Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Manwhore

Last Kinda Funny Person Standing...

Anyone watch Last Comic Standing? I watched last nights episode and really felt that some of the finalists weren't very funny. I know humor is subjective... but jeez, I didn't think Todd Glass was very funny at all and he made the final cut. I did like Alonzo Bodden (the tall black man) and Jay London (4th from the left on the evolutionary chart) and they made the cut. I guess I just expected ten REALLY funny people and then for the funniest people to move on to the finals. Oh well... that's what I get for watching "reality" TV.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 06-17-2004, 01:42 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
my brother and i were just talking about this the other day. whenever i see these kinds of shows i don't usually bother watching. they pick some of the most unfunny people to perform and the funny ones aren't all that great either. i know what you mean about humor being subjective but i don't think that people are all that particular about it... a funny is a funny is a funny for most everyone. you're better off just renting a stand-up act or catching one on tv.

aqua-may i recommend eddie izzrard? (sp) if you haven't seen him already, he is a real pisser. (knowing your sense of humor though, you probably have his stuff on VHS)
Old 06-17-2004, 03:49 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I watched and so far I like the chick who made it through last night.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 06-17-2004, 09:22 PM

I watched the first two episodes but missed this weeks. However I got an update from a friend who said that a lot of my favorites got cut and that the one I couldn't stand stayed. Oh well, some of them are funny so I'll be watching! I need a good laugh once in a while.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:32 PM
broken

Send a message via Yahoo to FallenAngel5
OMG - I will admit, I stopped reading this thread when I saw the comment on Eddie Izzard, just so I could post. This man... is fucking hilarious. I was introduced to him by my friends at college, who have the same sick sense of humor that I do, and he is so funny. His comedy always has an intellectual slant... you gotta know something to think it's funny. Now I watch his HBO special every time it's on, and own all of his DVD's. For those new to Eddie, I recommend watching his special on HBO, or finding a way to see Dress To Kill... So good.

Now onto the original topic: I've watched all the shows so far, and there are some good ones. I really like Gary Gulman... though I am partial to tall, dark, Jewish men... and I liked Dan Ahdoot in the first show, but when he did the same set the second time around, I wasn't impressed. I did also like some of the same guys as you, Aqua, and I didn't like what I saw of Todd Glass in the pre-show stuff, but his set was pretty funny. I didn't like most of the women though, I don't know. Maybe they were just trying too hard. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.
Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
Tie me to the bedpost
I like it rough
cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Old 06-18-2004, 05:15 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I've been watching...but am not so up on the names yet. TY for the thread though Aqua! I can keep up this way. I always get distracted when I try to watch TV. Poor women...a man can work from sun to sun...yada, yada, yada! LOL!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 06-18-2004, 06:59 AM
Count Spankula

I watched all of last year. After Dat Phan won, I said I wouldn't watch again if they did it. I lied. I'm just addicted to stand up comedy!

I agree that a few of my favorites didn't make it; however, I will say this. 1. Stand up comedy plays MUCH differently live than on TV. 2. I've seen a few of these comedians on TV and they are much funnier than they appeared. Case in point is Todd Glass. I wasn't impressed with his set, but I have almost sprayed vodka tonics out my nose seeing him.

My biggest disappointment was that Norton couldn't perform in the semi-finals because of other contractual requirements. This man is straight out funny (if you like pissed off New York comedy). He was a side kick on a radio show based out of New York and has guest appearances on a few Comedy Central shows. He could have won this thing easily.