Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Cutting Edge

I've been thinking about getting a new razor and am looking for input. Electric vs. Standard; specific models and why. I currently use a Gillete Mach 3 Blue. Only difference between the blue and the original Mach 3 is mine is blue. I'm thinking about getting an electric, but since they're so expensive I decided to ask the Pixie's Populace. Ladies feel free to add input seeing as how you're the ones that generally complain about scratchy stubble on a man's cheek. Which do you think does a better job of keeping him groomed?
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 05-02-2009, 10:00 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
If you have stiff rubble and plan to smooch for days then I would suggest you stick to the standard razor. Of course I like a little scratchiness rubbing against my thighs so for me you could go electric

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Yankee in Dixie

It's more like I just have to shave every few days. Takes two or three days to get something that's worth shaving off.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 05-02-2009, 11:17 PM

I have a mirror in the shower, and shaving the bits around the beard is part of the routine.

Electric never really did a good job before I went fuzzy in the 70's, but the technology's gone ahead since then.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:43 AM
I do naked cartwheels.

I'd say for quick daily maintenance, electric is fine. But when you really want that smooth as silk feel, nothing beats a 3 (or more) bladed standard razer.

My Photos:
https://imgur.com/a/80hiRdm
Old 05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Seems that there are no advocates for the electric. Okay, since standard seems to be the preferred (depending on if you want a smooth face or slightly stubbly). what's the opinion on standard razors. Anyone have a preferred brand or style? Or should I stick with my mach 3?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
my opinion, I think you're cute all scruffy, lookin like a truck driver but you're damn sexy when you trim it all up, it shows your face better and you look Handsome and delicious rather than cute. so maybe the electric would be a compromise between the two? I love my 4 bladed razor
Old 05-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Pixies Movie Buff

for daily quick shaving I really like my braun Activator. It gets close enough when you aren't going to be in the razor burn danger zone. Mostly I use it when I travel. If, and I speak from experience, you have designs on using it to shave anywhere but your face, think again.

I use the braun when I travel for work, since I am away from the wife I only have to get a looks close shave, not a babies butt smooth shave. at home, I will use it if I have gotten scruffy before I shave with a razor. The refills for the alchohol that goes in the base to clean it are expensive, and slowly lose fluid even when not used. I recap mine and use it once a week. Makes it last a while. I have tried the 3 rotating head shavers and did not like them.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:04 AM
Just me.

I use a Remington electric day-to-day and it does a pretty good job, but when the stubble gets a bit much, I'll go to a three bladed standard razor.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
I think I mentioned last year that Gillette sent me a new Fusion (5 blade) razor, + shave gel, in honor of my 18th birthday...ok, since they the day right, & the per annum close + 35 yrs, I chose to keep it. Turns out to be quite a racket for them, 5 refills set me back @25 clams.
For you, LS, I'd suggest you stay with the Mach 3, & seeing as how your main squeeze likes you w/a little stubble between shaves, I'd go with an electric grooming system a la my Norelco...it's a good way to keep just the right scruff level, & a must-have if you plan to graduate up to facial-hairy status like us old guys do (to cover our double/triple/etc chins, of course).

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
uhm..... my preferances no longer matter, Scotz. guess he'll hafta figure out whats works for him based on what he feels like doing.