybe I'm really superficial and I won't like you anymore!

Yeah...right! Like that'd ever happen....NOT!!!!!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua
Most here know I have rather lengthy locks. I think I look good with long hair so that's what I have. I gave a public speech today about how I am often mistaken for a drug user, mainly because of my hair length, and how that couldn't be further from the truth. My 'look' is part of who I am although it doesn't define me, but I am the one to choose it.

My opinion is you should style yourself in the way that makes you happy.

Can't imagine a fantasy with you and short locks!!!!

And as to your question about stereotyping long locks on the east coast? I've haven't heard "hippie" from folks on this coast since the 70's. It's "anything goes" round here...as far as I know. Though, I think (and hope) the mullet is out of style. Imagine that! Pennsylvania Dutchies with tolerance? Yeah...who'd have thunk it?

~Thomas Dewar~