Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Should the US Amend it's constitution to "Defend" marriage?
No 33 61.11%
Yes 7 12.96%
I am not sure what to think 5 9.26%
Let the courts decide the matter 1 1.85%
Let the people decide in a general election 5 9.26%
Let each state decide 3 5.56%
other 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2004, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lakritze
Truth is that liberals have never met the truth and had the "flaws" of our thinking pointed out by the right wing.Our views have been totally MISREPRESENTED by the right. If you want to kow what liberals think about any given subject,ASK A LIBERAL...Not LIEmbaugh,Reagan,Bush (papa or baby) or anybody else that has an interest in telling you lies. As for the Bible,how do you interpret what is left up to so many interpretations?You only have to see what this current administration is doing throughout the world to see how far they are from the teachings of Jesus.As for gays,I have no problem with them.Many of my friends past and present are gay.Like the civil rights movement and the woman's liberation movement before them,gays only want to be reassured that they won't become a scapegoat for an ever increasing Fascist bunch of lying SOB's in the future.GOD IS NOT A REPUBLICAN...but can I say the same for the politics of the devil?
I have asked Liberals thier views On subjects From Gun control to Welfare and I have seen the flaws in their logic . and Pointed them out . We could discuss it here But I am afraid we would upset some people . If you would like you can Email me ..same name @ hotmail and I would Love to engage in a excange of Ideas . We Both may come away with a better understanding .

Don't Judge Me By Your Ignoance

I had Rather Be Hated for What I am Than Loved For What I am Not .
Old 03-03-2004, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GingerV
Wow.

My comment was in reference to how the entire conversation was going in circles.

Buy hey, Harley wants to take it personally and get nasty about it. That's his/her option....but it's definately my cue to leave the thread.

I'm off to perv....send any beer claims to me PM.
Please Tell me when or How I got Nasty ? I have been told before I am Insensitive But don't see any place I was out of line or Nasty.

Don't Judge Me By Your Ignoance

I had Rather Be Hated for What I am Than Loved For What I am Not .
Old 03-03-2004, 06:32 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Sure thing~ check your PMs!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-03-2004, 09:42 AM
I got my "eyes" on U!

Of man and Nature....

If you love the sinner but hate the sin....where is the sin in loving?
BTW...
I support the NRA!!!
I detest Rush!!
If we try to label everything we are going to need a new dictionary to figure exactly what to call all the shades of gray.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
okay damn I'm stopping at page 7 of nine b/c I'm damn pissed off at that harley dude.

HarleyRider: you cited the bible...... YAY for you, stand for something or you will fall.... into the pits of hell or somethin like that.

it's really too bad that the bible can't be updated like our constitution you know because some shit is outdated, (btw hope you know that jesus wasn't a christian, and he also didn't speak in thee and thou even though King James says he did......) The main reason I feel that the story tellers included the sodom tale... and the whole masturbation is a sin ( which it is..... the bible does say not to spill your seed upon the ground.....) is because they didn't want The People to die out. look at homosexuality as a semi effective birth control.

The bible says don't fuck within you gender
The bible says don't fuck animals
The bible says don't spill your seed on the ground like heathens ( I guess that only applies to men ehehehehe)

It was only to keep the race alive. like others have said before me evolve, progress. And don't hide behind a bunch (not being anti-semetic or whatever) of drunk jews oral traditions in a story book.

Always contraversial and about to finish reading the thread
Kyttn
Old 03-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Pixies Roving Ranger

Send a message via MSN to Ranger1930
I don't want to get into this but i must add in light of my own interests... i am againest gay and lesbian marriages.. not because of religion but because i think it is socialbly not acceptable.. a man and a woman are MEANT to be together its Obvious.. now if you dont want to be with the other sex that is your choice and no one has the right to be againest you on it.. but that doesnt mean we have to like it.

And just to clear it up no Jesus was not christian, Christianity was founded on the beliefs he formed in other peoples minds.. Jesus himself was jewish. oh bama hon.. you are semi right he didnt say thee our thou because he didnt speak english he spoke hebrew like the rest of the people living in jerusalem.

was thinking about this earlier tonight. i think it was a bad idea on Bush's part to annouce this idea so close to reelections he is obviously going to lose alot of votes becase of this.. And of course it will never get passed so i don't see why anyone is worried.

personally Lilith i think this topic needs to be closed in the good interests of everyone at this site...
Old 03-03-2004, 11:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Exclamation

As I have said before,anytime that anything to do with politics or
religion,is discussed,it always causes bad feelings,between the
members,because others views differ from your own.Therefore,
again,I suggest,not bringing up these subjects.
"Anger is the wind,that blows out the light of the mind"
I originally joined pixies for relaxation & to get away from it all.
Lately it is turning into one BIG argument.Whatever happened to
helping each other? Irish
P.S.Just my $.02.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
but Irish we are helping! >big grin<

Ranger I was being a smartass babe you know how I am. I'm just showing my catholic education! I don't want to get "married" I just want a legal union. hell a common law union is good enough for me! I was taught he spoke aramaic..... oh well old nuns make mistakes...
Old 03-04-2004, 12:06 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarecrow
Come on ppl its all about the MONEY, big companies do not want to pay for the benifits and the government does not want the SS or income tax break burden.

