Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Site News > Site Announcements
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2003, 09:20 PM

Shock and Dismay!

I can't believe Pixies will be gone, I've been here a long time. Never posted much but made my comments when I felt compelled. (Usually by Loulabelle's pics)!!

I always wanted to be more prolific, but then felt that my comments would mean more if i limited them to occasions when I simply could not hold my tongue.

To all the beautiful ladies I have ogled, please accept my apologies for not posting my praises. But here it is now, I have loved every pic and will miss you all.

Man, it would be good to here from some of the "oldies" at a time like this, kind of like a farewell reunion. Would love to see just one more post from SugarFreeCandy or Nubian.

Good bye all, and Aqua....I LOVE your taste in pics, and the way you have inspired so many women to feed your hunger!

BORU
Old 07-07-2003, 10:16 PM
The Ultimate Ride

Send a message via MSN to Slow Ride Send a message via Yahoo to Slow Ride
GOSH...........I'm so sad..................Pixies is the reason that I go online everyday....................I'll miss everybody here very much!!!
Old 07-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Pixies Prodigal Bard

Send a message via Yahoo to Murphy
Kim,
I am truly saddened to hear of the imminant demise of this wonderfull, fascinating, even history-making site. Even tho I jave joined Shar's Yahoo site, it's not the same. I wish you well in your endaevor to find Pixies a new home.

Thank-you!

The best thing about taking a vacation, is all the heartfelt huggs received upon your return. - Murphy

"The more you love, the more you CAN love. There's no limit to how much you can love - or how many" Lazarus Long in "Time Enough for Love" - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 07-07-2003, 10:48 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
My dungeon is here and I ain't leaving!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
My dungeon is here and I ain't leaving!

Don't get in the way of the woman and her dungeon!
Old 07-07-2003, 11:05 PM
yada, yada, yada

Send a message via Yahoo to darogle
Kim,
I just read the bad news about the site closing down. I just wanted to send you a personal and heartfelt thanks for all you have done. You have given alot of people a great gift. You have given them a voice, an outlet, an education, a diversion, a creative outlet, happiness, a hobby, a release, fantasy and love. You have sparked countless friendships and even romance. What a great legacy you leave. Your site seemed to bring out the best in people. I am hardpressed to think of a time I saw a negative comment or feedback. The acceptance and tolerance strikes me still. This place of yours became a bit of a refuge for me. A place to find beauty in a world that is often ugly. So again, my thanks. Bless you.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Wanting More

My sentiments echo much of what has already been said. I'm deeply saddened that this wonderful place must come to an end, but I am thankful that it existed for this long and it has introduced me to many friends and showed me another side of myself that has been hard to coax out of my "everyday" persona. This site has become a daily routine for me, and I regret that I will likely not make it to 1000 posts milestone. The loss of this site DOES feel like I'm losing so many friends with one swift punch in the stomach.
Thank you to Kim for all the hard work, and to each of our wonderful, dedicated moderators who also contributed their blood, sweat, and tears into the site. ((Hugs)) to Sharni for creating a Yahoo group so we can all maintain our contacts and still be our Pixies family in someway.
I hope to still see you all (all of whom I consider friends) in the chatroom and through e-mail or whatever.

Please keep in touch!! BlondeCurlGirl@yahoo.com

Licks and Hugs to all,
BCG

Old 07-08-2003, 12:47 AM
Always exploring

Send a message via Yahoo to Passion Please
I am still quite new to the family here. But I have loved everything about Pixies and the people that make it what it is.

Kim thank you.. for all you have done, there has never been anything like it.

I am sure we will make a plan for the future and am keen to keep in contact with all my special friends, so please take down my yahoo and icq contacts and keep in touch and I will do the same.

Thanks again....
Old 07-08-2003, 04:08 AM

i really cant belive it . This hasd come as a great shock to me and pudsey and we always kind of took pixies for granted that it would be there for infinity! silly i know! There is no other sex site like it anywhere it has got to be the best for sure and we will be so sorry to see it go. Thanks for all the hard work though kim and we wish everybody the best for the future.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:24 AM
I do naked cartwheels.

