Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Huggable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Isn't funny how you never want sex as bad as when you can't have it.

Amen to that!!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Missing the Angels

All I can do is add some hugs!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:43 AM
Everybody Stretch!

(((((wyndhy)))))

I don't know a thing about the type of cyst you have. Sorry I can't help there.

I'm smiling about your two new ones (baby and kidney) and I'll keep good thoughts for a healthy pregnancy!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-20-2007, 08:08 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
haven't been much in the mood for for the old bump and grind lately, especially at night when i tend to feel sicker, but if my last pregnancies are any indication, by the third trimester i'll be a bitch in heat with no relief in sight. sleeping on my stomach, though, i know i'll miss that. i never ever sleep on my stomach, i hate it, but when i'm pregnant, there is nothing i want more than to be able to sleep on my tummy.

thanks for the hugs and good wishes everyone, they mean soooo much.((((hugs))))

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 04-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
so to round things out a bit with this pregnancy, when the bleeding and cramping started, i went in for an early ultrasound to check how the little one, placenta and womb are all doing 9i had no idea they could find the heartbeat so early!) and the tech found this cyst inside one of my ovaries. it's a dermoid cyst. if you've never heard of it, it's one bizarre thing; since it's spawned from genetic material, it has all kinds of interesting things in it. nature sure is freaky. anyway. anyone ever had one? or know someone who did? and can you tell me what happened?

if it bursts, i'll need surgery, preggers or not. the chances are pretty slim that it will burst, but i'm curious and wanting more info than the doc or webmd can offer. i doubt it'll hurt more than a c-sec but forewarned is forearmed.

if it doesn't burst, they'll remove it when i have my c-sec. the doc was reluctant to do that at first, 'cause it will damage the ovary, but when i reminded her we're done with kids and she's gonna tie the old tubes for us, she agreed. (well, we were done before but, hey...whoops. the irony is we didn't actually do anything we shouldn't have after that last time but love isn't finite and well, ya get what ya get, right?) so...anyone have their tubes tied? or know someone who has?

Wyndhy, first of all, congratulations!! Surprise or not, it was always exciting for me when I found out another little one was on the way. They are all so different and such a joy (usually), I'm grateful just about every day for my kids, even the teenagers, haha.

Dermoid cysts are definitely interesting and very odd. I'm glad your doc found yours (and also your kidney, which I'm surprised they hadn't discovered sooner, but all's well that ends well, yes?) and I'm sure they'll keep an eye on it (the cyst, I mean). Having it removed is something I would do in your shoes, and if they're in there doing a C-section anyway, the timing is perfect.

As for tied tubes, I had mine done 13 years ago and never regretted it once. I had a couple of extremely heavy periods right afterwards, but was soon back to "normal" and it's all been good since then. Again, if they've got you open for a C-section, that's the perfect time to tie those tubes. That's what I did.

Hang in there, the nausea will eventually go away, as you know. Sucks while it's around tho, doesn't it?

(((((Wyndhy)))))

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 04-20-2007, 03:02 PM
pixie of the wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutelady
Sucks while it's around tho, doesn't it?

(((((Wyndhy)))))

amen sista friend. (((hugs))) and ty for the info!

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 04-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
yikes. perhaps we should just never stick his thingy in my hoo hoo ever ever again. i should be used to that soon enough anyway.

That's the scariest thing I've read in this thread!

jk!!

(((((((wyndhy))))))))

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 04-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

(((((((wyndhy))))))))

I'm glad you felt you could share with us - now you have a group of friends who'll be supportive and who are happy for you but also understand your fears.

When I fell pregnant, my Mum was so full of excitement that I was afraid she was going to jinx the whole thing. Next time, I won't tell her until I'm three months gone, for fear that I won't be so lucky twice.

I'm hope everything goes OK - I think you'll be fine, but we're here for you no matter what and you can share as much or as little as you please.

Oh and that goes for bigbad too of course - dads can feel all sorts of stuff at times like these too, and it's harder for them to share them.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 04-23-2007, 07:42 AM
pixie of the wood

(((((lou))))), thanks.
and aqua...
jk! (((hugs)))

Old 05-08-2007, 08:59 AM
pixie of the wood

i have this pain behind my scars (both were transverse, lower abdomen, one pretty much on top of the other) from the previous c-secs ... the doc says it's just the scar tissue givin' me fits and will likely go away with time, but i don’t see how since i ain’t gonna be getting any smaller and after an o the other night it hurt worse. anyone have experience with this? or even just the pain without having previous c-secs?

Old 05-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Goddess Bitch

Send a message via AIM to Eastern Send a message via MSN to Eastern Send a message via Yahoo to Eastern
awww wyndhy ((((HUGS))))) i have had mysterious pain and they ended looking around and not finding anything .. Try takeing some pamprin which i swear by and or some naproxsen.

"Tomorrow is another day" Scarlette O'hara monologue..

socrates last words.. " i drank what?!"
Old 05-08-2007, 09:26 AM
pixie of the wood

thanks (((eastern))).
not supposed to take anything but acetaminophen for pain at the mo', and i'm pretty sure naproxen is as big a no-no as aspirin, not sure about pamprin but i know it's got other goodies in it besides acetaminophen. doc recommended acetaminophen but it doesn't seem to do anything anyway. besides, i try not to take too many drugs while preggers unless the pain gets unbearable. the pain in my tummy is usually pretty mild, but annoying all the same. i was just curious if anyone else could relate and give me a heads up on how long it lasted with them.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Goddess Bitch

Send a message via AIM to Eastern Send a message via MSN to Eastern Send a message via Yahoo to Eastern
oh duh forgot about being preggies..
yeah don't take those.. sorry i was having a blonde moment

"Tomorrow is another day" Scarlette O'hara monologue..

socrates last words.. " i drank what?!"
Old 05-08-2007, 09:54 AM
pixie of the wood

lol....all is forgiven

Old 05-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Loungin' Around

Quote:
i have this pain behind my scars (both were transverse, lower abdomen, one pretty much on top of the other) from the previous c-secs ... the doc says it's just the scar tissue givin' me fits and will likely go away with time, but i don’t see how since i ain’t gonna be getting any smaller and after an o the other night it hurt worse. anyone have experience with this? or even just the pain without having previous c-secs?

I've not had a baby, but I do know a lot about scars...I used to fence with live blades and I have a lot of 'em.

I suggest you work some baby oil and/or vaseline into the scar. It's stretching and hurts - massage it in and do this regularly.

Feel better.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney