Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
We've had many drug discussions in the past. It is not taboo. The people here are capable of discussing things without being nasty. Well mostly

lol That's good to know, Lilith... Most forums usually bash people quite a bit, but I must admit I haven't seen any bashing going on here. I mentioned earlier that I used to smoke quite a bit, but don't any longer. The reasoning for this is because there's too much at stake for me to lose now (my two boys) if I were ever convicted of a drug charge. I will admit that I'm not a fan of the police, and I refuse to be a patsy for them. If the Government were to decriminalize cannabis today, I'd definitely light up a spliff...

There's other reasons for it not being decriminalized other than it being classified as a 'drug'. Cannabis has only been illegal on a federal level since 1937. There's a ton of useful purposes for this plant, but I won't list them here. Well, I guess that's enough of my ranting...

ghost
Old 01-14-2009, 03:03 PM
MSGME!

420 !!!...ha...thats funny...I had no idea what that meant a few months ago.But my son has since enlightened me about the "Holiday"....LOL

I don't smoke,been sober 5 years now.....to each his own...party on Garth!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 04:24 PM
broken

Send a message via Yahoo to FallenAngel5
Party on, Wayne!

I've smoked a bit at college, liked it, would probably do it again given the opportunity. But I wouldn't say that it's something I have a strong urge (well once in a while) or need to do.
Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
Tie me to the bedpost
I like it rough
cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Old 01-14-2009, 06:52 PM

I don't really get urges to smoke. Thankfully it's not like heroin when you get all sick from withdrawals (don't know the heroin stuff firsthand, just from movies...). Also, I feel to make a point that although I have smoked cannabis, I've never done any other illicit drug. I never got the urge to try X or coke, or smack... I do get the urge for a cold beer every now and again, though...

ghost
Old 01-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Cold beer is legal though.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 01-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Been a long time supporter of de-criminalization, & spent many pleasant years out of the last 3 or 4 decades enjoying that "comfortably numb" state. My arguments in weed's favor is that it's impossible to O.D. (me & many others have tried to find the lethal dose...apparently it's somewhere way beyond the "nod-off" dose), non-addicting (no one I've known who really wanted to quit couldn't do it), & stoned people don't cause nearly as much trouble as drunk people do (ask any cop). My present occupation requires a clear head & clean urine, & my current medical conditions require too many prescription drugs, so I have no problem turning it down these days; but that's my point, we should all be free to choose, & the only really bad side effect of pot is going to jail. So there.

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:18 AM

The day they can tax it and breath test for inebriation, it'll be legal.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Yankee in Dixie

They can tax it. Don't know how they'd tell high someone is. Maybe number of bags of cheetos in the car?
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 01-15-2009, 02:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to themi01
Not anymore for more reasons than they make us pee in a cup at random at work
Old 01-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart

They can tax it anytime they want; the testing for one's current state of mind is the sticking point...well, that & the older generation that was raised believing Mary Jane was as bad or worse than H. Indeed, my 2nd biggest complaint about the current state of affairs is that the only accepted test for weed just tells the tester one has been IN CONTACT with it sometime in the last 60 days or so. That's right, you don't have to bogart a whole doobie, you could just have breathed the air in the room where Cheech & Chong were a few minutes ago.

OK, over.

...until next time...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:29 PM

Ah those Cheech & Chong movies! Just what the world needs today – another big hit.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
Ah those Cheech & Chong movies! Just what the world needs today – another big hit.

Don't ask me where I saw it, but I read somewhere that they are thinking of doing another Cheech & Chong movie, but this time animated
Old 01-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Yankee in Dixie

I love the first Cheech and Chong movie Up in Smoke. Wasn't that fond of Still Smokin.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:11 AM
Pretty 'n Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart

We already have random roadside drug testing.
Just don't keep me hanging I've been hanging much too long

Espen Lind ~ Baby You're So Cool
Old 01-16-2009, 04:13 AM

Quite a few of youse guys make some valid points so I'll address each one of youse individually...

Lord Snow - Precisely why I don't smoke anymore, mate...

Scotz - Yeppers... I quit smoking because of my children and the chances of them being placed in foster care if ever I was arrested. Passing a U/A is another valid reason because it can affect your livelihood, i.e., job/career. Spending time in jail with Bubba isn't my idea of fun, either. lol I can understand many people not smoking because of their jobs and random testing. It just shows you've matured to the point where you have your priorities in the correct order.

Oldfart - They don't really need to test you because they can use the old 'sobriety' test, and we all know how rigged that is, eh? You can catch a DUI for being stoned while driving. Also, I'm not sure if you realize that some states have a 'marijuana tax stamp' law in effect. Therein lies the catch 22... I'm fairly sure it was an old law not intended to be used the way it is now... IIRC, when you're busted for distribution/cultivation in those states, they tax you according to a certain weight (I think it's like $22/per ounce or something), in addition to the fines and what have you. It's really some piece of work...

pinkFlames - Yeppers, along with random traffic stops for 'broken taillights' and other ridiculous traffic offenses. 'Speed' traps aren't fun, either. lol

To all who've mentioned Cheech and Chong... I love those guys. Those guys are hilarious. And just like Jessica Simpson, Tommy Chong only played a dumb guy. He's actually a fairly intelligent guy. =) The verdict's still out on Jessica though...

It's nice to see that there's a few supporters of decriminalization/legalization here. Here's a little about me... Back in '01, I was arrested for possession of marijuana because some kid got caught underage drinking so he ratted on me to try to get his charge thrown out. Well, he told them that I had 'pounds' of herb and hundreds of 'X' tabs... Mind you, I was just a poor college kid fresh out the Army... lol Well, when they came through with their search warrant and dog, after a long hour of searching, they only found 1.8 grams of herb on me (I had just bought a bag with a friend which we split). When it was time for court, they tried to give me a distribution sentence for possession. The Judge (who was a 'Nam Vet) actually laughed at them and said, 'How can you give this guy a distribution sentence when you've arrested him for possession?' I've never been the type to shirk my responsibility, so I pleaded guilty to possession, after all, I was in possession of some herb. If it hadn't been for that Judge taking care of a fellow veteran, I could've ended up as another statistic. Too much injustice takes place in our legal system. Seems to me they need to be catching the real criminals. Oh well, I guess that's enough from me... lol /end_rant

ghost