OK.

In light of Kim's last post, I propose the following compromise:

Kim's mini-pixies sounds like a great idea - the message boards and/or the stories remain on this site. And the Java chat. All held at her whim, of course.

Then, i suggest someone who is willing to undergo the task sets up another site for the pictures - which is a pay site. $ to be determined later.

From our point of view, everything would remain the same on this site, except the picture forums would be a link to the new site, which would be independently run.

I would suggest the new site - Pixies Pics? - keep largely the same format as here, but since I understand the vBulletin software that this site uses is expensive, it could be done with another messaging type software. That can also be worked out later.

What do you all think? This seems to be the most logical course of action, given what Kim said.
I am happy to moderate wherever needed, but in terms of actually running a site I have no experience and too much else on, I'm afraid.

So, I'm calling for feedback, Kim's thoughts, and volunteers.

Are we up for it?

CasperTG

My Photos:
https://imgur.com/a/80hiRdm
Old 07-08-2003, 06:48 AM
~Insatiably Wicked Tease~

Send a message via ICQ to Goddess_X
Quote:
Originally posted by CasperTG

I would suggest the new site - Pixies Pics? - keep largely the same format as here, but since I understand the vBulletin software that this site uses is expensive, it could be done with another messaging type software. That can also be worked out later. CasperTG

Wonderful Ideas Casp.

My only thought when I read this was...

in having a board in both places would this cause a division of members.. those who can pay and those that can't???

And if your gonna post at one...things kinda lose their sponteneity if your duel posting.

Not everyone is gonna be able to pay to see the pictures for a rainbow of reasons.

just my worthless opinion

xoxoxox
Old 07-08-2003, 08:38 AM
registered lurker

What can I say? I just got settled in. I joined the yahoo group, but I'd rather be here. I'll accept any compromise we can come up with.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:54 AM
I do naked cartwheels.

Quote:
Originally posted by Goddess_X
Wonderful Ideas Casp.

My only thought when I read this was...

in having a board in both places would this cause a division of members.. those who can pay and those that can't???

Well, I don't think so. I think it would be the same bunch of people - but those that want to look at pics would have to pay to do so. So yes, there's a division, but I can't think of any practical means of doing it any other way.

Quote:
And if your gonna post at one...things kinda lose their sponteneity if your duel posting.

Nope - the pics site is ONLY for pics and their replies etc. Just as you don't have general chat stuff in the pics forums now, you wouldn't on the new site. And no pics would be allowed on the message boards that remain here. So you wouldn't be posting twice - you'd post your normal message board stuff here, and post your pics/look at other peoples pics on the pay site.

I know not everyone will be able to pay, I don't have any miracle cures for that unfortunately. Suffice to say the pics are the biggest drain on the bandwidth, and therefore the biggest financial burden on Kim. So, as is too often in this cruel world, if you want something, you have to pay a price. Up until now, Kim has been paying that price. Now, I think it's up to those of us who want to look at/post pics to pay the price.

Would anyone want to volunteer to run the new site? Kim, would you be happy with this solution? What do the rest of you think?

CasperTG

My Photos:
https://imgur.com/a/80hiRdm
Old 07-08-2003, 09:35 AM
Not there yet.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Aqua
Thanks Coaster...

iPS, Thanks Irish! I don't think Coaster meant any harm, at least I hope not, but I appreciate you getting my back. YOU da MAN! (Hmmmm, maybe that's not an appropriate compliment for an old biker... Just trust me... it's a compliment! )

You got it Aqua! These things do lose something in the translation.

I've met many wonderful people here.... I have visited with them daily. I've even PM'd some when I'm traveling in their area for sites to see and restaurants/clubs to check out. EVERYONE responded with great ideas... we were never let down....... can you tell I will miss all of this

Now I guess I'll have to avoid traveling to Rochester, NH !! Just kiddin Irish...........
Old 07-08-2003, 10:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Talking

Coaster---Sorry.I've always been FIERCELY protective.It's
hard to break old hbits but I'm working on it,somewhat! Irish
Closed Thread