Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Banned

cancer support

My uncle was just diagnosed with stomach and liver cancer. From PMs from lovely Pixies, I know other people are dealing with illness . . . if you want to rant or discuss, perhaps we can try this thread . . .
Old 12-07-2003, 07:18 AM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
I lost my father and several other family members to cancer. I'd be most willing to offer to chat with anyone who feels the need to vent or whatever. My heart goes out to all having to deal with this crisis. Feel free to PM me amytime. Steph, I'll be sure to include you in my prayers Hon.

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 12-07-2003, 08:22 AM
Huggable!

A very good friends 15 year old son was diagnosed with leukemia during the summer. Not only is he dealing with the treatment but he is having allergic reactions to alot of things they're giving him. Mom had no clue he was allergic to anything because before this he was seldom ever sick & never took anything more then tylenol. He was admitted to Hasbro Childrens Hospital last week with a bad reaction. I guess it was pretty severe. Mom & Dad are taking turns sleeping at the hospital & being there all the time. Dad is usually away alot, on the road due to his job. He has taken a lesser position in the company & is only working a few hours a week. There are 2 younger children in the family.

I'm sure they could use all the prayers, good thoughts & well wishes you can spare!

Thanks.
teddy
Old 12-07-2003, 10:14 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
My love and support to all of you. If anybody ever needs to chat I am here for you.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-08-2003, 04:16 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
I empathise with Steph and her famaliy as well as all other families affected by cancer.

My mother's sister died age 32 with ovarian cancer, my mother had breast cancer 20 years ago and had a radical mastecomy of the right breast, had a hysterectomy at age 76 because of cervical cancer and she died in March this year because of lung cancer. How much was that to bear 3 bouts of cancer in a lifetime.

My dad died last year of cancer of the oesophagus so we have a long association with cancer in my family.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Bouncy Bunny

*hugs Steph* Sorry to hear hun! I lost my dear friend who was like a second mother to me (in fact she told her coworkers I was her daugther and never said anything different) to lukemia. It was a hard struggle for her but she is in a betetr pace now and not in any more pain. :heart:

My Stories:One Hot July Allison's Seduction Olivia's Journey
Old 12-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Banned

And you're all in my prayers!

Allergic to the medication - that's terrible!
Old 12-09-2003, 05:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Pussy Willow
It seems like everyone who dies in my family dies of cancer.

I've made too damn many trips to the cemetery !!!

You need support, you got it !!!!!

All my prayers go out to you and your family !!!
Old 12-09-2003, 06:21 PM
Member of weird club

Steph my prayers are with you and them also. My son was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 9 yrs old. He was missing a gene so he could only get half the dosage he was suppose too. He is going on fourth year off treatments this month. Teddy Bear I know mwhat they are going through. As I stayed with him most of the first year as he was in and out of the hospital. We are a member of the dance marathon, and meet many new parents and kids with cancer. It is something that no one should have to face but it is a part of life. To all I wish the best and hope that everything goes ok.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:43 PM
Pixies favorite Rose

I just recently lost my father to Prostrate cancer. He was on chemotheropy for 4 yrs. In Oct he took a turn for the worst. He lasted only a few days. He now is without pain, and in a much better place. We'll all miss him very much.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:12 AM

I really wouldnt wish cancer on anyone its such a horrible disease and almost certainly ends in death if the person with it isnt strong enought to cope with it. Ive had to experinces with it. First my aunt died about eight years ago with it and it really upset me to see her fading away she looked so bad from all the chemotherapy and drugs and everything it used to really upset me to see her like that. And my other experience was last year with my mum who im very close to. She had cervical cancer but is now in remision i guess. She went through alot aswell but thank god she came through it all ok and is still with us. Id never want to loose my mum to something like that although i know at some time she will go if u know what i mean.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:35 AM

I lost one of my younger sisters to cancer a number of years ago.

Rant, rave, hit and scream if you need, stuff the feelings of the world.

Eventually, you come to terms.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Inquiring Mind

Steph, bigbear, teddybear, grumbleguts, babybunny, pussywillow, kclere, rosebud, pinkbutton, oldfart

So sorry for you and your loved ones. Losing someone to cancer is one of life's real downers. I lost both grandmothers and my mother to cancer. Several people from work have loved ones with cancer or have recently lost loved ones to cancer.

My prayers go out to you and those you love. Keep as strong as you can, but don't forget to ask for help if you need it.

hugs to all
Old 12-14-2003, 12:24 AM
Banned

As I lounged on the couch hungover after the office party last night, I watched a Biography of Patti Labelle. The poor woman lost her three sisters and her mother to cancer, all in the '80s.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:24 PM
Just me.

Have two dear friends right now suffering from cancer. The one had one of his lungs removed and while the surgery was successful, he hasn't been bouncing back very well. Deeply concerned about him. A great lady whose kids and ours played basketball together is suffering from cancer and we understand is not responding well to the treatments.

Seems like so many people are in need our our good thoughts and prayers. You're all in ours. Let us know whenever we can help. Steph, God bless you. You know you've been in our prayers.