Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Missing the Angels

Stress, depression, maybe just got the blues...........

The Pixies Power thread is for those trying to lose weight, so I thought maybe a thread for those of us needing a friendly ear for when we are stressed, depressed or just feeling down or blue or any other thing you might need.

So I'll start..................

I work retail and of course it's nuts right now. My boss and I keep trying to tell ourselves that we can only do so much and the DM will just have to be happy with it. But then I get home and I think of all the things I should or need to be doing but have been too tired to do. I do a little here and a little there but I'm still behind and some of it I'm behind on cause I was too lazy to get it done awhile back. When I'm tired I think more about things and then I get depressed. With the holidays I've been more tired then I usually am and more moody too. Sometimes I feel like I'm a rotten mother and a rotten girlfriend and sometimes I don't like myself. Somedays are better then others and I'm trying to stay positive.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:37 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
((SDLS)) I've been on the edge all week this week. I think it will blow over.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Simple writer man

I feel for you SDLS. Holidays are a very fun, enjoyable time of the year on one hand...and on the other they're stressful, difficult, and just plain chaotic.

I've been having a time. I failed out of the Program I was in...I'm being relatively positive and optimistic about it...I've decided it happened, I'll learn from it, and do better in the next one...but it still has me down. On top of that, my fiance and I are having a touch of problems...nothing relationship destroying by any means, and we're talking and getting through it and starting to get happier with one another, but it's still hard. We rarely ever, ever argue/fight, and even when we do it's severely minor and calm and never an ugly thing, but because we fight so little when we do it seems like a big thing even when it's not.

We're also dealing with tight fiances lately. It seems like no matter how we save, ends aren't meeting up. Add to that the holiday season, and it seems like we're dead broke and in a hole. We were also thinking about moving, which has just been nothing but stress.

For me, I don't right now have any huge, massive stressor in my life. But I have so many little ones, they're all adding up and it's really working on my patience and optimism. I suspect that's how it is with almost everyone, but that doesn't make me feel any less stressed.

"Batman was a SCIENTIST?!" -Homer Simpson
Old 12-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Leo was right

Stress, depression, blues............. yeah, I'm probably somewhere in that neighborhood right now.

Nothing really new going on to put me in the funk I was in today (and right now for that matter). Basically it's all health related. Usually I keep a good outlook on things and have the attitude that, "I'm gonna win. Been battling this for almost 39 years, not going to give up now. It will be better tomorrow." That kind of stuff. The tomorrows just don't seem to be getting any better though. I had a day yesterday like I haven't had in, I don't know how long. I was energetic, strong, motivated, almost felt like my old self again. It was great.

Today came around and I know I should've at least called my doctor but I just didn't do it. Couldn't give a damn about it to tell you the truth.

I've been trying for almost two weeks to put together a list of things I want to do over the next five years but I get so far and I just ...........

Well, never mind. Just a bad day. Tomorrow will be better. I hope.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 12-15-2006, 06:33 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I can completely relate to this too sweetie. On Tuesday baby and I both cried all day and I felt like I was the worst person in the world. Thankfully, I got over that and the rest of the week has been much better. I'm sure it won't be the last time I feel like that though. For now we're just muddling on through and each day that I manage to be dressed before noon and eat three square meals I'm celebrating as a success.

Remember, don't sweat the little things. In the grand scheme of things they count for shit.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 12-15-2006, 08:01 AM
is not this trim anymore!

I go through phases where I don't feel very productive, or when I feel like my efforts are wasted because the end result is not what I was working so hard towards. What's the worst is when I am dead tired at the end of the day and think back about how I was rushing back & forth, feeling like I was working my ass off, and in reality...I was reacting to a situation that could've been avoided had I approached it from a different angle. I hate that. Those are the things that keep me up at night. As you've probably ascertained by now, I tend to overanalyze. If I don't fall asleep within minutes of going to bed...I will be awake for hours laying there. There are ways to deal with stress and sometimes they work, but I discovered that one needs to tweak the application of them to fit one's personal style. For example: meditation. I love the idea of meditating, but my mind soon wanders from it's peaceful zen garden into the above mentioned quagmire of work & life related stress and before I realize how far I've gone...my heart is pounding and I'm holding my breath. I've learned that the best way to avoid the wandering is to give my mind a task. The few times I take a moment to meditate, I recite "If" by Rudyard Kipling silently. If nothing else...the body sits still for a few minutes.

