Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2004, 10:00 PM

ever had this happen?

Have any of you ever had your wallet stolen? Mine was recently..sounds simple enough. There wasnt much money in there of course..lol. What was there was every thing that could identify me as me. This is the first time it happened to me. I lost my d/l, social security card, med cards, hunter safety card, first aid/cpr library card the whole works. I figured that it would be no problem to have my license replaced..wrong. FIrst i have a cdl..which means i need the med card to get it.well it was stolen..called the place to get a new card..three weeks before i can get in..found out that the birth certificate that you get when you are born is not worth anything to prove identity. The only reason i got my social security card was because of my divorce papers. What a pain in the ass..It is kinda funny in some ways because only i could have this much trouble over something so simple..
Old 07-22-2004, 10:07 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
It would be awful to try to replace some of the stuff in mine. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-23-2004, 03:34 AM
Just me.

Yeah, me too. What a bummer. Any chance it was just mis-placed and someone might turn it in?
Old 07-23-2004, 04:40 AM
Banned

I feel for you. A friend just had his bag stolen & is facing the same headaches.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:40 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Awwwww hun! Be diligent in making the companies guide you on how to replace this stuff, and have a tiny bit of faith that it'll turn up!

Good luck sweety!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 07-23-2004, 09:42 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Close: my wallet disappeared once, with all my ID in it. Freakin' nightmare. Virginia wouldn't give me a replacement license, because I didn't have my license. But I couldn't get a replacement license because I had a license.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to huntersgirl
Careful about the SS card! They highly recommend not carrying it with you. Amazing what one can do w/ a social security number. Make sure you let the ss office know that it was lost/stolen.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Never say never, but if you do it's okay to change your mind~me, I think
Old 07-24-2004, 10:03 AM
~getting by~

I'd suggest filing a police report if you haven't already. With what was in your wallet, you are now a prime candidate for identity theft. I would also suggest getting your credit report periodically now (2-4 times a year) to be sure someone hasn't been using your identity and messing with your credit.

Sorry to hear about your bad times...
Old 07-24-2004, 11:41 AM

Thanks every one..It has been quite a while since it disappeared and i am fairly sure who took it. But i didnt realize all the difficulties it would cause me. It is my own fault that it was stolen i had forgetten it in my car overnite and the next morning it was gone. You almost dont exist without your d/l, ss, or a state certified birth certificate. The bank had to call my place of employment to give them a verification and description of me before they would cash my paycheck. Every one of these places told me that because of 9/11 and all the identity theft, that it is very difficult to prove who you are anymore. Lesson well learned, and a costly one at that.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:58 AM
yada, yada, yada

Send a message via Yahoo to darogle
Be sure to tell your credit card companies and the social security administration that you had your SSN stolen. They will put you on a "fraud watch". Makes it a little harder for the bad guys to use your identity. Hate to say this but you are at real danger of having your identity stolen and all the hell that that creates. Be extra diligent for a while. I would suggest that you obtain a copy of your credit report now, before anything bad might happen. Then get further copies in a month or two to make sure that nothing is out of the ordinary.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:47 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
dang, that sucks! good luck getting everything back and settled. it happened to me once but i was young and didn't have much more than 20 bucks and a license.