Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2003, 04:19 PM
Bouncy Bunny

I think its dependant on the radio staion. All of them here locally bleep the words out. And well some I *think* have made radio versions of songs (e.g: Ying Yang Twins and someone else with 'Get Low').. But as far as our Rock sation they dont hide much... I heard a song (I dont recall the name of it) had fuck in the chorus..as well as a song whos chorus' first line is "I do it for the drugs!".. So it *is* confusing as to why radio stations do/dont censor... I think it probally who can get away with it.

My Stories:One Hot July Allison's Seduction Olivia's Journey
Old 10-31-2003, 10:55 PM
Everybody Stretch!

And............AC/DC's "Big Balls" song..or whatever the hell it's called........is, by far, the biggest inuendo song ever, ever written and played on all rock stations.............without a single *bleeping* bleep! I just don't get it!

I wonder if the censors have any idea that Cindy Lauper's "She Bop" is about masturbation? Shhhhhhhhhhhh.....don't tell um! I love that song!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 11-01-2003, 01:13 AM
Wildland Fire Fighter

Lix dont tellem I like that song too.
SHHHHHHHh

Pixie's Wildland Fire Fighter
Find'em HOT and Leave'em WET!
Old 11-01-2003, 10:57 PM
Booger Lama

yes lixy but Big Balls is all about ball room dancing didn't you know that

it's not the orgasm but getting there thats fun

a shot in the bush is worth two in the hand

whip me, beat me, tie me up, break my arm, but please don't break my heart

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid people are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell
Old 11-02-2003, 04:27 PM

I agree that most radio and tv company censors haven't a clue about what they are listening to. In the seventies I was teenage punkrocker in the UK and it was strange which records were banned or censored. The Jam had loads of hits and most had some swear words,yet to my knowledge werent censored,and then along comes young Johnny Rotten and his mates with a song called God save the Queen and its banned immediately and doesn't contain any swearing,(my mum nearly died when I played at home). There was also a record in the charts then by the Vapours called Turning Japanese, which is also about masterbating, and its played everywhere.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
A radio station here just played "fever for the flava" and just took the words our of all the verses and played just the music...damn censors
Old 11-03-2003, 05:19 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally posted by Booger
yes lixy but Big Balls is all about ball room dancing didn't you know that

Oh yes! I do know that Booger babe! I love bouncing balls!

LMAO!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 11-03-2003, 12:52 PM
HornDawg Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to quisath Send a message via Yahoo to quisath
Censorship is the first of many ways to take away FREEDOM! I deplore it and if you don't like what you hear then TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody in America is made to do anything he or she doesn't want to do.

Sorry Lixy.................... I get carried away about certain things. Censorship is a Liberal Idealists idea of freedom. (so move off the Planet)
Old 11-03-2003, 01:32 PM

Gentlefolk,

Keep in mind now that most of these radio stations are not government funded, and so are free to edit their broadcasts as they deem appropriate. The constraints upon prior censorship here in the States apply to federal government activity not that of private sector entities.

While bleeping out portions of speeches and lyrics may be distasteful, and as has been observed, often irrational, and occasionally comical, it is not at all illegal. There is a long and dishonorable tradition being upheld here. The greatest example of them all may be that of Dr. Thomas Bowdler, an English physician, who published an edition of Shakespeare in 1818 in which the “nasty bits” were edited out. I’m not making this up.

Whenever you read or hear about a work being “bowdlerized”, you know that the clamheads have gotten to it.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:48 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
The radio stations have the FCC to deal with and must edit/taper their shows to meet certain criteria.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-03-2003, 02:13 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I was trying to hunt up the current guidelines but came across this article from 2001....

http://www.comeniusfoundation.org/NEWS-FCC.htm

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
A few years ago when I was giving movie reviews and political talks on the local radio, I was told by station management that besides the 4 words (Fuck, Cunt, Dammit and any "God" explative) the rest of what was offensive was about content.

The one comment I was given, is that prior to a few years ago "Ass" and "Bitch" were not acceptable terms in conversation on the radio (expect in anatomy or breeding references) but now they are common on some radio shows and the FCC no longer cares about their use.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:28 PM
I got my "eyes" on U!

Really! "who the fuck are you"???....I am schlocked....and Roger seems like such a nice boy too....Well then "suck on my big ten inch,(record)" then as Aerosmith sang to all of our envies.....
Old 11-05-2003, 07:38 PM
I got my "eyes" on U!

Radio Still sucks

Here is one little tidbit for you all to chew on. That being that most records that are recorded as "singles" will produce a sanitized version of the song to suit the moral standards of the time. However the album version will be different in content. So while Who are you played on a top40 station might have some lyrical changes made in the studio an AOR station may rely on the DJ to edit the songs as he sees fit and perhaps let's some stuff go to be cool and or get fired or what ever...Since the advent of the commercial conglomerate stations a lot of this censoring falls on the corporate HQ as less and less is left to the discursion of the DJ who is now mostly an announcer, would be comic, or droid.
Back in the 70’s when I was working in radio the rules were fairly clear cut. Avoid the 7 and don’t do anything stupid.
All of that has changed….for the worse
Old 11-06-2003, 07:37 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally posted by south
Really! "who the fuck are you"???....I am schlocked....and Roger seems like such a nice boy too....Well then "suck on my big ten inch,(record)" then as Aerosmith sang to all of our envies.....

Um.................."s[t]uck on my big ten inch.......record of the band that plays the blues.......band that plays the blues.......she just loves my big ten inch.....record of my favorite blues"

south....honey pie, sweety cakes? It wasn't my intention to start a thread of "what I THINK I heard" when I listen to a song on the radio...........but "what I KNOW I hear" when I hear songs played on the radio........and why, oh why are some "bad" words deleted, bleeped, made to be non-existent......and some not"......kinda thread!

If you listen (as intently as I do) to Aerosmith's "Big Ten Inch Record Album" song........Steven does, indeed say "STUCK". But I'm sure he did hope we'd hear "SUCK".......which we did.........and I do sing it that way anyway! LOL!

I still think my theory (spawned by your first response) was close to the reason I sought..........in that, I don't think censors KNOW the words to the songs......but only READ them as the artist's print them (and yet, don't necessarily record them as written)! It may be the reason for MORE censorship now-a-days. I don't think the newer artisits give a flying rat's ass in trying to "SNEAK" around censorship........but, they might know we (the consumer) know and understand their original intention.......and so they just write it ALL down. The artists of days gone-by wanted and needed all the air-play they could get (not having all the venues, other than concerts and albums, available to them then as they would today) and so they "cleaned up" the written version to get it past the censors.

That's my theory, and I'm stickin with it.........(least till I look up Pearl Jam's "Jeremy"...........Oh Gawd, I hate all those pop-ups on lyric sites!!!!)

~Thomas Dewar~