Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea
I love you dadaist. Marry me. Such a wealth of information. Going to iTMS now. And now that you mention it, I will probably go with my towel and bathrobe. Sounds like a plan.

Wouldn't that make you a bigamist?

Did I mention I have the Movie Trade Paperback, the illustrated edition (big silver dust jacketed book), the illustrated 25th anniversary edition, the Harmony Books Hitchhiker's Quartet (when it was just 4 books), the Leather bound collector's volume (after Mostly Harmless), Mostly harmless in a standalone hardback, the UK Editions of Salmon of Doubt and the 2nd edition of Don't Panic, both Dirk Gently books, Last Chance to see, the Meaning of Liff and Deeper Meaning of Liff, the DC comics version of H2G2 and REU....
German editions of the 5 Hitchhiker's books, both Dirk Gently novels, Don't Panic and Last Chance to See.
The now long out of print Last Chance to See CD-ROMs, the UK/Region 2 release of the DVDs, all 18 (to date) radio episodes plus bonus CDs AND "Douglas Adams at the BBC." And most recently the US edition of Wish you were Here, since someone didn't return my UK edition of Nick Webb's biography of DNA, and ALL of the iTunes tracks (thank you Pepsi for the freebies!)

Obsessed? nah.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Boobalicious Member

[QUOTE=dadaist] Wouldn't that make you a bigamist? [QUOTE]

Nah. I'd divorce him first. He wont even go with me to see it. He says the whole thing is some "severe hallucinagen induced sci-fi hippy bullshit". *sighs like Marvin* I have to go by myself.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
[QUOTE=Galatea][QUOTE=dadaist] Wouldn't that make you a bigamist?
Quote:

Nah. I'd divorce him first. He wont even go with me to see it. He says the whole thing is some "severe hallucinagen induced sci-fi hippy bullshit". *sighs like Marvin* I have to go by myself.

Well, I think I have my brother, and another male friend of ours all going on the 29th. None of that's been finalized as I've been waiting to see if any of the theaters around here do a midnight showing (though I'm doubting it, this isn't an "event" like Episode III). So we'll have to figure out a time during the day or evening. Plus that's the day Tiger comes out officially, which always means a chance to get free Apple stuff at one of their stores Anyway, if I knew you were in/near Chicago, I'd invite you along - could you handle three male sci-fi geeks, or could we handle you?

I'm already suffering withdrawl, I was re-listening to all 18 radio episodes during the week, got partway through 12, then took them all out of my car to show a co-worker at the high school...and left them in their office! ARGH. She left just before I did, so going back would have done no good, I'll have to get them on Monday.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Am I really here?

After attempting to track down H2G2 toys through places like Toys R Us, Target and Wal-Mart, I have some news: The toys are being produced by NECA, who does a lot of movie collectibles. They tend to distribute through specialty gift shops and places like Sam Goody/Suncoast. Who wants to do a mall run?

http://www.necaonline.com/hhgg/ for Vogon Prop Replicas (limited to 1000 per item)
http://www.necaonline.com/hitchnews3.html
also see
http://www.martinfreeman.com/hhgg.php
Old 04-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Take me for a ride

Don't Panic!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Am I really here?

Ah, Amazon comes through again. Well amazon.co.uk in this case. There's a H2G2 themed "store" on the UK site at the moment. Yes they do exports.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...7605754-7355663
Old 04-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Am I really here?

Alright, AMC FINALLY listed the movie for ticket preorder on their website. As of this morning only Cinemark had it listed. So I've got mine, I just have to swipe my card at the kiosk and have it print the tickets out. And I've got a blue/green bathrobe - now I just need an oversized fluffy towel
(And yes, I'll probably wear street clothes underneath, not pj's)
Old 04-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Scottish Angel

Hope to see the movie with my kids on Friday-------loved the television version------can't believe it was so long ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Just me.

Just read a review that suggests we're in for a treat. That the movie is very nicely done.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:12 PM
With all due respect

Send a message via Yahoo to fredchabotnick
I'm going to be seeing one of the late shows tomorrow. I can't wait!

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”
Old 04-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Am I really here?

We've got 8 now going for the 7 pm show. GOod thing I get paid tomorrow cause I put most of the tickets on my debit card. At least 4 of us will be doing robes, and I'm trying to get everyone to take a towel.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Just me.

First Report

Just got home from the movie. Loved it. My wife and I went and thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

One note of caution, if you weren't a fan of the HGTTG, you might not love the show as much as the true fans. The graphics are maybe not quite "Star Wars" calibur (varying from not as good to being as good) and the music is not as awesome as "Pirates of the Caribbean," however, the movie does a good job of capturing the zani humor of the book and BBC programs and the characters do a good job. The Big Z is good and Marvin does a great voice job.

Me ... I can hardly wait for the DVD to come out and I'm seriously thinking of going back for second helpings of the big screen.

I think Douglas Adams would have been proud.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:58 PM

dicksbro,

Thank you sir!
Old 04-29-2005, 05:04 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
My guys are all headed out to see it.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-29-2005, 05:24 PM

I've not seen it yet, but I have the four books and the DVD...hope the movie matches with the original

Angel's Hot Weekend (part 1)