Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Low-Carbing Pixies?

I don't want this to be a referrendum on the pros and cons of Low-Carb diets. So, let's not even go there. PLEASE!!
And please, can we dispense with the "you look great the way you are" and the "be satisfied with yourself the way you are" comments? I do appreciate the sentiment, really, but I have to lose weight for my health. It's imperitive that I do this.

I'm curious, is anyone else following the Atkins/Carbohydrate Addicts/South Beach eating plans. If you are, would you care to share any of your favorite low-carb recipes or meal ideas?
I'd really appreciate some suggestions to make meal times a little more interesting.

BTW, I've lost 5 pounds this week and I'm not starving myself to death!! YAYYYY ME!!!!!!!!
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy

Last edited by Sugarsprinkles : 05-23-2004 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:59 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Thanks a bunch, Lil!!! It looks great!

I did find a support forum, similar to Pixies (but not nearly as much fun ) at http://www.lowcarb.ca/ and it's been a big help so far.........lots and lots of encouragement. And I need as much as I can get.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 05-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

SS...

In an attempt to change my life... and to improve my health (thus making it possible for me to watch my son grow up & Lord willing reach retirement age) I have begun a weight loss regimine..

Since coming to my decision... April 6th 2004... I have begun to exercise.. now walking atleast 3 miles a day and completing a 30 minute workout at the local Curves. I park further away from my destination.. and I am spending more and more time outdoors.

I am sure that you have heard on the local radio station (since we live in the same area) advertisements for a place called "Professional Weight Management" I joined there in the beginning of April. This is NOT a cheap program (it costs me $40.00 a week plus).. but it is working.

I have set my goal at 13 months to lose the amount that I need to lose... it is a realistic goal... and I will make it.

My menu EVERY DAY is:
Breakfast:
2 hard boiled eggs OR 1 6 oz cup of Yoplait Lite

2 hours later I have a "suppliment" which is a power bar that is part of the Program (and yeah.. they are pretty good)

Lunch:
5 ounces of chicken (or fish... or beef/pork two times a week max)
2 cups of Veggies

2 hours later... another suppliment bar

Dinner
Same as lunch

Just before bedtime... 1 suppliment (cereal which isn't bad either).

In addition to the exercise... I drink a minimum of 68 ounces of water... most often more.

The weight is coming off slowly.. but it is... and even tho I have the "need" for a quick result to be apparent.. I know that not only is it not gonna happen that way.. but that studies show that quick weight loss is gained back quickly... slow and steady is the key... and exercise.

This is one of the main reasons why I haven't been around Pixies so much... spending time taking inventory of my life..and my needs.. and taking the steps necessary to improve my position in my world.. I miss so many here.. (((Hugs to everyone)))

I wish you all the luck in the world SS... You can do this..
Old 05-23-2004, 05:02 PM
Multi-Sexual

I'm personally not on the diet. I've heard some bad things, health wise, about the side effects of this plan. One is higher cholesterol. My husband's boss was on the diet for 2 months, and went in for a checkup both before, and at 2 months, and her cholesterol was almost double what it had been. She had to be weaned off it, and ws put on cholesterol meds immediatly.

Another two or three people who have gone on it ended up gaining the weight back almost immediatly after they stopped, because their bodies weren't used to all the carbs they suddenly were able to eat, and couldn't process them.

So, low carb and no carb are not the way for me.

People have been eating carbs for thousands of years, and getting skinny with them, so I don't see the big deal in losing them when.

BTW- for anyone who is into the losing weight thing, keep control on how much you lose, because regardless of the meathod, losing too much is bad for you. Take it slow and easy.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Thanks, jenna!
I'm glad you mentioned Curves. I have an appointment with the one close to me tomorrow morning. Since we live in the same area, you've probably seen the new ads where they're offering a 2 for 1 membership. Well, although she doesn't need it anywhere nearly as much as I do, Cabrylla is going to join with me and split the cost.
I really need to do this. It's either do it on my own, in a healthy manner or face the gastric bypass surgery. I'd rather do it myself if I can.

Gilly,
I'm really mainly looking for recipes to kind of make the diet more interesting. I don't want to debate what kind of diet is best.