That's absolutely true. And they won't pay it. They'll pass it along to us in the form of reduced benefits and layoffs. Not saying it's right, just what will happen.

Blaming the "liberal media" is as expected during Conservative years as blaming the "vast right wing consipiracy" is during the Liberal years, don't you think? The truth is somewhere in between.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

For the record - The Bible also says 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone', so perhaps those who try to live by the Bible, should think twice before judging others for their 'sins'.

Also, as BamaKyttn hinted, the Bible was written by people, not God, and I'm sure, as in every other historical account, it was influenced by politics, social issues and other forms of bias.

Also, by the way, the Ancient Romans and Greeks were bisexual as a matter of course (hmm....weren't they around at approximately the same time as Jesus?) however they frowned on exclusive homosexuality as it did not result in the procreation of children. This seems to tie in well with the rules about conanism, contraception etc.

All I can say is thank God, there are a lot of people in the world who do not follow the Bible to the letter, otherwise, there would be a huge population explosion, and STDs of all kinds would be rife.

End of rant.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 03-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
Originally posted by Irish
I originally joined pixies for relaxation & to get away from it all.
Lately it is turning into one BIG argument.Whatever happened to
helping each other? Irish
P.S.Just my $.02.

I hear you Irish, and I agree. Lately most of my posts have been in threads heavy with debate. Mostly this one. It's not what I come to Pixies for so I'm heading over to the threads that lift me and lay light on my heart. There are plenty of other places on the web for heated debate. Right now, I think I'll start perusing the 4 L's of Pixies... Lilith, Lou, Lixy, and LSharni. (Ok, I cheated... so sue me.... How could I not include Sharni?)

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 03-04-2004, 02:26 PM
I got my "eyes" on U!

I now pronounce you ..... fill in the blanks

I am starting to be sorry that I asked the question.
However as of this post there has not been a concrete reason given for the need to defend marriage.
Naturally we have inferred that the issue is about sex be it a man with a man or a woman with a woman. It is my experience that marriage is really more about partnership. There is the old joke about the first year of marriage where you stick a bean in a jar for every time you have sex during the first year and after that remove a bean and the expectation is that you most likely will not empty the jar. While this may be extreme, most anyone who is married will agree that after a while sex is not the driving force for the relationship.
So really what is this defensive stuff all about?

Here is an additional comment, which I pose only because I don’t like the descriptor “marriage” for Homosexual unions. What are the components of a homosexual marriage to be formally called…. Husbands? Wives? Spousal Units?
Old 03-04-2004, 02:34 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I call my husband my partner sometimes.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-04-2004, 04:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Thumbs up

This shows why everyone should follow.the Irish Bible.
As of May 1,I will be married for 39yrs & there are still alot of beans in my jar! Irish
Aqua---I'm starting to agree with you!I have discussed that,with
my wife many times!
Old 03-04-2004, 04:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to having_fun
My 2 cents worth

Wow, I never realized that there were so many people at pixies that were soooooo far out in the left wing.

Folks, this really is a no-brainer....

a) Marriage is by definition the union between a man and a woman. If we are going to allow gay couples to change the meaning of the word marriage, I want the meaning of children changed to include pets, so I can claim them on my taxes.

b) Discrimination is illegal, and unjust. Therefore, as proposed a civil union will hold the same legal weight as marriage. It will provide for and force your employer to give your benefits to your significant other, and also provide legislation for divorce, to include division of properties, and alimony.

c) How in the world did this issue become a Bush bashing. He stated his opinion, which I agree with. I might point out that an overwhelming percentage of Americans feel the same way.

d) It appears to me that the root of this issue is not when or how gay couples will get equal treatment regarding significant others, but an election year issue to get people stirred up in hopes of taking some of the votes away from Bush. Each American should drop to their knees and thank whomever they believe in, for George Bush being our President at this time in history. If many of those far left wingers had their way, Gore would be the Pres, and we would have a president more interested in tree hugging, bowing to foreign nations, and one world government, than keeping the sorry assed liberals safe to do all the bitching they want.

e) It seems to me that the true fight should be to gain equal rights under the law, regardless of what the lawmakers choose to call it. The resources, and efforts of thousands of gay rights activists should be redirected away from the marriage issue, and focused on the equal rights issue.

F) Aqua, I’m not sure which America you live in, but here in the good ole USA, the major media outlets, TV, Radio, and Newspapers are almost all extremely liberal. Next, according to leading economists across the country, the economy and unemployment is on a 7 year effect cycle. That means that what happened 7 years ago has the greatest impact on the current status of economics and unemployment. Next, No WMD have been found… ha ha… Because of liberalism, Bush was forced to wait 2 years before actually getting to look for them, all the time we were telling Sadam we were coming looking for them. Now in my humble opinion, he could have really hidden them well in 2 years. But the liberals always seem for forget that point.