Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2002, 12:14 PM

The thanksgiving day

The plan: a small family dinner for the three of us, my wife my 7 year old child and myself.

The day starts
8am
The wife gets up to start the bird so that it will be ready about 1pm

9am
7 year old comes in and tells me that mom needs help

9:15
I arive on the seen, I do not fine a clear spot on any of the counters, and not a clean dish in the house, the wife asks me to wash the dishes she has dirtied ( the wife can dirty 4 pots boiling water)

9:20
I start washing dishes, I cleared a spot out on the table to put the freshly washed dishes, and put down a towel. Washed a stack of dishes, and put then on the towel. Went to get a 2nd towel to dry dishes to make room for more, came back and the 7 year old had pushed the dishes in to the pie flour and was eating breakfast on the towel. Wife asked why I was POd, I told her, her reply was " well excuse me for feeding our son"

10:00
Dishes all washed and kitchen cleaned up, dinner ready just waiting to cook

10:05
Oldest child calls, decides to come to our house for dinner, bringing husband and 4 year old grand child( for the record they were asked 2 weeks ago and said they had other plans)

10:06
2nd oldest child calls, They have decided to come for dinner
that would be boy friend and possibly three children

10:07
3rd child calls, you guessed it, on his way for dinner.

10:08
Wife goes back to kitchen to make food and add to what had been made for the three of us. I start dragging in more tables and washing the extra chairs, setting table...ect.

11:30
I start cleaning kitchen again

12:00
Kitchen cleaned, enough food for a army cooking waiting for the 1PM dinner.

12:05
Oldest child calls, changed minds, going shopping in stead

12:10
2nd oldest calls, future mother in low invited them, going there instead to make good inpresstion

12:12,
3rd oldest calls
you guessed it .

Any one want to come to thanks giving dinner??

Please some one tell me what a real thanksgiving day should go like
Old 11-28-2002, 12:18 PM
Pixie's Wild Rose

Kentuckyguy, somehow I think the chaos of the holidays just comes with the joy. We have to look past the craziness and realize that while they may drive us nuts, at least we have family and friends who care for us. I am sure before the day is out that someone will have me wondering the same thing you are but as I look back over the past year, I'm glad I have them for they are there for me when needed. *hugs*
Old 11-28-2002, 02:49 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Kentuckyguy.....next year make reservations. Take the family (just the 3 of you!) out somewhere nice...you and your wife both deserve a reward after what you've endured so far today.
If the other offspring and S/Os want to be included...then let them be responsible for their own checks.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 11-28-2002, 02:51 PM
Pixies Prodigal Bard

Send a message via Yahoo to Murphy
Kentuckyguy, I'm sorry that I am ROTFL.....I know how upsetting and dissapointing today has been for you... I could be there in 6 or 7 hours, but then what would I do with MY oven full of food? Plus the fact that we (Sugarsprinkles, my daughter and I) are only going to snack when it's ready, and wait for the wife to get home from work tonight to really feast...then I have to go to work... I'm truly sorry that your kids were so inconsiderate....but look at it this way...now your Wife doesn't have to COOK untill after New Years.

The best thing about taking a vacation, is all the heartfelt huggs received upon your return. - Murphy

"The more you love, the more you CAN love. There's no limit to how much you can love - or how many" Lazarus Long in "Time Enough for Love" - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-28-2002, 05:17 PM

Life is full of little ups and downs, so this is along way from bothering me. Now thinking that I have to eat the wifes cooking from now intill new years, now that IS bothering me...lol