Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Yankee in Dixie

Memorial Day

I was recently informed by my Father that the true meaning of this day has been forgotten by us of the younger generation. That disturbs me. If we can't find the time to remember the meaning of today, how will find the time to honor those who are currently serving. I know quite a few don't agree with the war this country's leaders have put us in. That doesn't mean can forget why our troops have fought in the past and why they fight now. As such I have found the history of Memorial Day on wikipedia and have posted a link. If you have forgotten, want a refresher course, or just curious as to the history of today feel free to click. Just to clarify, I realize that not everyone on here is as young as I am or have forgotten. I just think it's sad that we have free access to information like this and in a lot of cases (mine as well) teachers don't tell you enough of our history or make you go digging for it.

Memorial Day
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 AM

Lord Snow,

Thank you.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:07 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Those that send us to war and those that go to war are always different people who's motivations and merits will be weighed on separate scales.

Today is when we remember the men that could not return to us.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 05-25-2009, 03:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to themi01
I would like to recognize my Dad among those too offend forgotten initial MFT Korea 1945 1946 Sorry he didn't run off early like My Uncle Jack Marine pilot at 17 in 1944 ace in 45 ... he would use the saltiest language around my then 3 year old son then say oopps sorry lol they are the greatest generation
Old 05-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Yankee in Dixie

My grandfather on my Dad's side (who is still with us and hasn't changed) was on Normandy beach in WWII. My dad could not join because he's been legally deaf since before high school, and I can't join because of asthma and flat feet. We both tried to get in though.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 05-25-2009, 07:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to themi01
HMM now that you mention it LS all that part of that branch of the family tree was in the Pacific
Old 05-25-2009, 08:36 PM

Is now a bad time to mention all that unpaid child support?