Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 04:57 PM

Good luck with the eye op, Tom.

Robust discussion is good so long as it doesn't devolve into an "odd couple" parody.

It just goes to show how diverse a crew we are.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:26 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I think (dangerous I know) that his "name calling" was in reference to a well known picture circulating the web.

http://www.democraticunderground.co...ess=105x6940820

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-24-2009, 05:34 PM

Lilith,

In what way?
Old 09-24-2009, 05:46 PM

Enough!

I have only one other thing to say if you want a good preview of what is to come look at a program in Tennessee called Tenncare.

It was installed by executive order by our governor and we have paid and paid for it ever since. No vote by the people, no vote by the legislature, just the governor forcing it upon us.

The saddest part is that the ones who really need it can't get it, but we have health care for inmates even in other states under this program.

They have tried and tried to fix this program and they can't seem to get it done and now you want me to trust the Feds to do it, I don't think so!

I think it is time for me to crawl back in to my hole and shut up!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:57 PM

sad_sam,

Please remain active. Yes, if you dare to speak what you believe to be true, you will be challenged by those who do not agree with you, sometimes harshly and unfairly. Try to keep in mind that the debate is better for your input than it would have been without it. Even those who do not share your opinions are made better for learning of them, as they must think a bit harder to respond to other reasonable points of view. Even you benefit, as you will be challenged to think carefully about what you believe to be correct.

Pixies is better off when more voices are heard, not fewer, no matter what some may say.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:23 PM

What he ^^^^ said.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Just me.

I'm sorry to disagree, Lil, but IMHO I really don't think so. I think the name calling was and is mean spirited and should not happen. If it were not, there would be an indication that it was not a serious reference.

Fact of the matter is that I've noticed that whether it's comments in reference to our previous President or in regards to policy differences, there seem to be some that believe if you can't reason things calmly ... just call people names and accuse them of being insensitive. That is not called for in my estimation. It might surprise people that there are those that feel as angry and disappointed in our current leadership as others were with our previous one. That's to be expected in a country that divided almost in two by their political persuarsion.

It seems at a site that should be focused on fun and playful interaction, that any discussion of politics should be done gently. I hope that happens.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:22 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
I'm sorry to disagree, Lil, but IMHO I really don't think so. I think the name calling was and is mean spirited and should not happen. If it were not, there would be an indication that it was not a serious reference.

The original post was mean spirited and insulting to many here, as is the case so much of the time with the political crap that Irish posts and then sloughs off his responsibility by telling us it came from some other source. SSDD x 8 years

If you dish it out you should be man enough to take it.

If you can only express your opinion by brow beating and linking to sources other than your own views, that speaks volumes about your own value of the worth of your opinion. If you can only express your opinion by demeaning others or name calling, it again speaks volumes about your own value of the worth of your opinion.

Pixies is down to very few active posters and some of the ones who are left are the same ones who bitch and complain every time they choose to participate in a thread like this. I can't imagine why no one wants to chat here.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-24-2009, 10:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish
I would suggest that most people do what my wife does-make sure what your insurance is going to pay & get the name of the person,with the co.,that tells you this!
:

You do realize that this is about as affective as wishing on a star right? Just as a personal anecdote my wife has short term disability through her work. When we were finally able to get pregnant with our daughter she called the insurance company to insure that the time she would be bed ridden (and we knew without a doubt after losing two children she would be bed ridden) she would receive her short term benefits, which she was assured she would with no problem what so ever. She works customer service so she is anal about recording times, dates, names, and important conversation points in a a note book. She was put on bed rest the week before Thanksgiving. She started calling the insurance company that week. She was put into the hospital two days before New Years, and we still didn't have a check. After being in the hospital for two weeks we finally sicced my mother on the insurance company. My mother being and HR director was finally able to get them to start cutting checks. If it hadn't been for the actions of my mother we probably never would have seen a check because my wife was in no situation to deal with the stress of calling the insurance company day after day trying to get what was rightfully hers, and I had to work.

That's what the insurance companies want. They want to make it so hard to make your claim you give up. Many people do, or lack the resources to claim what they have rightfully paid for. That is the problem with the American health care system. So if you honestly think your recording names and dates of a conversation you had with some nameless drone in Omaha is going to do you any good making your claim I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

I hope you don't have any problems, but seriously I can't say it enough of the insurance company wants to deny your claim they will. And they will keep denying it until you've jumped through every last hoop they toss in front of you and make you dance like a little monkey, or you give up in frustration.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
All i will add to this is thank gawd i dont have your insurance company Jude, mine has been excellent and not denied any of my claims
Old 09-25-2009, 02:15 AM
Just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Pixies is down to very few active posters ... I can't imagine why no one wants to chat here.

Good reason to ban most political threads. Maybe we could reclaim our site and find people returning. There are too many political sites where opinions can be expressed. We don't need them here.

Given the go-ahead, I'd certainly close or delete judgmental political threads regardless of point of view. The real trigger could be the first negative post.

Last edited by dicksbro : 09-25-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:36 AM

I think more people will post if the personal attacks can be suppressed without at the same time giving the political extremists control over the threads.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:45 AM

I think we need to get back to sex and interpersonal tawdry chit-chat.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
I think we need to get back to sex and interpersonal tawdry chit-chat.

Some people have all the good ideas.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangtasia
All i will add to this is thank gawd i dont have your insurance company Jude, mine has been excellent and not denied any of my claims

It was hers not mine, we've always had separate coverage since it's cheaper that way through out employers.

Her's at the time was AIG I think. I'd have to double check with her though.