Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
((((Mr. Lix & Lixy))))

Well, I'd been wondering where you'd gotten your sexy ass to, lady! I'm glad other peeps know a lot about Crohn's, cos I have no clue over and above the miniscule amount I learned as a Student Nurse nearly 20 years ago!!

Hopefully Mr Lix will be "sorted out" ASAP, especially as regards the Flagyl - that I do know is well-known for causing tummy upsets!!

Please wish Mr. Lix all our warmest and bestest wishes, sweetie..... thinking of you both!

DM
I only own my mind
Old 04-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Huggable!

(((((Mr & Mrs Lixy)))))

Keeping you both in my thoughts.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:38 AM
Everybody Stretch!

LOL@ (((scotz)))

TY (((dm))) & (((Teddy)))

We went to Mr. Lix's first doc office visit since his release from the hospital. He's leveled off at 206lbs. (199lbs. according to my home scale...which makes me 7lbs. heavier than I thought ...but I digress). Back in February he had a physical for his driver's license and he weighed 249lbs.

This Crohn's is one hell of a diet, eh?

Anyway...he was checked out all over and the fistula is healing but there is still a little infection at the exit site. Mr. Lix told doc he was feeling weak, his muscle tone was gone and he had no ambition to do anything. Doc said Prednisone can have this effect and he wanted to start lowering the dose. Took him down from 40mg a day to 30mg a day. Mr. Lix told him about the pain from the Flagyl and doc took him off it and replaced it with Cipro. Instead of 3 antibiotics a day he'll take 1 a day. Doc told him to get his white blood cell count checked so we can see if the minimum dose of MP6 is the correct dose to keep the cells at a level closest to that of a person without Crohn's. He talked about other things we can try as we sort through what is right for Mr. Lix.

Lo and behold...The doc visit was this Tuesday and just yesterday Mr. Lix was feeling better already! He had a bit more energy and ambition and didn't have any of the cramping he had with the Flagyl. He went to Lowes and got a kit to set up the water dispenser in our new refrigerator...and put that in! He sharpened the blades for the mower and put the deck back on the tractor and mowed the lawn back to the barn (3/4 acre)! He went grocery shopping for me and he even took out three big bags of trash for pick-up! After all of that, he cooked me the best dinner we've had in ages on the grill!

DEATH TO PREDNISONE AND FLAGYL!

I'm gonna start my diet now...to take off those 7lbs. I gained when Mr. Lixy stepped on that scale at the doctor's office!!!!!!!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-27-2006, 04:46 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
So glad to hear he's getting things sorted and beginning to recover.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-27-2006, 05:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
This Crohn's is one hell of a diet, eh?!

My sister's ex-fiance (I miss him. I was sure they'd get married.) had three different wardrobes - S, M, & L depending on what 'diet' phase he was facing.

I know you'll keep an eye out for his health but it sounds like he's doing well right now. Best wishes, sexy PA'ers!