Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 10:59 PM

Migraines Please Help

I have a history of migraines after over 20 head concussions, 23 car accidents, and two skull fractures. I have had a migraine for two weeks and going on the third day. Supposedly what I have is a transformed migraine as it moves location and frequency. When it first started, I tried Relpax and Zomig to no avail and then went to Imitrex injection. I went to the Dr. and he wanted to admit me. I asked him what he could do for me inpatient that I could not take on my own. He said that I needed a CT. Well, with me and all my medical knowledge, I asked him what they could do for me inpatient that I could not take on my own. Plus I just had and MRI w/ Contrast. He had no response to that. Therefore he gave me a shot of Tordal (in the butt) and gave me a script for Fiorcet. The Tordal did nothing and I can't take the Fiorcet as it intereferes with my birth control pills. I have done extensive research as this has been ongoing for many years. The only suggestions they have are all of the meds I have tried recentely which include, Relpax, zomig, Fiorcet, and Zomig.

Can anyone else please suggest something? I am at wits end. I have never had one last this long as intensly. I have not changed any meds or anything else.

Thanks
SF
Old 08-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Gone with the Wind

Hon, I am so sorry to hear you're having a bad mirgraine, and even more unhappy that my Nursing knowledge is woefully lacking here (I specialize in Women's Health, sex, BC, etc.)
By the way, the Fiorcet interacts with the estrogen in your Pill. One thing Fiorcet does is constrict blood vessels, and PART of the interaction is the fear of blood clots. Have you talked to your GYN about alternate meds, like progestin only types? Some implants are progestin only, and the method I use, injectable, is available as progestin only too.

My best advice would be, (if you don't already go to one) is try one of the speciality clinics in Houston, especially the Uni associated Migraine Clinics.
They are always testing new medications, maybe there is one that will be more effective for you.

I have to ask an important thing. It doesn't surprise me that you have migraines after having so many head injuries, but my question is;
Why have you had so many car accidents?
That sugests there is a problem with your vision, reflexes, reaction time, perception, etc., which suggests that there is another problem too.

From all of the tests you have had, have they answered this question?

Or do you just drive like me? People in NO ever could figure out why I preferred to take a cab or the streetcar everywhere. Until I drove them somewhere. Not many people whould drive in city traffic with me more than once... (sigh).
(So I get distracted easily. Even while driving. *SHRUG*)

Get Well soon, hon.

(((((Shadozfire))))))

WW

---Margaret Cho
Old 08-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Ask about holistic/homeopathic meds at a health food store. Don't forget to ask about interaction with any current meds!

(((((Shadozfire)))))

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
get pregnant. my migraines ceased all together after the birth of my first child.

i wish i could offer some real advice, but i can sympathize. i hope you get relief soon. (((hugs)))

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 08-14-2007, 10:32 AM
I do naked cartwheels.

Is it maybe worth changing BC pills, then? I know you've probably tried that but I thought I'd put it out there just in case.

Oh, I know! What about orgasms? They help with period cramps and stuff, right? Well maybe it's the same with migraines? Release the tension? If I can help in any way....

Ok, I admit it, I've got nothing. No help at all. Typical man, really. But I have heard on very good authority that if you take the eye of a newt, the blood of a bat and the fur of a lion, mix it up with salt and vinegar and a dash of teatree oil, leave it outside to stew for a few days and then rub the mixture all over your nekkid body while screaming "I'm bringing sexy back!" over and over at the top of your voice CAN, when done right, at exactly the right time (when the full blue moon is in uranus) cause the pain to ease off a tiny, eeensy weeensy little bit.
Just for a few seconds, then it's back to hell again.

At least give it a go - what've you got to lose?
CasperTG

PS Also, if it works, remember to give the eye back to the newt afterwards. Might want to wash it first too.

