Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2006, 03:09 AM
Awesome on my Own

i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED being pregnant! Once i got over the all day sickness, I was was so happy being pregnant. I loved feeling the first kicks, the first hiccups, the general movement of baby. I would rub my belly all the time. I guess that was why i found some of the greatest contraction relief from rubbing my belly round in circles.

Also, in my experience, with labor, fear causes more pain, so i read read read everything that i could and prepared as best as i could

There were times that i was ready to be done being pregnant, but then soon after i'd think that i am NOT ready to be not pregnant. Ready to see the babe, but still be pregnant. My mind was also warped when i was pregnant, as i would have the craziest dreams and wake up laughing, or my mind would become fuzzy and forgetful. But at least i had an excuse "Oops sorry, forgot! Pregnant brain!"

Cravings are fun--really they are! My 1st, i craved BIG burritos and an orange drink over here called Tang. Think still orange Fanta with loads more sugar. Then with my 2nd, all i wanted were salads and fresh strawberries. Anything that had meat, sugar, bread, or sugary fizzy drinks made me want to barf. Then towards the end all i wanted was hot cereal, and at least it was high in folic acid. But, LMAO, i never craved pickles and ice cream as the stereotype says.

One bit of advice....use this time to do a lot of couples things with Fussy if you can. Go on weekend holidays, and make memories. go out on dates. things like that. once baby comes....well...couples time will drop dramatically.

Oh, Lou, I am soo freakin' excited for you and Fussy!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:18 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

OMG.....well I went to the docs last night, and he didn't ask me for a urine sample to check I really am PG, he didn't examine me in any way...not even take my blood pressure or weigh me! He just wrote my notes, told me a rough due date (which I already knew!) and gave me a prescription for folic acid (which I've already been taking since November!).

I'm going to the midwife in three weeks time, so she'll do all the prodding and poking and sticking needles in me then.

Let's just hope my (three) tests were accurate! LMAO

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 03-21-2006, 11:01 PM
A Little of Both

LOU! I'm so happy to hear your good news... I have so much to catch up on... I just looked through your thread and was all ready to post getting preggers advice and then WOO HOO! It took me FOREVER and I'm so glad to hear you and Fussy don't have to go through that.

((((hugs)))))

My pregers advice....
enjoy every minute...
SLEEP NOW!!!! Seriously... people told me that and I laughed... yeah okay. But Damn... that was horrible sleep deprevation.
Oh yeah... and take a taser gun to the hospital... While you're recovering, station Fussy by the door and have him taser any nurse that tries to wake you for no good reason. (don't know how it is across the pond.. here they'll wake you to give you a sleeping pill)
Make sure you pack ahead of time.. don't wait till your water breaks at 3 am 3 weeks early and walk around the house trying to pack your bags and then only have your frilly thong panties to pack. (um yeah.. that was me..lol)
PAIN MEDICATION!!!! (The anethesiologist is your friend... is that spelled right?)

Oh but he was worth it. Even at 3 in the morning..recovering from a c section.. dead tired... just the sight of that sweet fuzzy head and warm little baby body cuddled up against you for a feed... it just brings tears to my eyes to think of it. Congrats you guys! It's quite a journey.

Now........ What are we naming this little bundle of joy?

~Eliza

"The full moon is calling, the fever is high.
And the wicked wind whispers and moans.
You got your demons, you got desires
Well, I got a few of my own"
~The Eagles

Old 03-22-2006, 02:23 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Well at the moment I'm just calling it mini-me!

Names are still in discussion, but we're both agreed on something classic and old fashioned, yet uncommon. Neither of us go in for trendy, or fad names. Boys names we're more in agreement with than girls, although I'm working on him to allow me to have Alice, as it was my Great grandmother's name - I never met her, but she was very special to my mother and my Mum has always told me that she's my guardian angel.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:55 AM
Everybody Stretch!

OMG! Been searching the threads when I read an indication that this might be so in another thread!

^^^Did that make any sense?

Anyway...YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Congratulations you two! Take a snuggly wuggly hug from me!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 03-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Thanks LixyChick! I had a feeling you might not have heard the news yet, since it's not like you to be so quiet.....

It's so lovely that everyone's so happy for us...all we need now is to move in safe and sound next week and then everything will fall in to place.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:14 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I think it's time to revive this thread! LOL

This time around, we're finding it a bit more of a challenge - our schedules are a lot busier and obviously we have to fit trying around our little one, so it's not really surprising that it's not happened in the same timescale, but we're now on month 7 and we're quietly confident this month....I think! LOL

Does anyone have anything new to add?

Old 07-31-2009, 08:21 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
*yay* Auntie Lil loves the idea!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-03-2009, 02:44 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I have about a week to wait before I'm likely to get a positive test, and I'm going a bit loopy with impatience! Why does time slow down when you're waiting for something to happen?!

Old 08-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Yankee in Dixie

It doesn't slow down. It's all about perception. You keep checking dates and times instead of doing other things that will occupy your mind so you think it's going slowly. If you have a week, read a book, take a on a project of some kind, do anything and everything that will keep your mind off of it. Start anticipating closer to the date in question.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 08-12-2009, 06:07 PM
One Hot Mamma!

Send a message via MSN to ShadowDancer Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowDancer
any news yet?? inquiring minds want to know!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle
I think it's time to revive this thread! LOL

This time around, we're finding it a bit more of a challenge - our schedules are a lot busier and obviously we have to fit trying around our little one, so it's not really surprising that it's not happened in the same timescale, but we're now on month 7 and we're quietly confident this month....I think! LOL

Does anyone have anything new to add?

Lou,

Just give up, forget the idea.

The moment you look the other way, it'll happen.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Just as the way babies only deliver when you're not ready, or it's most inconvenient...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

Well folks - we did it! Am now 13 weeks and have had my scan today confirming everything is all good! Yippee!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Awesome on my Own

HURRAH!!! That is fab news!!!!!!!! I'm so please for you, Fussy, and Little Pucker. Mayhem also echos what I wrote, Congrats all!!!

love Lizz n Mayhem