Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2005, 10:02 PM

Why are women so against PDA?

Seriously? I carpool with 3 women in the car to work every day for about an hr and everytime we talk about anything regarding PDA (public display of affection ie. making out in public etc.) they go all "that's not right", "ewww.." etc. (btw those were the actual comments of some of my coworkers)

I feel like saying, "what's wrong with that? Get out of the victorian era ladies!"

Personally I'm happy for whoever is making out in public.

Your thoughts?
Old 09-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Fallen

Stereotypically it is women who enjoy PDA and men who do not, but to each their own. Personally I like a woman who is comfortable enough in public with me, holding hands, touching (not sexual of course), kissing me, ect. Now to just find her...
"And as we all play parts of tomorrow, some ways will work and other ways we'll play. And I know we can't all stay here forever, so I'll write, my words on the face of today...and then they'll paint it" - Shannon Hoon
Old 09-24-2005, 01:07 AM
Mr Lizzardbits

im all for it myself
Old 09-24-2005, 02:28 AM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
I think its great....seen two guys holding hands and being all lovey dovey *LOL*,,,if you coulda seen some of the peoples reactions
Old 09-24-2005, 06:11 AM
Huggable!

i love PDA!

.... holding hands, hugging, kissing, etc, mmmmm
Old 09-24-2005, 07:06 AM

Places and times.

Down the main street at 10pm after a movie or a few drinks, fine.

Full simulated sex at Aunt Martha's funeral, no.

Holding hands in the checkout line at Coles, your choice.

Just my take.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Raving Pervert

I've had nothing but problems with my S/O about that... I love to kiss her and grab her in public and more than once she's got shirty about it, and slapped me for it...

Previous G/F's have come close to wanting full on sex in the middle of the street...
Old 09-24-2005, 08:17 AM
is not this trim anymore!

lmao

I thought you were referring to Personal Digital Assistant! Like a Palm Pilot!

Mrs. WI will hold hands, but she's not overly affectionate. She's not much of a hugger and kisser. I don't particularly miss it in public as much as I'd like more affection in private.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:39 AM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
I am a very touchy, feely kind of person, whether it's with my kids, my friends or a man in my life. Holding hands, a quick hug, a little kiss, etc....it's just me, public or private. I do think there are some people who think it's ok to have, what is close to full blown sex, in public and I disagree with that!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:53 AM

well in response to the "full blown sex public" no no...it wasn't like that. Here's the situation we pulled up into our carpool parking lot and we just see 2 20 yr olds or there about like pretty close and looking dreamily into each others eyes and they had a long kiss that's all.

Than I get the comments that I posted originally.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:08 AM

My wife has no problem with it although we do not normally kiss in public. That's a matter of mechanics, though--with 13" of height difference we don't normally kiss while standing, period. I'll give her a peck on the top of her head, though.

When we first started going to China our conduct was *VERY* unusual. Now, however, if we are out in the evenings we often see dating couples going farther than we do.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Loungin' Around

I'll hold hands, but not much more than that. I don't want to make others uncomfortable with my romance -- and there are several reasons why that might happen.

In private I am very affectionate, and usually the aggressor in our relationship....but in public I believe in operating with a degree of decourum.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 09-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
I'm pretty much touchy feely anytime or place but I respect the woman's wishes on the matter. If the feelings are there though, I'm pretty open about them, just how I am.

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 09-26-2005, 03:19 AM
Causer of Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
lmao

I thought you were referring to Personal Digital Assistant! Like a Palm Pilot!

Mrs. WI will hold hands, but she's not overly affectionate. She's not much of a hugger and kisser. I don't particularly miss it in public as much as I'd like more affection in private.

Geek!

Yeah, it was my first thought, too.

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke
Old 09-26-2005, 09:16 PM

Agree that it's about time and place

I have two co-workers who practically stuff their tongues down each other's throat in the front of our spa... It's not that the act itself grosses me out, so much as makes me want to say-- you're a couple, we get it already! Personally, I won't do anything in public that I wouldn't want some 6 or 7 year old to see- so holding hands, quick kisses or a hug- all that works for me. But full on making out in public just isn't something I like to watch others do, so I don't so much do it myself.