My Photos:
https://imgur.com/a/80hiRdm
Old 08-14-2007, 05:16 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
If you have not tried massage or accupunture/pressure to see if its muscular, I would. I caused damage to a muscle that wraps over ymy head and affected the muscles around my eye as well when I was giving birth. I was given trigger point injections for the pain in the muscle in my neck and the headache left after 10 days of intense pain (had to hold still or throw up). I still continued to have a twitch and vision issues sporadically but the intense pain left. I would also suggest you treat the migraine with caffiene. I don't call my headaches migraines but medical peeps do. I take 3 excedrin and drink a 1/2 pot of coffee. I know there are theories on caffiene causing migraines but nothing (I tried Imitrex- shit made me sea sickand the head ache bounced right back) works as well as a coffee/coke/excedrin cocktail.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-14-2007, 08:22 PM

WW-Unfortunately the car accidents were not my fault. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time (repeatedly). I think I have finally kicked that habit. The tests show all is normal in SF's brain and blood. The Dr's want to admit me for no less than 5 days, probably longer. I do not have the time off of work, nor do I have the leave built up to get paid for taking off. Oh and to tell you how that same person in my department from the business dinner debaucle feels about my migraines, she said the following to me the day that I had my emergency gall bladder surgery and I quote: "I hope that getting your gall bladder removed fixes your migraine issue too." Nice, eh? I have looked into the clinics around me and unfortunately they all want to admit me. I need the MIRACLE drug lol.

Lixie-Thanks for the hugs! I started off years ago with the homeopathic meds (and always try them first). Unfortunately, they do not work either.

Casper-Is that the miracle drug I have been searching all these years??!!!! Damn if I had only known!!!

Lilith-Oh trust me, having lived in Seattle for almost fourteen years, I always make sure I get my excessive caffeine intake!! I have tried massage and accupuncture in the past. I have an appointment lined up for Thursday to get a massage. I was just hoping that someone out there might have the end all be all cure that I had not tried. (SIGH) I might have to bite the bullet and have them botox my head which is the latest clinical trial. But hey, it would be a 2-fer!! No wrinkles AND no headache!!!! But they want to admit me before they give me the botox. Just suckable!!! What happened to the doctors that would shoot you up with what you wanted when you wanted it???
Old 08-14-2007, 08:33 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Have you done the trigger point injections of lidocaine?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-14-2007, 08:48 PM

Yes, I tried that as well. It lasted a whole four hours then my head hurt even worse, especially at the injection sites.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Suprise Me

I too have migraines... they are cyclical and typically happen around my monthly. They are hormonally triggered.

Just curious... have you been to an allergist? In some cases allergies to certain foods, environmental conditions can cause migraines.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:13 PM

I had over $2000 worth of allergy testing and it all came back negative. Mine have nothing to do with my cycle. I have never had one last this long tho.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Grouch

I don't really have any thing to offer as I though migranes were still caused by something random which means I can pray for you which may or may not help.

I'm glad to hear that the car accidents weren't your fault, but that is an ungodly number of auto accidents. :-(
Old 08-14-2007, 11:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Question

Out of curiosity,are there Two medications called zomig?I notice that you
included Zomig & zomig in your list.The reason that I ask is that my wife &
my youngest daughter have always gotten migraines!They have troubles with
stomach sickness & vision.They say that lights flash etc.The only thing that has worked for my wife is a product called zomig.You can only get so-many
at a time.My wife has never heard of two zomigs,so I'm just wondering.We have been married for over 42yrs & she had them when we were going
together,so I would like to find a cure.Over the years,they have tried just about everything!Usually she(my wife) can feel them approaching & if she
takes a zomig then,she gets the jump on them. Irish
Old 08-15-2007, 03:11 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
i used to take a pain killer/caffeine cocktail too, lil. i know that caffeine is a good catalyst but i never knew why the combo worked, and i guess it didn't really - i just ended up swallowing so many meds that i passed out for sveral hours and when i woke up, the headache was usually gone. i also discovered this stuff called vivarin - aspirin and caffeine blended all into one convenient pill.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 08-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Goddess Of the night

Send a message via Yahoo to Rhiannon
try relpak for migranes. it works great on mine.check with doctor and see if he can get it for you
I love to dance with a stranger and to feel his delight,
And when the dancing is through, I kick off my shoes,
And I listen to the beating of his heart