Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 12:27 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
50th Anniversary

I'm looking for quotes, passages or saying that would be appropraite for a 50th wedding anniversary where vows will be renewed. Bits about family and grandkids etc. would be along the lines of what I need. Any ideas?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 06-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Yankee in Dixie

When you first got married you were young and stupid, and now that you're old and senile you've decided to do it all over again. J/K. Unfortunately, of all the movies I have pretty much memorized and books I've read I'm coming up blank. Only advice I can offer is say how lucky they are they've found a love strong enough to last through years and trials of life. It's seems kind of rare to see that now a days.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 06-15-2009, 03:05 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
love and marraige. love and marraige.
it's an institute you can't disparage.
ask the local gentry
and they will say it's elementary.

love at first sight is easy to understand: it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle. - i have no idea who said that.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 06-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Suddenly the theme song to Married with Children is going through my head.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 06-15-2009, 03:43 PM

Paul Sweeney
A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.

Felix Adler
Love is the expansion of two natures in such fashion that each include as the other, each is enriched by the other.

Erich Fromm
Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.

Pearl S. Buck
A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.

James Thurber
Love is what you've been through with somebody.

Vincent van Gogh
Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence.

Anonymous
Moonlight and roses are bound to fade for every lover and every maid but the bond that holds in any weather is learning how to laugh.

Newlyweds become 'oldyweds', and 'oldyweds' are the reasons that families work.

Love is like an earthquake-unpredictable, a little scary, but when the hard part is over you realize how lucky you truly are.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:56 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I liked many of them ^^^ that I saw when I looked up anniversary quotes but I'm looking for something more about families/marriage. And possibly a short passage as opposed to a short quip. But thanks for the suggestions.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 PM
MSGME!

"If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.
If the mountains should crumble to the sea, there would still be you and me."
--Page/Plant
might work...if you could work something in about family too.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:32 PM
pixie of the wood

shakespeare wrote a sonnet about marriage. william penn, too - nad i think his says something about kids. i try and find em

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 06-17-2009, 03:36 PM
pixie of the wood

shakespeare’s sonnet 116
Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth’s unknown, although his height be taken.
Love ’s not Time’s fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle’s compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error, and upon me prov’d,
I never writ, nor no man ever lov’d.

william penn
Never marry but for love; but see that thou lovest what is lovely. He that minds a body and not a soul has not the better part of that relationship, and will consequently lack the noblest comfort of a married life.

Between a man and his wife nothing ought rule but love. As love ought to bring them together, so it is the best way to keep them well together.
A husband and wife that love one another show their children that they should do so too. Others visibly lose their authority in their families by their contempt of one another, and teach their children to be unnatural by their own examples.
Let not enjoyment lessen, but augment, affection; it being the basest of passions to like when we have not, what we slight when we possess.
Here it is we ought to search out our pleasure, where the field is large and full of variety, and of an enduring nature; sickness, poverty or disgrace being not able to shake it because it is not under the moving influences of worldly contingencies.
Nothing can be more entire and without reserve; nothing more zealous, affectionate and sincere; nothing more contented than such a couple, nor greater temporal felicity than to be one of them.

not exactly what i thought they'd be, and penn's doesn't say much about kids. sorry.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:50 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I like the sonnet. I'm not exactly sure how to sum up 50 years in a paragraph

Thanks for all the ideas.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 PM
One Hot Mamma!

Send a message via MSN to ShadowDancer Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowDancer
i kinda like this one:

""Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end."" --anon.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:35 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I'm heading out tomorrow for the big weekend. Take care and shoot something off for me

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 07-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
I'll do my best...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:47 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

and surprise me with lots of sexy pics posted by the time I return.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 07-06-2009, 05:36 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I hope you guys followed directions...

The ceremony was lovely. The person doing the ceremony wrote something very specific to the couple but began crying so hard she could barely deliver the vows anyhow. My inlaws wrote their own little things to say to eachother. It was very touching and a testament to what 50 years means.

~>My Scribbles<~