Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2002, 09:53 PM

Beauty Is In The Eye of the Beholder

This is just sort of a general rumination, partly inspired by another post in which it was said that one thing that a poster disliked about his SO was that she didn't feel herself to be attractive, or at least that's how I read it. I've experienced this as well with my SO, mostly in the form of the comment "I'm too fat". Here's my issue with this statement. I think that is beautiful.
My current girlfriend is a big girl and that is one of the reasons that I found her attractive. I've always found that I'm physically attracted to women who are, without any attempt to euphimize, fat. The problem is, I can't tell her this. To me, big is beautiful, but obviously her size is an issue with her. Now, I try and let her know all of the time that I think she's beautiful, and very, VERY sexy but I can't tell her that the part of herself that she most dislikes is one of the things that I find most beautiful about her.
Maybe this is my attempt to ask for advice(if so, I've just posted to the wrong forum). Maybe one of you wonderfull people out there can give me some idea of how I can express to my girl that I find her body perfectly appealing without confirming to her at least this whole negative body-image thing. 'Cause I'm stumped. If no ideas are forthcoming, thanks anyway for listening t my rant.
'Til you turn it down to 33 and 1/3
'Cos it helps with the elocution
Corporations turn revolutions
45"
E.C.