I didn't gain this weight overnight, and I have no illusions about losing it overnight. I know that's not the healthy way to do it.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 05-23-2004, 05:09 PM
~figment of imagination~

I went on a radical eating change! I have dropped my carb(bread/pasta/rice) intake down to one serving a day. I no longer eat meat (except 1-2 a week) but I do have an egg a day. I also don't include dairy in my diet. I do however eat all the fruits, veggies, and seeds/nuts I want. Example of what I eat (what I had yesterday) ...
Breakfast: One egg (anyway I want it - usually scrambled with seasoning/salsa/spinach/etc) scrambled with fresh spinach in it
A handful of fresh strawberries (or baby carrots)
Snack ~ apple and a handful of cashews (sunflower seeds/nuts/apples/bananas)
Lunch ~ black bean salad (currently my favorite ~ in it /corn/black beans/tomatoes/lettuce)
Snack ~ 1/2 if a cold papaya(anything like the first snack)
Dinner ~ grilled tofu wrapped in nutritional yeast and onions, grilled yam, grilled corn on the cob, spinach leaves(fresh) w/salad dressing
And to drink, all day, WATER!
After a week of eating this way I treat myself to a meal off. I usually eat meat. There have been a couple times instead of a meal off I would have an ice cream cone.
I have been doing this since January and have seen dramatic weight loss. I do walk 5 days a week for roughly 25 minutes, sometimes longer.

Good Luck SS it is always hard to get started with any eating changes.
~ me! ~
Old 05-23-2004, 05:44 PM
~figment of imagination~

Oh, I had a friend who was on the Atkins diet until she was ordered by her doctor to stop it. Apparently it messed with the chemical balance in her brain and caused her to fall into severe depression.
So I am not a fan of the Atkins diet.
~ me! ~
Old 05-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Pixies Den Mother

I'm not doing Atkins either. I tried it last year and had to stop for a variety of reasons. This time I'm doing the Carbohydrate Addict's diet. You get one meal a day with carbs as long as the carbs are a 1/3 balance with protein and vegetables, and it has to be consumed within one hour. I find it less restrictive and a more balanced................not to mention easier to live with.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 05-23-2004, 07:37 PM

your the greatest and you can count on me to give you any support you need

Old 05-23-2004, 08:15 PM
~getting by~

SS - I don't have any diet/recipe suggestions... But I also go to Curves and absolutely love it. I have been doing it for nearly three months, and without really making any eating changes I've seen the weight and inches come off. I would suggest taking a look at the Curves book, it explains the philosophy and two different diet approaches (low carb or low calorie) and with each it gives daily plans and several recipes. I also visit a forum that is dedicated just to Curves and it has a lot of great information as well as diet sections related to all the current diet crazes and a lot of recipe suggestions (www.curvesforum.com).

Best of luck to you...and I'm darn proud you don't want to do the surgery and want to make your life a healthier one! ((hugs))
Old 05-23-2004, 08:32 PM
Keeping warm

I don't have any tips in particular, but the wraps at Subway are yummy. One of the guys in my graduating class was 309 last year, this year he's down to 250 and it looks like he did loose the "belly fat". Over the past year i have lost 25 pounds and have fought the whole way, Atkins made me crabby, but that's not much different from everyday LOL. Whatever you choose I know that you will be successful, you have made up your mind and are doing this for you. Good luck!
Old 05-23-2004, 08:56 PM

Well my eating habbits have nothing to do with carbohydrates. I'm on a low sodium, high potasium diet. However this site does have a pretty good search engine where you can enter what you're looking for, whether it be low calorie or carbohydrates. Lots of different options, I use it often. Hope it helps, and good luck.

Recipes
Old 05-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Made in England

Lately I have been on a see food diet!
Old 05-24-2004, 05:23 AM
Everybody Stretch!

((((((((SS)))))))))

Sending you good vibes hun!

I've decided I'm stupid enough to try a little reverse psycology on my brain. I've given up dieting forever! I just try to "eat right" and not over do it. I eat 6 small meals a day and drink lots of water. Excercise is the key...and I am trying to be more active even though my job calls for me to sit for most of the day. When I absolutely have to sit, I do. But...if I've been down for an hour or more, I get up and walk and stretch during working hours and then when I get home I walk and garden and stretch and whatever...only sitting to eat and use the computer (which I've cut down on)...and then lying down to go to sleep! Here's hoping my brain doesn't catch on and I continue to tone up!

~Thomas Dewar~