Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Should the US Amend it's constitution to "Defend" marriage?
No 33 61.11%
Yes 7 12.96%
I am not sure what to think 5 9.26%
Let the courts decide the matter 1 1.85%
Let the people decide in a general election 5 9.26%
Let each state decide 3 5.56%
other 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2004, 02:27 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
Originally posted by GingerV
Head + Wall = Ouch

^10

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-02-2004, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GingerV
Head + Wall = Ouch
Yes That usually Happens when Liberals Meet the truth and the flaws in their thinking are pointed out . But as Scarlett Says " Oh Fiddle Dee Dee There is Always Tommorrow"

Don't Judge Me By Your Ignoance

I had Rather Be Hated for What I am Than Loved For What I am Not .
Old 03-02-2004, 02:58 PM

Wow.

My comment was in reference to how the entire conversation was going in circles.

Buy hey, Harley wants to take it personally and get nasty about it. That's his/her option....but it's definately my cue to leave the thread.

I'm off to perv....send any beer claims to me PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:16 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I understood that to be your point GingerV. That was why I raised it to the tenth.

Each side of this issue have their points to make and as long as people can discuss it respectfully it's all good. I picture it like two circles actually. Those who believe Gays should have the exact same rights as all other Americans are afforded and those who believe gay marriage is not a right. Hopefully when the two circles converge upon each other we get a Venn diagram with some agreement and consensus in the center. Otherwise we can talk all over eachother but no one is listening and nothing is accomplished by the dialogue.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
Truth is that liberals have never met the truth and had the "flaws" of our thinking pointed out by the right wing.Our views have been totally MISREPRESENTED by the right. If you want to kow what liberals think about any given subject,ASK A LIBERAL...Not LIEmbaugh,Reagan,Bush (papa or baby) or anybody else that has an interest in telling you lies. As for the Bible,how do you interpret what is left up to so many interpretations?You only have to see what this current administration is doing throughout the world to see how far they are from the teachings of Jesus.As for gays,I have no problem with them.Many of my friends past and present are gay.Like the civil rights movement and the woman's liberation movement before them,gays only want to be reassured that they won't become a scapegoat for an ever increasing Fascist bunch of lying SOB's in the future.GOD IS NOT A REPUBLICAN...but can I say the same for the politics of the devil?
Old 03-02-2004, 05:19 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Demonizing people, any people, is not productive. It's how this whole mess got started.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 03-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Manwhore

Re: Re: Re: Just So Ya'll Know

Quote:
Originally posted by HarleyRider6769
You Miss the Point , I do not believe Homosexuality is OK , and I will not allow My kids to be made to think it is , By allowing Gay marrage it is OKing a Life style that , Is wrong . I am not a Religious Person But I do Believe in the Bible , It is in Numerious Places the Homosexuality is an Abomanation to God , Ever Heard Of Sodom And Gomora .

Well I am a religious person and I ask you this...

Ever heard of Jesus?

He teaches us to love thy neighbor, but love your enemy as well. When asked what the most important commandment was He answered, "love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is NO other commandment GREATER than these." There is no asterisk there with a note at the bottom of the page reading 'except for the following people...' It is all inclusive.

Quote:
No I do not think Me Teaching My Kids that this or any other thing is wrong will Damage them , No More than teaching them Not to Lie , steal , cheat , kill , or any other of the things that are very Plainly spelled out as wrong in the Bible .

The things you just mentioned can directly harm another person. Homosexuality does not. There is a huge difference between murder and loving someone of the same sex. It has been my experience that many that oppose homosexuality are transfixed on the sexual act instead of what these people do with the other 99% of their lives.

Quote:
Let me clear up one Important fact in your Post You said there was a Time when Blacks could not Vote in this Country...It was not only Blacks but "ANYONE" Who did not own land , Whites included .

Allow me to clear it up even further... Whites males, landowning or not, were all allowed to vote AND given equal access to public facilities before blacks were. In 1965 President Johnson signed the Voting Rights Act which pledged Federal enforcement of equal access to voting ballots, particularly in the south because they were not being allowed to vote even though they had that right.

I wrap up this post with a request in the interest of maintaining civil discussion in this thread. This thread is not about the things you hate about liberals, so please refrain from the off topic attacks on everything from the media to Ruby Ridge.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 03-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

A queston for all of you who have read and understand the Bible.

Where does it state in the Bible that nudity is sinful???
Old 03-02-2004, 05:30 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Oh crap^^^^^^

I'm a sinner

but you guys knew that

No where that I have read Scarecrow...

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 03-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Manwhore

No where that I have read either... But nudity can cause covetous feelings and therein lies the sin.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 03-02-2004, 05:43 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

<~~~~covets^^^ occasionally

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 03-02-2004, 06:13 PM
dragon mane

Send a message via ICQ to axe31
shal not lie with a man as you do a woman or some thing
like that is the line all anti gay groups use from the bible
the same set of rules say women can not wear any thing
red no pork and other things to even thou these are not only
from the old tesdiment these rules are for a diferant religion
of the jewish nation
Old 03-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
Following strict Kosher laws,a cheese burger would be a no-no.Pork would be unthinkable and shell fish,(some of my favourite) would be an enjoyment denied.The old testament was full of laws and demands that now seem quite unimaginable.It could be that the then tribal elders embellished and that the old testament was a recorded history of their lives.Jesus recinded the strict Kosher laws for his followers leaving only the mixing of meat and blood to be denied.Funny,every culture has it's style of "blutwurst"but nobody gives a second thought to the biblical passage when eating it.For the modern day Christian to pour over the O.T. trying to find the passages to support their fears and to memorize verses as 20 second sound bites,is counter productive in my opinion.Especially when the teachings of The Christ seems to be omitted all together. Wouldn't an omnipresent God be much greater than the sum total of all our fears?
Old 03-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Living Loving n Laughing

Send a message via AIM to nikanik Send a message via MSN to nikanik Send a message via Yahoo to nikanik
Quote:
Originally posted by SuzyQ
I am bi, and am mostly happily married to a heterosexual man, I I am Canadian and we have the same struggle, but I pose a question. If we decide that marraige between same sex couples is ok, how about brother and sister, father and daughter, etc? Are we discriminating if we don't allow those either? And as far as I know they are NOT allowed in Canada. Don't know about the States.

Love,

Susan

In Georgia it is legal to marry a cousin. But as far as this Goes being a church loving PK on a number of religious associations myself. and after many many arguements with my dad about it I still dont see nothing wrong with same sexz couples. And to talk about crazy Bush's own Vice Mr. Cheny (where the fuck is he anyway?) daughter is a card carrying get them the conservative gay vote in the stolen election of 2000 Lesbian. Has anyone wondered why Cheney hasnt said word one about this idiotic bull!

And to say get a will and leave it to your partner. Wills can be contested and held up in courts for years. Power of attorney can be stripped if you are comatose, So there would be ways for parents could leave your partner out if they wanted too. For whatever reason they might hace

I am off of my soap box now. Thank you and good night.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:13 AM

Aqua

Please Point Out in "ANY" of my posts where I said I Hated Gays . Yes I have Heard Of Jesus I believe He said something About Love the Person But Hate the Sin .
As to My Posts about Liberals and Ruby Ridge A Question was asked of How Liberals Media Is pushing this and I was responding to That , a Question was also asked About Pointing Out which Media groups were Liberal , I believe I did that and pointed out How they were .

Now as a Religious Person Please tell me How you can condon Homosexuality , I am not being Hostile Just wondering .

Don't Judge Me By Your Ignoance

I had Rather Be Hated for What I am Than Loved For What I am Not .