Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Loungin' Around

((((Lil))))

I spent my day in class, having a GREAT gym workout, and then shopping for 2.5 hours. <sigh> I *hate* shopping. But I did get 3 new pairs of pants, 2 pairs of shoes, a bra, a pair of panties, and a dress shirt...all for about $175. I wasn't too unhappy with that -- especially since almost all the stuff is name brand. It seems like I have good luck at Nordstrom Rack when I go...despite the long lines and the haphazard arrangement, they have nice stuff.

So anyway...I dropped 2 pants sizes and 1 shirt size (although I didn't buy many shirts). The bad news is....I am down to a B cup again...I'd crept up to a C when I gained the weight. Why does it *always* come off my boobs first??? <sigh>

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 04-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Learning to talk sexy

lol osuche ... always starts from my top and from my feet first as I lose ... I think the water comes from there first ... and of course the boobs are very high fat levels for women, so just think of it as burning fat ... Congrats on the moving into smaller sizes all around ... YAY!!!!

If I stick to my plan until bedtime, I will end my day just inside of my calorie range again ... 2 days in a row ... and weekend days at that ... how wonderful is that after being out of control for several days! ... keeping a close watch on myself to maintain through til bedtime!

sending hugs to Lil ... hope the stress lessens .. it can be so difficult to deal with sometimes!!!

And can you all stand it ... end of April and for many of us ... 4 months working at making healthier choices. YAY for all of us!!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:33 AM
~getting by~

I felt myself slipping in the past week, so I'm ready to get back on track starting today. I've had a lot of unusual opportunities as of late that were fun, but were hard to plan my eating around.

I saw people I have not seen in months this weekend and people were very generous with compliments. It was a great boost to my ego, but also a detriment at the same time. My mind works in mysterious ways - as people were telling me things like "you look great" my mind started to think, if I look great NOW then I can QUIT. I don't need to go any further. The reality is that I still have about 90 lbs to go.

The other unfortunate thing that happened (not sure if I mentioned this before today) was at the dr. I found out that I'm shorter than I wanted to believe. When factoring in the shortness, it meant that I had another 10 lbs to lose to be at the very top of my healthy weight range.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Loungin' Around

((((Maddy)))) ~~ the dr tells me I am shorter than I thought I was, too. Maybe it's a midlife crisis kinda thing.

I am yo-yod up again today those 2 lbs I thought I'd lost last week. But this week will be better!

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 05-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Learning to talk sexy

(((((maddy))))) ... sorry about the height thing ... great that others are noticing and complimenting ... maybe remind yourself that you're not doing this just about how you look (or at least I assume you aren't) ... but about being healthier as well... hope you had a great day and that this week continues to go well for you!

osuche ... way to keep the positive attitude going ... you are doing wonderfully!!

me ... third day in a row of being inside my calorie range .... it's been a little challenging for me mentally ... want to be able to go back to that old style of thinking where I eat what I want, when I want ... in the quantities I want ... working to change that thought process ... suspect there will be times that I want to do that for the rest of my life ... that doesn't mean I have to give into it though ... so I'm working on figuring out alternatives to eating when I'm in this mode... I just keep reminding myself that if I don't keep moving forward the backward slide will be much faster than the time it has taken to move forward and then I'll have to start all over again .... don't want to waste any more time in that cycle!
Old 05-02-2006, 04:57 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I went on a sweets fest and so I am working to get back off the sugar.

fzzy you need to keep looking forward and not worry about back sliding. You have made remarkable progress. I am going to ask myself some serious questions each time I put something in my mouth. Is this food? Am I using it for nourishment or comfort?

You guys know I have breakfast issues, I just tried the "Oatmeal on the Go" bars and they feel like lead but taste pretty good. I had the banana bread. They are high calorie but for breakfast it's not so bad.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-02-2006, 05:27 AM
~getting by~

I read an article yesterday that suggested we should be eating within 45 minutes of waking each day. It also explain that breakfast received it's name because it is the meal that breaks the fast we go into each night as part of sleeping. The same article suggested during the waking hours we should be eating some meal or snack every 4-5 hours. This concept of fasting each night actually made sense to me given that we should have nourishment every 4-5 hours. I was most intrigued by the name breakfast and where it comes from.... so I thought I'd share.

