Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Should the US Amend it's constitution to "Defend" marriage?
No 33 61.11%
Yes 7 12.96%
I am not sure what to think 5 9.26%
Let the courts decide the matter 1 1.85%
Let the people decide in a general election 5 9.26%
Let each state decide 3 5.56%
other 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2004, 07:42 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
There was a time in this country that it was believed that people of different races or religions should not be permitted to marry. But we evolved.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-28-2004, 10:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Question

I will not give my personal views here,but I will say that if you don't like the laws,CHANGE THEM.I'm not one that believes in every law.As you probably know,I'm the one that always says that nothing is illegal unless you get caught doing it.If a law,is fair
or not,is not the main question.It is the law & therefore gives you a record if you break it.Changing the law,isn't instantaneous(sp?),
but it can be done.It should be considered! Irish
P.S.Also,my $.02.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
>claps for Ginger<
Old 02-29-2004, 05:46 PM
dragon mane

Send a message via ICQ to axe31
slipery slope if the law is to resrict my freedoms to say that
my rights dont count is dangerous what next out law interatial
relationships or maybe only allow gays to live in areas you
want only sit at the back on the bus only have certain type of jobs or even beter make us wear a brand so you know who we are hell just stick us in a camp so you wont have to deal with us at all . freedom has to include every one or is is not freedom
Old 02-29-2004, 06:05 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Quote:
Originally posted by axe31
... freedom has to include every one or it is not freedom

truer words have not been spoken here

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-29-2004, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Belial
Oh, and for that guy who used the phrase "liberal media" - can you name for me any major media corporations run by liberals? Because, off the top of my head, I can't think of any, and believe me, I tried.
Gee Lets see How about ABC , NBC and CBS , Do you ever hear of Gov't Abuse on any of these News Programs , Like The I.R.S. Kicking in the Door of a 70 yr old man in B'Ham Al ,At 0300 All dressed up in their SWAT gear and Giving him a Major Heart Attack , Why did they do this welll it seems He had not Payed his Taxes cuz He had rather buy his Heart meds....Lot of good it did him Huh . Or the fact that the BATF kicked open the Door Of a Man Named Ironicly "Justice" Because Someone had said that He had automatic weapons in his house , BTW they found none and Oh yes He was at work and they The Gov't Thugs left the door open with all his weapons laying out and their were kids playing in the street and the yards , now tell me whom would have been responsable if those kids had gotten some of the weapons and killed some one ? You know I find it all to funny that Liberals and People from other Countrys Like to tell us How we are suppose to live , Yet don't have the "SACK" to do anything about the problems... Hey but wait G.W. hasn't bombed any asprin Factories to get the press off his Whoreing , And Lets see What About the Liberal "GOD" Clinton not signing a ban on partial birth Abortions....BTW to get back on the Subject of this Thread.... If it is against the Religious teachings Why should a Preist , Minister or the like Be forced to Break the Religious Doctron to Marry Gays ? All you Liberals need to read the Constition ya Know Religious Freedom..The Gov't can't force their Anti Religious views on ya .

Don't Judge Me By Your Ignoance

I had Rather Be Hated for What I am Than Loved For What I am Not .
Old 02-29-2004, 10:16 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

It has never been suggested anywhere, that I have heard, for the government to force religious institutions to recognize any unions regardless of gender. Countless people are married without the benefit of clergy everyday. This is not about religious freedom it's about the rights of Americans to have their families and partnerships recognized.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 02-29-2004, 10:37 PM

AQUA

Do You Really Believe the Media Only report what the People want to Hear ? Now I would Love to "Hear" the truth about WACO , Ruby Ridge , The Bombing In Oklahoma . But They "Media" don't tell what really happened Like the Fact that if the Gov't wanted to Get Korech without trouble why didn't they just wait till he went to breakfast in town just like he did nearly every morning ? Why was the Press there at the Compound when the Gov't went in ? Hummm Did the Gov't want America see what it was doing to it's citizens? or did they want to see if they could justify the Armed invasion of it citizens Homes...BTW where were all the Liberals and ACLU types When The Branch Dividians Cival rights were being Violated "Freedom of Religion" Oh and where were all these Fully Automatic weapons They were suppose to Have ? Where were all the Liberals when Randy Weaver 's Wife was Murdered By and F.B.I. Assisan and His son shot in the back..At Ruby Ridge? I could go on but then I would be Labeled as a Gun Nut or some assine shit like that .

The America People are Sheep !! Bahh Bahh Bahh

Old 02-29-2004, 10:42 PM

Lillith

I have a Friend who Lives In Vermont He Is a priest , afew Years ago when Vt. made Gay marrage Legal I asked Him if He would Marry Gays He told me that under the Law he would have too but would not , even if it meant Him going to Jail , It is against his Church Teachings ,and He was taught that Homosexuality was and abomation in the eyes of God . So yes It is a Religious matter of Gov't telling a Religion what to do .

Old 02-29-2004, 10:48 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Priests and other clergy can refuse to marry anyone and do so. It is not legislated now and in my opinion, never will be. If a denomination decides to have their clergy marry gays as the United Methodists have battled doing, then a clergy of that group would have a problem, not with a government but with his/her own church.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 02-29-2004, 10:52 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I respect everyone's rights to feel exactly how they do about this issue but I can not be silent when people I care about are told that their feelings, families, and relationships are of no/ or lesser value.

It's not something we are going to come to agreement on anytime soon, not here at our beloved Pixies or in America. I respect everyone who has spoken up and responded to this thread so respectfully, regardless of the stance you have taken. Thanks!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 02-29-2004, 10:55 PM

Just So Ya'll Know

I really don't care what someone does in the Bed Room , I just don't want it forced on me or mine that some practices are OK . I am not the one who has to answer for what "Others" do but I am the One Responsable for the Moral teaching of My Children as to what is right and wrong , I have Gay friends while I do not condone what they do I do not Judge them , I do not allow them to Bring it to my home . Nor do I allow my other friends who drink to excess or do drugs to bring it into my home either . IMHO I think most of America feels the same way , and I think this is what all this is really about .

Old 03-01-2004, 05:27 PM
I got my "eyes" on U!

This country would be way better off, if we as a nation judged and discriminated people on the basis of who they hated, rather than who they love..
I still don't see the reason for not extending these rights to every citizen of the United States. I know that there are qualifications and restrictions for every right we have. This issue is no different. But why change the law to deny these rights rather than to allow these rights?
Still with all of this collective discussion no one in this thread has yet to really answer that question "does marriage need to be defended?"
If it does need to be protected against what and why?
What will happen to marriage if we let homosexuals have the right?
Will it diminish your life in any way?
Will there be a great harm brought to society?

I understand discriminating against things for the greater good… for instance I really don’t think blind people should be given the right to drive. But why not let people who love each other declare that bond?
Old 03-01-2004, 05:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Talking

Does that mean that people,who are BLINDLY in love,can't drive?
Irish
Old 03-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Wet Member

Please send me my beer, too, GingerV