Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2003, 08:32 PM

Marijuana Usage

Hey Folks,

OK, lately I've been thinking about trying pot for the first time and I was wondering what everyones thoughts on marijuana usage was. Do you agree with it? Should it be decriminalized? And have any of you tried pot? What was your first experience like?

just curious... so, let me hear your thoughts!
Old 05-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Stiff Member

Used to use. Have not for a very long time. I don't think it is intrinsically harmful but it creates such a waste of mental and physical energy especially for young people that are still in the educational system.
It is very nice mix with sex but after about 20 years of use, I experienced some severe anxiety and paranoia with it's use. I hear that is not so uncommon in males. So.......... in light of that, the employment testing that is commonplace today, and the legal penalties, it's just not worth it.

I can't get through to her 'cause it doesn't permit
But I'm gonna give her everything I've got to give.

I hear your sweet voice calling
out my name
As I stare from a six foot cell
And from beyond I heard the words
Deceptively Yours
Old 05-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Everybody Stretch!

First experience.......I was 12y/o. Scared shitless but peer pressure was greater. I didn't get a buzz......I think my adrenaline was pumping too much.

I would NEVER recommend "drug" usage of any kind to anyone! I just happen to think that pot is a lesser drug than alcohol. I don't have a hang-over in the morning and I don't agree with anyone that says that pot is addictive. Maybe.....if any addiction is noticable.....it's a mental addiction....not a physical one. I have an addictive personality and it's never been a problem for me.

I don't smoke like I used to in my younger days (an ounce amoungst friends in pop)......but I can toke a toke every now and then and enjoy it.

If I had to choose as to legalization of any drug.......pot would come before alcohol (she says as she is sitting here drinking a beer).

The new commercials I see are hype to me. A girl is pregnant BECAUSE she smoked pot and her inhibitions were altered? Um.......no way......if anything, pot is a thinking drug........all I do is think, and think, and think.......if I am not cleaning....lol! Those commercials are unecessary scare tactics from people who have never smoked a bone. I think they are the same people who have banned cigarette smoking in all but the most out of the way places.

Just my take on it..I'm allowed to have an opinion too!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 05-08-2003, 05:49 AM
Scottish Angel

never had to nuse anyone who became violent or suffered severe withdrawals/ poisoning through hash~~~~~~~just some who through extended heavy useage were very paranoid to the extent of requiring medical support. Seen more "damage" through use of alchohol . Prefer "natural" highs! {esp from DM!!!!!}
Old 05-08-2003, 09:56 AM
Banned

I've known a few people who became very cranky without a joint but it's definitely a psychological addiction.

I smoke every once in a blue moon and it's cool . . .

Canada is probably going to decriminalize it to an extent - no criminal record for someone found with a small amount, for example.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Southern Belle

I smoked it in my teen years and nothing terrible ever befell me because of it. I quit it a whole lot easier than I quit cigarettes.
When I quit smoking a few months ago, I decided I would try pot again. I remembered why I quit in the first place
Old 05-08-2003, 02:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlueSwede Send a message via Yahoo to BlueSwede
Whenever my co-workers and I see people who are smoking, be it cigarettes or pot, we always think or say, like Death says in the Bill and Ted's Great Adventures movie (one of them), "See ya real soon." (I work on a hosp. floor for terminally ill cancer patients.) :whiteghos
Old 05-08-2003, 02:21 PM
Manwhore

While I believe it is overall less harmful than alcohol, I do not believe it is a good thing to get into. Will it hurt you to try it? Probably not. Could it affect your life negatively? Maybe. I've known people that try it, like it, and before too long do NOTHING but sit around either baked, or waiting to get baked. Is this everyone that tries pot? No, probably a small minority. Is breathing smoke into your lungs ever a good thing? Hardly.
My opinion is, there's a lot of things in life you can get a natural high from in life, why risk doing it illegaly?
As far as decriminalizing it, my main concern is I don't care to be around it... I'm not going to get drunk standing next to someone drinking a beer, if you take my meaning. I do think laws are to harsh for those with small amounts for personal use though.
*Looks down*
Damn soapbox...

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 05-08-2003, 02:30 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
*offers Aqua something to alter his state of consciousness*

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Manwhore

<-------- Hopes it's Lilith's ass...

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 05-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Let's be sure what we're talkin about here guys...... Marijuana or Cannabis! NOT the same thing at all at all!!

Marijuana is extremely rare here (UK); Cannabis, on the other hand, is available virtually anywhere. It's now "almost" legal too, inasmuch as small amounts "for personal use" will hardly merit a caution, never mind arrest!

There is a large movement to legalise it comletely..... but I'm here to tell you, guys & gals, it IS addictive (physically AND psychologically) as well as contributing to a significant percentage of people presenting to the Health Services with Psychotic illnesses. (Last stats available, from 2 years ago, suggested 12-15% of ALL psychotic disorders were linked with heavy Cannabis use.)

I'm not on a soapbox here..... I indulge in it myself now & again!!... all I'm saying is, it's NOT as safe as many people think!

Also have to agree with Lixy though; generally speaking there is less damage done by cannabis vs alcohol.... both physically & socially!! You pays your money, you takes your choice I guess!

DM
I only own my mind
Old 05-08-2003, 04:37 PM
I got my "eyes" on U!

Well I have to say that I have been a recreational smoker for about 30 years or so and I have generally most always, 99.9% of the time, enjoyed the state associated with a nice buzz...I find it a nice enhancement to sex. But then again I find it a nice enhancement to Mountain biking, snowboarding, hiking, swimming, gardening drinking...errr I think that you get the picture. The thing is to moderate and I would recommend that the first time you catch a buzz do it with friends in a private place. Be aware of how much you are taking in and start slowly (You wouldn’t bang back a pint of Stoli the first time you decided to drink now would you??) and I would not recommend drinking or taking any other drug at the time. You should also know that the stuff you are going to use is clean and not laced with any weird shit. You should also be aware that some people who are prone to paranoia should not smoke dope. Now in my advanced years I am finding that smoking pot gives me a great deal of relief from chronic back pain and arthritis...So I say Hoover it up dude!
Old 05-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Banned

That's a good point, too, south. In Canada, they allow people to smoke pot for medicinal purposes. If it helps people going through chemo to eat, more power to that herb.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:50 PM
Wanting More

Haven't tried it...elementary/middle school drug education did its job on me...

Old 05-09-2003, 12:49 AM

Well, i've heard tons of reason for and against the issue. I've decided I'm going to give it a try for myself and make my own judgement, but I am going to try it without the use of alcohol, or cigarettes. Depending on my experience, I may decide to smoke pot more often. One of my friends always tells me that smoking pot is was less harmful than drinking, and I do alot of drinking. LoL So, that makes me feel alittle easier about trying it. I suppose its one of those things you need to try and make a personal judgement on...