Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2002, 09:08 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Souls~ I could help you some, but I think SFC is the girl in the know! I had fun the day I spent toying around with it! I tried to use several drawings or sketches but did not have a lot of luck....too much distortion. Oh~just noticed that you changed your member status.... good choice!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Oral Freak

Hi, Souls ---

So far as I can tell, the maximum size for a custom avatar here is 50x50 pixels, regardless of whether it's a JPEG or a GIF. The two file formats handle colour and edges slightly differently --- GIFs tend to be sharper but grainier, while JPEGs tend to be smoother, in my experience. (This isn't always true, and in larger files it doesn't make much difference, but when you're dealing with tiny images, colour transitions and lines become quite important in making something recognizable.)

My suggestion would be to crop the original down as close as possible to the core image that you want to use (i.e., just a face rather than a whole body) and paint out any unneccesary details in the background so the picture is 'clean'. From there, save a copy (so you retain an original) and scale it down so the maximum dimensions are 50 pixels in any direction.

If you want help with any of the cropping, painting out, resizing, etc., or if you have a great image but it needs to be simplified to be clear, PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address --- then you can send the file as an attachment and I'll fiddle away with it (you know I love that stuff)...

Good luck!

--- sweetstuff

p.s. Maybe Kim can clarify what the rules are for av size...?
Old 03-29-2002, 02:56 PM
Pixies Prodigal Bard

Send a message via Yahoo to Murphy
I would like to know how to decrease Size without loosing detail.
(of avatars i mean). Also are animated avatars allowed. Got one that meets the megs, but is bigger than 50x50...

The best thing about taking a vacation, is all the heartfelt huggs received upon your return. - Murphy

"The more you love, the more you CAN love. There's no limit to how much you can love - or how many" Lazarus Long in "Time Enough for Love" - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 03-29-2002, 03:10 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Murphy~50X50 is the max for a custom av here and I have seen animated ones here as well........I could not figure out how to retain an image's crispness either so I just kept hunting til I found one I could deal with. Good luck!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas