Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 05:46 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Do you think the excercise you get from dancing feels better because it's more authentic? Less contrived exercise? That is how I am. If the exercise served a purpose like kick boxing then I enjoy it so much more. Maybe it has to do with learning while I do it.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Call me FWM :)

I've changed my reply on this several times I think I agree with you in a way. Not 100%.. I'll try to explain! I can't relate something I'm doing in jeans and a t-shirt as being exercise, but I love learning something I've never done before and love being able to keep up with the rest of the group who have all done a previous course and know way more than I do when it comes to steps and dances. In a way I am not counting the dancing as exercise, because it's something I do for enjoyment rather than the fitness/calorie burning potentialities. Exercise that I count is the walking on the treadmill, when I specifically get my walking clothes and shoes on and really go for it.

I do know totally where you're coming from with regards to the kick boxing and other types of exercise that serve a purpose vs going to the gym etc, but I think for losing weight purposes I need to have a 'contrived' form of exercise too, such as the walking on a treadmill, as it 'feels' more like exercise.

That might not make a whole deal of sense I think I'm agreeing with you, but also saying that I need a more specific form of exercise, too ...and in true FWM style, I have probably written that in more than one way several times above
Old 02-13-2009, 04:27 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I get what you are saying and I think that what you may be saying is that it's important enough to you that you must be "working" on it. Going to the gym or using a treadmill is a conscious decision to do a specific thing for health.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-14-2009, 04:21 AM

^^^ Short and perfectly put I never was any good at summarizing
Old 02-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Not there yet.....

Help.. I fell off the wagon today... i had 5 Lindt choclate balls filled with something fucking good, liquid and alcoholic!!!!

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 02-14-2009, 08:54 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Oh this was the week from hell. My blood sugar is 394573498762038957439577.

I ate banana laffy taffy and tons of chocolate. I start fresh in the am. I know this is crazy but I think I am going to try running too.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 02-14-2009, 10:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Coastie
I think that because you don't consider it an exercise could make it even easier to do. By not thinking of it as an exercise it's a lot easier for you to do it and stick with it. That would be the best if you can have a hobby that also involves physical activity, helps to keep you motivated and it's harder to fall of the wagon. I think the best way to lose weight and keep it off is to make those livable small changes, versus trying to do anything drastic and sudden and ending up later falling off the wagon.

Either way kudos to you for having lost a lot already and sticking with it this far, the first month is the hardest, now it's starting to become habit. Yay you!

I have tried to cut back on my late night snacking I think that is what has really been hurting me. And I bought a Wii fit, I figured because of the hassle I went through to get it.. and at least a little bit of money spent on it I'm going to try and use that as one of many tools. At least until it gets nice outside and I can do something outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtWithMe
I've changed my reply on this several times I think I agree with you in a way. Not 100%.. I'll try to explain! I can't relate something I'm doing in jeans and a t-shirt as being exercise, but I love learning something I've never done before and love being able to keep up with the rest of the group who have all done a previous course and know way more than I do when it comes to steps and dances. In a way I am not counting the dancing as exercise, because it's something I do for enjoyment rather than the fitness/calorie burning potentialities. Exercise that I count is the walking on the treadmill, when I specifically get my walking clothes and shoes on and really go for it.

I do know totally where you're coming from with regards to the kick boxing and other types of exercise that serve a purpose vs going to the gym etc, but I think for losing weight purposes I need to have a 'contrived' form of exercise too, such as the walking on a treadmill, as it 'feels' more like exercise.

That might not make a whole deal of sense I think I'm agreeing with you, but also saying that I need a more specific form of exercise, too ...and in true FWM style, I have probably written that in more than one way several times above
Old 02-14-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster
Help.. I fell off the wagon today... i had 5 Lindt choclate balls filled with something fucking good, liquid and alcoholic!!!!
I'll see your alcoholic chocolate balls and raise you a few brownies

Lil, I don't know what banana laffy taffy is but it sounds divine!

I am going to be posting my weight-gain with an embarrassed look on my face on Monday In my defense I should point out that I have had a lot on my mind and this week is a difficult one for me.

Coastie, the first month was hard but re-starting after this diabolical week is going to be harder I'll be fine after two or three days of exercise and eating well but Monday through Wednesday are going to be horrible Good luck with your Wii Fit, I've heard they're a lot of fun!
Old 02-18-2009, 02:30 AM

I gained, I gained, I gained!!

I gained 2 lbs

...but that's not surprising AT ALL given the things I've been eating. It HAS been a bad week for me emotionally, but I can't keeping going off on a binge each time I feel less than happy.

I haven't got back to the treadmill and my eating has been out of control - attractive, eh?

My pledge to me is that TODAY is the new beginning. I will go on my treadmill each day from today, and I will knock the chocolate on the head, getting back to good eating habits of a couple of weeks ago. I will repeat the last week I did on my walking plan. That might have been week 5, I can't remember but I'll check.

I will post back here later when I've walked and for the next couple of days I'll post if I feel the need to eat unhealthy food.

My aim for Monday when I weigh myself is to either have remained the same or to have re-lost those 2 lbs I gained this week.

How is everyone else getting on?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:52 AM

I've walked today, and done 300 sit-ups

Feeling weak, wanting to say fuck-it and stay the weight I am I'll be ok once I get through the next couple of days.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtWithMe
Feeling weak, wanting to say fuck-it and stay the weight I am
I ended up saying fuck-it after this.

I was going through a particularly rough time mentally a month ago, and losing weight was at the very bottom of my priorities. So I ate. and ate. and stopped exercising That was followed by a bout of me being sick the last two weeks so excuses, excuses etc.

I think I've gained 5 lbs which, knowing how much of a glutton I have been, I am not too displeased about. I will re-start my walking plan tomorrow, and get back to not allowing myself computer time in the evening until I've walked. The 5 lbs should come back off easily if I cut out all the crap I've gone back to eating so I'm aiming to be back to my 20 lbs loss within three weeks. Then I can tackle the rest

Anyone else climbing back on? Or doing really well? Or in need of support?

Old 03-22-2009, 04:21 AM

90 minutes later and I am still motivated

Today I am going to stock up on healthy food and some kind of support bandage for my knee as I seem to have twisted it at my dancing class

My plan is to make smoothie for breakfast, soup for lunch and something light for dinner, with fruit in between. I'm not cutting out carbs but will make sure portions are small as it's all too easy to eat two portions or more of things like rice, pasta and potatoes.

I have a ticker somewhere and I have been taking pics of the scales when I weigh myself, and I have weighed myself each week even though I've been eating badly. I will update the ticker to make sure my 'bad' weeks are recorded as well as the 'good'.

I think today is the turning point of me getting back on track. I feel better about it than in previous weeks
Old 03-22-2009, 05:19 AM
Totally Committed

I posted in the old thread, i did not realise there was a new one. Haven't logged in for quite a while. I'm going to give another try with my weight loss. As i posted on the old thread, i have quite a deal to lose, the amount is embarrassing to me, so for now i'll keep that to myself. I'm hoping to get my life back, my health under control and definately my 'sexy' back! I will add a ticker once i've lost some, then it wont seem so bad

Thank you to FlirtWithMe for the invite into the new thread
Old 03-22-2009, 08:56 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I've been just sort of holding on. I have not gained or lost. People keep telling me how it loooks like I'm losing but I'm not. It's just redistributing.

I had set a goal a month or 6 weeks ago to lose another 6 pounds by next Sunday when I am going on a cruise for Spring Break. It did not happen but it will still come off. I plan to finish the school much healthier than it began.

I'm trying to decide if I'm doing kickboxing again this summer or if I want to give Zumba a try.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 03-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Pretty 'n Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I've been just sort of holding on. I have not gained or lost. People keep telling me how it loooks like I'm losing but I'm not. It's just redistributing.

Weigh redistribution is a good sign. As you become fitter you should be building up muscle which weighs more than fat, so the scales won't be so accurate. It's better to go by inches in the long run.
Just don't keep me hanging I've been hanging much too long

Espen Lind ~ Baby You're So Cool