I suggest finding your "If" and distracting your mind for a bit. It's not escaping from your problems...it's refueling your body and formulating a battle plan for how to tackle them.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Missing the Angels

Lilith ~ Yes, I'm thinking it will all blow over after Christmas too. Your almost to school break, hang in there.

CrouchingBuddha ~ Yup, the little stress's can add up. Good Luck on your next program. My sis has been a nurse for over 15 yrs., my mom and I could'nt believe she made it thru school but she did!! Broke, yup, never fails the car takes a bite out of the budget. I used to move all the time, it sucked, glad I'm settling in, least I hope I am.

IowaMan ~ My days are like that, tomarrows can always be better. You've come a long way, don't give up now. My mom has struggled this last year with her health and I went thru a lot of guilt since I could'nt be there for her. I was thinking that next year when we drive thru Iowa to get home to SD that we could meet up with you and say HI. It's always fun meeting Pixies.

Lou ~ I remember those days after I had kiddo. We're mom's, we cry!!! It gets better after 6 months and sleep. I remember breastfeeding and one day I heard another baby cry in a store and I started leaking. Those bra pads don't hold shit, when it wants out it wants out!!

WI ~ Your so sweet!!!! I used to read to take my mind off things but then I never wanted to put the book down and never got anything done. I have some new books but no time right now to read. I do need to find a new refueling system.

Yesterday's 2nd nap did wonders for me. I had a great rest of the day. Woke up feeling good this morning course I have'nt went to work yet but I'm hoping to keep my head on straight for that. I'm just gonna keep telling myself to let it go!!!

Hugs to all and I hope we all have a good day!

Thanks Pixies!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Melted

Apparently I am not important enough to be informed about an application for a job at the other end of the country. He's already had a phone interview and he's meeting someone from there next week. Not exactly surprised that his career is more important than me, but how can I trust him if he went behind my back to do this?

I can't stop crying. God I'm so scared...
Old 12-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Pixies Flirt

Send a message via AIM to 1nutworld
Hey PS, that really sucks, and is quite a "low blow". I'm truly sorry to hear about the situation you're facing. Hang in there.

Just think of all those times you've tried to keep ME positive ok?

Let me know if I can help any!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Leo was right

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((PixieSprite))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))

I wish I had a magic wand I could wave and make things better or be able to come up with some incredibly inspirational words that would do the trick. But, unfortunately all I can do is let you know you're in my thoughts and I'm wishing nothing but the very best for you.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 12-15-2006, 09:37 AM
is not this trim anymore!

(((((PS)))))

I can't speak for Lake but from personal experience...I've interviewed for jobs and negotiated career changes without Mrs. WI's involvement. In my case, it was because I'd learned from the past. Getting her hopes up just to have them dashed (along with mine) was something I was trying to avoid. Mind you, the career change didn't involve different hours or moving our home elsewhere. It's easier to absorb being informed of a change when it doesn't affect your day to day life much.

I'm sorry that you're hurting.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:38 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
(((pixiesprite)))

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 12-15-2006, 09:39 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
and (((soda))) too

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 12-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
I think I know what triggered my current funk...always kind of operate on the edge anyway, but I've been trying to maintain, for me anyway, an upbeat outlook...I put things off I know I should do, but I tire easily, my back starts hurting, or I'm just not in the mood...wife has been pressuring me to (among many other things) clean off the table next to my recliner so we can put up some kind of tree & other Xmas decorations, so I got myself motivated to do it...going thru all kinds of paperwork & junk mail that I put aside to deal with later, I found a grace period notice for my life insurance premium...obviously I had set it down to deal with, it got forgotten & buried...then the afternoon mail brought a notice that it has indeed expired because I dropped the ball...now I'm in a real funk, no life insurance, & I just know that getting a new policy is gonna be a steep price because of my age & health...& all the other crap that I've been putting off still looms large & mocks me as I move around the house...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Missing the Angels

((((((((((((((((((PixieSprite))))))))))))))))))

Sweetie, maybe it's like WI said, maybe he did'nt want you to worry over it. He could also be scared over the fact that this would make you unhappy. You've come this far, talk to him about how your feeling. Take a deep breath!!

Thanks wyndhy!