Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2006, 06:57 PM

So who has ever done online dating here?

Just out of curiosity and your thoughts about it.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:28 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Nope just an online one night stand or two or 4987235908745982375

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned

I went out with a couple of guys I met online but I worked for an Internet dating company for a few years so I have stories galore.

First tip: chat/email with the person for a short time but agree to meet as quickly as possible without pushing things. Strike while the iron is hot, etc.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:31 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Nope, I've never done online dating....however I did meet up with a Pixie friend of mine for some hot sex a few years ago. We were married last September.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 02-23-2006, 09:42 AM
is not this trim anymore!

I think online dating should be a mandatory part of the courting process. You learn so much more about a person because it's much easier to type things out than to say them face to face. And contrary to the popular conception, I think there's a lot more honesty.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Awesome on my Own

Nope, never have done the online dating service thing....however....like Lou, i met a fellow Pixie and fell in love, (had earth shattering sex,) and we'll be getting married as soon as the paperwork goes through.

neither of us were "looking" for love, it just *poof* happened, and i am forever grateful it did!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:42 PM
~a little bit naughty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
I think online dating should be a mandatory part of the courting process. You learn so much more about a person because it's much easier to type things out than to say them face to face. And contrary to the popular conception, I think there's a lot more honesty.

I totally agree with this. You just can't beat the communication that online forces you to have. It's a great way to get to know someone before the groping begins.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 02-24-2006, 02:22 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I agree with TT and WI.....it's great to know someone's soul, their innermost thoughts and insecurities, and share their hihgs and lows before you are committed to 'dating' them or having to make decisions on whether you are going to sleep with them.

Essentially, you get the chance to fall in love with someone without even having to committ to a kiss.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle
Essentially, you get the chance to fall in love with someone without even having to committ to a kiss.

Very well put.

Dr. Laura (radio personality that dishes out relationship advice) once said "You don't learn a lot about a person while you're having an orgasm." While it cracked me up when I first heard it...it really makes sense.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle

but do you feel that there's a higher chance of falling for a fallacy on the internet? people can cut and paste and edit themselves to the person they want to present themselves as. Do you not think that it's slightly naive not to be conscious of this possibility?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsical muse
but do you feel that there's a higher chance of falling for a fallacy on the internet? people can cut and paste and edit themselves to the person they want to present themselves as. Do you not think that it's slightly naive not to be conscious of this possibility?

Not saying it doesn't happen, but the odds of someone going through that much work to maintain a relationship with someone they've yet to touch, kiss, look into their eyes. Well, I think you'd know before too long that you were being misled. It's ok to open your heart...just be sure not to close your eyes.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:08 AM
~a little bit naughty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
It's ok to open your heart...just be sure not to close your eyes.

Exactly! At first people can be who they want and say what they want. But, if you spend considerable time with someone online their true nature comes through the screen. It also takes commitment to not lie or give false information about who you are and what you want. If you want a real relationship with a person online you better be the most honest you have ever been in your life.

That doesn't mean that mistakes aren't made and that you might do things to protect yourself or the person. But, eventually the truth comes out and you must deal with it.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 02-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

It's always a possibility to be aware of, and I am always cautious when I chat to people online.

However, the beauty of the internet (especially if you meet someone on a site like this) is the liberating fact that you can be honest about who you are. There's no need to pretend....for a lot of people the internet is freedom to be yourself for the first time ever. For this reason, most people are honest about who they are. When you've spent hours and hours talking to someone into the middle of the night when you're both tired and defences are low etc, it would be very hard to keep up a pretence of being someone else. It's also important to chat on the phone before meeting, as that gives you a clearer idea of whether someone has something to hide.

For me, I've always had a pretty accurate bullshit radar, therefore being taken in by someone was never much of an issue for me. I certainly knew I could trust Fussy before we met, and of course, I've been proved right.

Old 02-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
I've done some online dating. I think it's a great way to (potentially) begin a real life relationship. I've been completely honest about myself and tried to NOT let only my best foot show. Rejection via the internet is alot less painful than face to face.

The results of what began as online dating? A beautiful and loving life with the man I love, sleeping by his side every night in our bed in our home.

I want to also add that he was exactly as he portrayed himself to be. Actually, maybe he's a tad bit naughtier in real life, but this is good!

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~