Now speaking of fasting - do any of you know how long you are supposed to fast before bloodwork. I can't remember if my dr told me to not eat for 12 hours or 8 hours. Therefore I haven't gone in for my bloodwork yet, but need to do so this week.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Loungin' Around

maddy, I have no ides ont he bloodwork..I have some vague recollection that the dr told me not to eat breakfast, so I guess it's 8 -- but it might be best to check with your dr office.

I'm headed in for my annual this morning. I hate being poked at! But last year I had some "abnormal cells," so I have my fingers crossed that everything is fine.

Fzzy and Lil, I think you're both too hard on yourselves. Some days we need to go on sweetsfest...and I agree with Lil that fzzy is unlikely to backslide at this point. Simply too much positive feedback fromt he weight loss.

As for me...2 days back on track. Under 1800 calories, BIG workouts, and good food choices. This evening I am going to a sushi house with a friend, so we'll see how it goes. Of I follow the Wendee plan, perhaps I am due a night of high calories?

Old 05-02-2006, 07:00 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
My Dr says 10 hours.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Learning to talk sexy

You are all the best!!! ... Lil .. thanks, I try not to be hard on myself, but also try to find that delicate balance of what you don't acknowledg .. you can't fix ... today I wasn't as good as I would have liked, but still basically on track ... tomorrows another day!

osuche, hope the physical went well!

maddy, my memory is that it's 12 hours, but I'd guess that Lil has a better knowledge directly from her dr. and hope the testing goes well.

Lil ... good luck on the getting off the sugar ... I think that's one of the toughest battles that I face as well ... I like my sweet treats!

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Loungin' Around

I was bad, bad, bad yesterday...2300 calories an dmost of it was food. But I had a fun lunch AND dinner out with friends. So today I have vowed to be better. I am down those 2 lbs I gained.

I'm starting to loose momentum a bit, I think....I've gotten so many compliments it's easy to think I look fine. But then I look at myself in th emirror, and I know how far I have to go. I just have to keep those images top of mind, lest I lose my drive.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

Hello everyone

I hope that everyone is doing well... and feeling better. Why is it that Fat goes on so quickly and without effort... but it takes so long to take it off? IF I had only not taken being skinny (and healthy) for granted... and I swear that when I get there again I won't make that same mistake again..

I haven't been around again much lately... been sooo busy staying active... I am now working out 3 times a day... 6 am Curves work out... a lunch time Leslie Sansone 15 minute Mile Walk DVD (lesliesansone.com).. and a mile (building up to 3) walk in the evening... I am still on Weight Watchers... will be 3 months coming up on the 8th... and so far I have now lost 29.2 pounds...

I finally broke down today and scheduled a doctors appointment... tho scheduled it far out (July 27 & 31st) to give me more time to get further down.. would like to hit 60 pounds by then... I figure if I have lost just about 30 pounds this past 3 months I stand a good chance of continuing..

My deepest hope is to hit my ultimate goal on February 8th 2007, just in time for Valentines Day..... and HOPEFULLY by then I will have a date in which to celebrate with.

Hugs all... sending each of you skinny thoughts... and I will check in with all of you soon. Keep up the inspiring work
Old 05-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Serious Member

Smile

Good Luck everyone.

I'm on the LAMS diet.

Less alcohol, More sex.

Some way to go to get back to my old fighting weight - but I am getting complete and eager support!

Madam, if you were my wife, I would take it.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:09 AM
Learning to talk sexy

YAY Jenna... great job!!! always good to see you on the thread/boards!

osuche ... I know what you mean, struggling a bit myself as well with maintaining some momentum ... at least with sticking with my goals in eating and calories ... but tomorrow is another day ... and it will be better!

Vigil ... sounds like an interesting weight loss program! LOL (that could be Lots of Luck ... or the usual LOL)
Old 05-05-2006, 06:23 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Checking in after my regular Friday weigh-in. After a rough couple of weeks which saw an actual 3.5 lb. GAIN (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr--I don't want to talk about it) I lost 3.0 of that off again this week. That still puts me at a net 29.0 lbs. lost.

I have tried not to overly obsess over what could be partially water retention and/or scale fluctuations, in addition to some sporadic poor choices. This week's results, though, will help me maintain my focus and determination.

You all are such a source of inspiration to me--I appreciate it greatly.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author