Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 11:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Exclamation Amnesty!

I know that many disagree with me but I have just been notified that Obama
& McCain have agreed to bring back up the Amnesty Bill!Ried has agreed to stop the E-Verify program.I tell you this because Illigal immigration is one of
my MAJOR interests,especially with all of the citizens that are out of work!
Many say that they only do work that others won't do.There isn't a job that
I ever wouldn't do.Perhaps that's why both of my houses have the mortgages
paid off! Irish
Old 11-27-2008, 11:44 AM

Amnesties have been controversial wherever they have been introduced throughout history.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Awesome on my Own

Ahh, and I used to think the same way you do, but after the heart ache, the separation, the shear amount of money and time that Mayhem and I have gone through and spent just to become a family and immigrate LEGALLY, I really understand why men women and children sneak into the US or overstay their visitor visas.

It took me time to walk in these immigrants' shoes to understand. And believe me! I have walked many thousands of miles and so has Mayhem and every member of our families!

Yes it is a heated topic, yes there is a lot more that I want to write about sweeping accusations but as this is Thanksgiving and I am thankfull that I have Mayhem as a wonderful husband, and I am grateful that we have the opportunity to apply to come home, I shall leave this post as is and just wish you and your family a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving that you have the choice to spend together.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

Obviously, I'm not American, but for my part, I welcome anyone into my country if they're willing to work for a living and want to support their own kids.

I have much more of a problem with the 'home grown' layabouts who spend my tax money on the many children they produce and then fail to bring up properly. Ironically, these are the same people who are usually the ones being racist about immigrants and teaching their kids to be bigotted, narrow minded and hypocritical.

I've also learned that I'm in the minority in this regard and that I probably always will be.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 11-27-2008, 09:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
I amazes me the number of people who blame the person trying to make a living doing what ever menial back breaking job they can find, and not the people paying slave wages to people who have no legal recourse about how they're treated.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Causer of Unrest

We are a nation of immigrants, from the beginning. Funny that this post should show up on Thanksgiving, the first "national" holiday celebrated by the some of the earliest European immigrants to these shores. I think it behooves us to remember our roots as a nation, and from that, find compassionate answers to the thorny issues of immigration today. If we do not, we choose to be blind to our history, and we abdicate our humanity.

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke
Old 11-28-2008, 09:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRedHot
We are a nation of immigrants, from the beginning. Funny that this post should show up on Thanksgiving, the first "national" holiday celebrated by the some of the earliest European immigrants to these shores. I think it behooves us to remember our roots as a nation, and from that, find compassionate answers to the thorny issues of immigration today. If we do not, we choose to be blind to our history, and we abdicate our humanity.

The reason that this was posted on Thanksgiving was that I belong to NumbersUSA & I recieved an e-mail from them on Thanksgiving.I posted this
as an informative post,because I only get on the computer,once a day.I was
getting ready to go to one of my daughters for Thanksgiving dinner & I
thought that people might be interested as ILLEGAL immigration is one of my
MAJOR interests.Not legal immigration!Sorry if you think it was an inappropriate
Thanksgiving subject! Irish
P.S. Different strokes for different folks!
Old 11-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Amnesty is a widely misunderstood legal concept. Most seem to believe it's a blanket "pardon", saying all is forgiven & you can stay. No such thing. While it removes the penalty (fines & deportation) for the crime, anyone accepting amnesty must still go thru the paperwork & pay the fees normally associated with legal immigration (as Liz experienced). I believe it's a logical alternative to the logistical nightmare of rounding 'em all up & shipping 'em back...especially since most would be back over the border before the next sunrise.

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Causer of Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish
The reason that this was posted on Thanksgiving was that I belong to NumbersUSA & I recieved an e-mail from them on Thanksgiving.I posted this
as an informative post,because I only get on the computer,once a day.I was
getting ready to go to one of my daughters for Thanksgiving dinner & I
thought that people might be interested as ILLEGAL immigration is one of my
MAJOR interests.Not legal immigration!Sorry if you think it was an inappropriate
Thanksgiving subject! Irish
P.S. Different strokes for different folks!

I didn't think it was inappropriate; I rather thought it was probably more appropriate and thought-provoking timing than you may have intended.

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke
Old 11-28-2008, 09:40 PM

LOL.

It's good to see arguing over positives for a change.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Yankee in Dixie

My position on the illegal immigration is it's not fair since quite a few are getting paid under the table, don't pay income tax of any kind, and then send their kids to public schools, get free lunches for them and what not. I have no problem what so ever with immigration, or people wanting the opportunities that are granted in this country. However, I think you should still go through the proper channels to get it done. If I had gone through LB and Mayhem went through to do it legally, I'd be upset knowing that my neighbors were here illegally and not paying into the government they're taking advantage of. As was mentioned though, different strokes for different folks.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 11-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
I'm not against immigration...but when they come floating along and try it illegally, sink their boat and make em swim home or round em up and fly em home.

Come in the front door or dont bother coming!
Old 11-29-2008, 01:51 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Never mind flying them home for free .... again... and again... and again ... If they are serious about wanting to accept the legal and stop the illegal there would be penalties. Not free air fairs. Put them in the workhouse and make them work trash pick-up, sewer cleaning, dead animal removal etc. for minimum wage until they paid off the STIFF fines for illegal entry and wait for their LEGAL processing to come through. They come in because BIG $$$ at the top wants cheap labor. No other reason.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 11-29-2008, 04:39 AM

You are such a cynic PF.

Didn't say you were wrong, just cynical.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Just me.

PF a cynic?

I kind of like OrliFanatic's idea. If our borders aren't worth protecting ... what is?