Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2002, 11:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to gr8m8
i used to bitch and moan when my mom insisted that i 'be a gentelman' ... now i'm forever grateful to her as it has more than impressed a number of ladies. i think all women should be treated like queens, with respect and dignity. that's chivarly, too. it gives me a level of sophistication as well ... knowing what fork to use when, holding a door, carrying a drink, offering her the umbrella, standing when she arrives/departs the table ... all these things make me her important, as they should.

Also, it makes me feel a whole lot better about myself and the world around me. Living in the city, i do things (doors, etc.) in spite of people, since many are rude and just don't care, not just on dates nor solely to impress. kill 'em with kindness.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:11 PM
raivenn357

lotta good post here =) I try to be a gentleman and be romantic. Theres one woman that took me by storm from the start.. even though we are just good friends, I try to make her feel good all the time because thats what makes me happy =)

My question is this: Can women ever get enough comments about how they look and how the act? and how they make men feel, not just sexually but emotionally as well? I dont wanna over do it with nice stuff, even though thats what im thinking the whole time ya know? /sigh wish you women came with instruction manuals lol Would prolly be written in a language not none to man =p
Old 05-21-2002, 01:22 PM
raivenn357

Thought of something else...Some guy opened the door for me today because he saw that my foot was broke and in a cast. Ive seen women do the same and it's a very nice thing to see when people have respect for one another. I hold doors for people even though I know they wouldnt do it for me..but it makes me feel good and thats what ultimatly counts imo. And dont ever do it to be noticed...do it because you want to because it gives you that warm fuzzy for doing something nice..thats what makes a gentleman (or gentlewoman =p)

As far as treating women like queens, I totally agree. With an exception of course...if I see that it does nothing for her and she still shits on me then she dont deserve to be treated nicely. I still follow lifes little rule of treat others and you would like to be treated. If they treat me ok, then Ill do anything in my power to treat them like royalty. But atm, theres only one queen that I go out of my way to make them happy.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Master's pet tigress

Send a message via AIM to PlayfulTigress Send a message via Yahoo to PlayfulTigress
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldfart
Tigress, WB. Long time no see.

Thank you.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
raivenn357---If they have them;hopefully; they will be in Braille!(sp?) Irish
Old 05-21-2002, 07:16 PM
Banned

My current bf is a complete gentleman . . . sometimes he's a bit too old-fashioned for me—calling the women who work for him "my gals", for example <shudder>—but I can't complain about the breakfast in bed, either!
Old 05-21-2002, 07:57 PM
Sensual Member

I am a very independent woman. I work with men, always have. I think it depends on the circumstance and surroundings whether you should hold doors, open doors and how you should shake hands.
When I am going out, or in a formal setting, it is a treat to be pampered, and treated like that..... when you are in a work environment, it becomes a put down. Whoever gets to the door first at work should hold the door open. Women shouldn't be treated differently. Men should also give a woman a firm handshake in a work environment. None of the formal ladies handshake sh**.

To be honest... when on a date, or in the right setting, I wish more men were galant, and more often. Twisted tends to forget to be a gentleman, though his heart is in the right place.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:43 PM
Gone with the Wind

I love to be treated as a lady!
But sometimes I am still shocked when a stranger, or even my date, opens a door, or helps me with my coat. One recent date was so gallant as to actually stand up when I excused myself from the dinner table, and stood up again when I came back.
That had a BIG impression on me.
I think that a woman who desires it should be treated as a lady, by a gentleman.
The lawsuits that were mentioned above are so disturbing to me. I have been to some of these "training sessions" and some of them are just scary.
I don't date people from work, (they DO NOT need to know about my life away from work) but after a few of these lectures, I think it might soon be forbidden to socialize in any way with anyone from work!! ever!! anywhere!!
Men who treat me with normal respect, have good manners, AND are clean, will be apreciated *wink* more than some guy who smells like stale cigarette, has dirty nails, talks with food in his mouth, rarely bathes carefully "below the belt", and "drops me off out front"!

WW

---Margaret Cho