Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 10:15 PM

Dealing with bureaucratic run-arounds
Old 07-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
grrrrr

Fucking yankee. If you don't get the joke you weren't the target audience and just because I'll take gentle criticism from my FRIEND who happens to be a goddamn yankee ( a yankee is a northerner, a damn yankee is a northerner who comes down for vacation, and goddamn yankee is one who comes down here and decides to stay ) it doesn't mean I'll be open to the same comments from someone elses yankee.

oh and the lady from work just passed her cpr first aid course.... wheeeeeeee she's accomplished so much...... riiiiiiiiight and yet she can't remember how to do a job she's been doing for almost two years? grrrrrrrrr she's from Detroit and thinks she knows everything about politics, unions, and how the only reason people dislike President Obama is because he is a "black man taking over where the white man has always been in power" and "the white men don't like a black man being in charge...." bitch the man could be PURPLE with orange spots and antlers people don't like him because he's a politician and there will ALWAYS be critics, some group that held on to one particular part of a speech will be upset because he hasn't managed to pull it through. Politicians promise pegasus unicorns when all they;re getting is a miniature horse farm. In the end they'll have something with four hooves, and equine head that can fly for a small amount of time, the critics call it jumping, sometimes they manage to glue a horn on it but it never stays on long and no matter how obvious it is to the majority that it was just decoration, someone is going to be disappointed.

i need chocolate

Kyttn
Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Missing the Angels

Sales people who don't know crap about what you need.

My daughter wanted a fish. Granted I should have done a bit of research first. But when I bought a Blood Parrot and said it was going in a 5.5 gallon tank, you would think the guy selling me a heater and air thing would have mentioned the fish needs a 30 gallon at least. Found that out from a message board. So now I need to try and get a bigger tank as soon as I can. CRIPES!!!!!!!!

A simple fish has turned into a big mess!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 02:08 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaKyttn
Fucking yankee. If you don't get the joke you weren't the target audience and just because I'll take gentle criticism from my FRIEND who happens to be a goddamn yankee ( a yankee is a northerner, a damn yankee is a northerner who comes down for vacation, and goddamn yankee is one who comes down here and decides to stay ) it doesn't mean I'll be open to the same comments from someone elses yankee......

Kyttn

Just don't forget the 'FUCKING yankee' part.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 07-25-2010, 02:12 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaklostsoul
..... So now I need to try and get a bigger tank as soon as I can. CRIPES!!!!!!!!

OR ................ you could take the fish back and get some that would suite the tank and attachments you already are stick with.

PS
We missed you in Vegas

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Old 07-25-2010, 03:59 AM
Manwhore

Quote:

It can happen all too easily.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 07-25-2010, 07:21 AM

We saw.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Quote:

My daughter wanted a fish. Granted I should have done a bit of research first. But when I bought a Blood Parrot and said it was going in a 5.5 gallon tank, you would think the guy selling me a heater and air thing would have mentioned the fish needs a 30 gallon at least. Found that out from a message board. So now I need to try and get a bigger tank as soon as I can. CRIPES!!!!!!!!

I had something similar happen. Only mine was an Oscar (aka velvet cichlid). I realize that the common assumption is that people working in a specialized department should have a general knowledge of the product, but chances are you were dealing with someone working a summer job and only know to feed the fish x times a day and not what kind of fish they are. It's like getting your oil changed at Wal Mart. I worked the Tire Lube Express and had no prior experience working on cars except my own. Isn't it nice to know that people are driving on tires that I installed with on the job training?
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 07-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Missing the Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snow
I had something similar happen. Only mine was an Oscar (aka velvet cichlid). I realize that the common assumption is that people working in a specialized department should have a general knowledge of the product, but chances are you were dealing with someone working a summer job and only know to feed the fish x times a day and not what kind of fish they are. It's like getting your oil changed at Wal Mart. I worked the Tire Lube Express and had no prior experience working on cars except my own. Isn't it nice to know that people are driving on tires that I installed with on the job training?

LOL, ya I'll stick to tire stores thanks.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Missing the Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
OR ................ you could take the fish back and get some that would suite the tank and attachments you already are stick with.

PS
We missed you in Vegas

Missed you too!

She loves that fish, can't take it back.

Will find a tank somehow. Its not like it will die tomarrow, it seems happy.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:51 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

There's nothing like a happy fish. Right Lil.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Missing the Angels

Quote:

So I figured out the Fish reference. LOL
Old 07-25-2010, 08:15 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:

Who the hell would know ya old cock blocker!!!!!!!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-25-2010, 08:59 PM

She gets tetchy when she's not getting her way, hey PF?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Tease and Please

Send a message via Yahoo to AngelicVampires
Yup, people are still morons...
We had a Lab go home yesterday after spending the night at our clinic. It originally had gone to an emergency service. Apparently, a couple left their teenage son at home alone with the dog. At some point, the son noticed the dog eating a pack of cigarettes. He took it to the emergency place and told them she had eaten an entire pack of cigarettes as well as possibly an iPod. After reading the initial report, at the very end of the paragraph "owner thinks she may have eaten some marijuana" was tacked on. She was treated for marijuana toxicity after she was radiographed. The owner also claimed that she had vomited, was lethargic, and was having trouble using her rear legs. She had a pretty elevated temperature as well. Now if that wasn't bad enough, here's the topper: she had a HORRIBLE bruise covering almost the entire region under her chest. Our doctor said that it was "blunt force trauma." She believes that the boy KICKED this dog in the chest. Some people just need to be "weeded" out of the population.