Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2004, 03:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to aflyerfan Send a message via Yahoo to aflyerfan
The 130th Kentucky Derby

I am making my way from New York down to the Kentucky Derby this year. I am wondering if anyone has been there and if so if they could give any advise to this NewYorker about what to expect.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:55 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I don't have any advice...but wanted to say, have a wonderful time aflyerfan!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-13-2004, 05:35 AM
Huggable!

Sorry I can't help you since I've never been.

I just thought I'd wish you a safe trip!!

Have alot of fun and if your betting..... GOOD LUCK!
Old 04-13-2004, 06:01 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Drink a mint julep for me!!!!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-13-2004, 06:09 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

aflyerfan~Having been born and lived most of my life in Lul-a-vul (that's your first lesson--how to pronounce the city), feel free to PM me with any specific questions. Are you just going down for the day or for Derby week? Either way, you'll have a blast!

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 04-13-2004, 02:17 PM

I am going to be there on Thursday. I am going to Churchill on the Oaks and derby days. I hear I should go on the infield,but I dont know how convenient it is to wager on the infield. I have a hotel room on Brownsboro Rd.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:25 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Ah, home!

I've only been to Derby, once. I was actually in the stands and have never been to the infield; however, I *have* heard the stories. I'm not sure on betting out there, either...I'm not sure too much betting goes on out there. People are too busy doing other things like trying to sneak alcohol in, etc.

If you're there in time and are interested, the Pegasus Parade is always held on Thursday afternoons. I want to say it starts around 5ish. It's actually the only pre-Derby thing I've been to.

Two Saturdays before Derby is the official kick-off to the Derby festival. They have this huge, and I do mean HUGE, fireworks display on the river. The week before Derby is when things really kick in, though. The Saturday before Derby is the Great Balloon Race, and the Wednesday before Derby is the Great Steamboat Race. In between, they have other things like a bed race through the downtown streets, and a race where waiters and waitresses carry wine and see who can spill the least and win.

All in all, it's a blast--I'm sure you'll have a great time!

P.S. To hell with the Mint Juliep--have a piece of Derby Pie for me!

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 04-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Carpe diem

Ohhhhhh...I suspect they have a way to take your wager.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:58 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Um, he may be so distracted between the public drinking and sex that, once he *gets* to the infield, betting might be the last thing on his mind.

Old 04-14-2004, 02:57 PM

Sex on the infield? BRILLIANT.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:26 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

<----is repeating, once again, that she has never BEEN to the infield on Derby Day....just repeating what she's HEARD.

Old 04-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
From what I've heard from Cabrylla who has only missed 4 derbys in her lifetime................IAKG, you have heard correctly!!!!

And she says, " a 'piece' of derby pie, hell!!! Have a whole pie!!"
That's one of the things she misses most about "Lu-a-vul"
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 04-28-2004, 02:31 AM

I am off for Kentucky in 6 hours. I cant believe I am actually going to The Kentucky Derby. I am so pumped up about this,but I guessthere isnt a lot of horse players out there. I look foward to getting home and being about 700 posts behind.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:37 AM
slightly daft bugger

*Looks furtively over each shoulder as he whispers*

It's just a horse race.

*Runs screaming "Help Me" out of the thread.*
Old 04-28-2004, 05:36 AM
Banned

Re: The 130th Kentucky Derby

Quote:
Originally posted by aflyerfan
I am making my way from New York down to the Kentucky Derby this year. I am wondering if anyone has been there and if so if they could give any advise to this NewYorker about what to expect.
I have never been but Hubby has. So I asked him about it. He has been there three times. Twice in the standard seats and once in Millionaire's Row (he wasn't a Millionaire at that time--but was invited). He said he had more fun when he WASN'T upstairs in Millionaires Row. Overall he says it's a very well-organized event and the Locals are very friendly and happy for the out-of-town business.

He made a profit every time he was there (Lucky bum!) by NOT betting the favorites. Stay away from "the chalk" he says. He made most of his money there on Exactas/Perfectas.

Overall? He rates the place very highly! Have a blast!