Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2006, 05:57 AM

For those that are single on here...

*coming from a straight male's perspective here *

I've always had this problem in bars/clubs/pubs etc when you go out and you catch someone looking at you and obviously you go over and intro. yourself

But...I've had many times found out that the person looking at you is either

a. seeing someone
b. has a bf already
c. is lesbian

this is AFTER you've already bought them a drink and spent what 10-20 minutes talking to them. By the end of a night you might have talked to 3-4 women and i can honestly say about 1/2 of'em were either A,B,C or even D (they are engaged/married and didn't have their ring on lol) and quite frankly its wasting your time (unless you're after an affair which i'm not looking for)

So with that in mind I've been looking for ways of identifying either A,B,C or D earlier but in a "silver-lining" type of way without being so direct and perhaps prior to "Can I buy you a drink?"

What can you come up with?
Old 02-17-2006, 07:32 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

How about 'So why hasn't the man in your life bought you a drink yet?'

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 02-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Banned

I'm not sure but it sounds like you're not happy with buying a,b,c,d people drinks. Don't buy someone a drink right away then.

I've had guys say "You must be a lesbian" when I've refused their advances.

You can look at the hunt more positively & chalk up the cost of a drink as the cost of ammunition.

*shrug*
Old 02-17-2006, 08:40 AM

^^ hahah absolutely true

I'm thinking probably along the lines of, "Does your boyfriend mind if I buy you a drink?" and to be honest this could be done both ways if a girl wants to come on a guy because you'll find out if they're attached or not.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:24 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
he said if a girl wants to come on a guy *giggles*

asking upfront - no matter how - seems like the best idea, but i do like lou's line better - it's sweet yet aggresive

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 02-17-2006, 10:11 AM
MSGME!

Can I buy you a drink until your date arrives?

Can I buy you a drink?I hope you're single cause I've already spent $200 on married women and only have 12 dollars and 19 cents left!

If I buy you a drink can I have it back when your boyfriend gets here?
Old 02-17-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Kenshin=-
What can you come up with?

Not single anymore and not into the bar scene in the first place.

However, my take on this: I doubt there's anything you can do about it. They know they are being deceptive. Therefore how do you expect that there's anything you can do about the situation?
Old 02-17-2006, 12:21 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Don't talk to her until she already has a full drink. By the time she needs a refill...you'll not only know if she's available, but also if she is someone you may be interested in getting to know better.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to rzande1 Send a message via MSN to rzande1 Send a message via Yahoo to rzande1
Ok here is a good one. Where can you meet a good woman without going to the bar or club. This is for those of us that do not go to the bars and clubs cause we think they are just plain stupid.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:07 PM
pixie of the wood

bonjour!

school? i'd say that's the total opposite of stupid

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 02-17-2006, 04:09 PM

Bonjour!

How about hitting the diners at 3:00am? Same crowd...no bar!

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:11 PM
pixie of the wood

nah. that's^^^stupid.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:14 PM

I knew my mommy was right when she said "better to remain silent and be thought of as stupid, than to speak and eliminate all doubt".

Old 02-17-2006, 07:49 PM

Actually for those that don't visit bars/clubs/pubs (i'm not heavy into these locations myself but hey i'm not one to pass down the opportunity) bookstores are great...and come on you get to read some interesting material in the erotic section too heheh. make a simple comment about the book they are reading or heck even grocery stores can be interesting sometimes...Find a girl looking like she doesn't know what she wants in the sushi section and pop in your advice.

here's a situation that's been bugging me at work now...there's this girl at work and i can swear we've crossed eyes before but given that its a work environment and i want to remain professional and all how do i come across knowing whether she's with someone or not...she's in a different dept area which kinda of blows for me but we meet up in the photocopying room from time to time...but aside from the idle chit chat about work for 30 secs i haven't been able to figure out anything beyond that lol.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

Have you done the obvious things like look for a ring?

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !