Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2004, 01:41 AM
Multi-Sexual

Screw the doctors

I've been in pain for a week now. Bad back, shoulder, and neck pain, with no apparant cause. Tonight, it got really bad (I spent almost all day lying in bed), so I finally hauled my ass out the door to the ER.

Now, I know for a fact that it's not a strained muscle. I haven't done ANYTHING that would cause one, but on top of that, I know that it's my neck causing it.

So, anyway, I go in, the doctor comes in, pokes 3 places on my back, nods, and walks out. About 30 minutes later, a nurse comes in, says it's a muscle strain, and sends me on my way with muscle relaxers, tylenol3, and a shot in the butt of an unknown substance.

-grumbles- What is the point in working in a hospital as a doctor, if all you are going to do is poke the person, ask no questions, and walk out? The ER wasn't busy, there were only 2 other paitents.

-grumbles-

Ok, end rant. The muscle relaxer is kicking in.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:34 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Glad to know it's not just British Doctors who are like that.

You never know though - perhaps you slept in a funny way and have strained your muscle that way. Doctors are often right, it's just that their methods don't inspire you with confidence.

Feel better soon sweetie-pie.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 03-24-2004, 04:01 AM

Oh jeeze, it's another one. I'm so sorry, Gilly. ER docs can be the best or the worst....some of them seem to think they have a right to be rude, especially if you come in with anything less than a near fatal injury.

The thing is, if you're having unexplained pain....you have a right to be there. Too many people die because they don't take their own pain seriously...my best friend in England just damn near had a ruptured appendix because she didn't think it was worth a trip to the ER.

He may well be right, though....it could just be muscles. If it comes back, spreads or gets worse though.....either make an appointment with your GP, or go right back to the twit in the ER. And this time, jump up and down and scream (well....whatever your poor neck will let you do) until he talks to you...and until you are satisfied with his answers! You have the right to a certain level of care, and reassuring you is as important as treating you.

Hope you're feeling better!

G
Old 03-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Gilly,
is it possible that screwing the doctors was what caused the muscle strain in the first place?
Old 03-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Wanting More

Gilly~

You might want to try a chiropractor...perhaps you are all out of whack. I was having severe back pains and I've found it to be a big help.

Just a suggestion, my dear.
Hope you are feeling better soon!

Old 03-25-2004, 01:15 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
oh dear sorry to hear that Hun but i have to tell you Grumbles have nothing to do with it LOL

Take care
Old 03-25-2004, 03:00 AM
Multi-Sexual

-grins- Thanks for the well wishes.

geckko, if he had been but young and cute...

Blonde- no chiropractor until I convince a doctor to do an MRI on my neck and head region. I strongly suspect I have hte same thing my mother had (or still has, don't know if the surgery removes it, or just helps prevent further complications), which is a malformation of the skull bone right where it meets your spine. From what I've read up on it, going to a chiropractor without knowing about it before hand can cause more damage, and more pain.

Blah, I really just need to get off me lazy arse, and find a doctor up here that I like.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Count Spankula

When I was 22, I picked my 6 month old nephew up off the floor... and I threw my back out. It was just like in the movies. I was bent over and couldn't move... at ALL! I was in pain all day. Could barely move. The following day I went to a massage therapist. After massaging my back she told me that I had dislocated a rib and would be in pain until it popped back in place. Thanks to a friend of mine, it popped back in the next day... However, my back was never the same.

Over a 3 year period, I went to several different doctors. I would also spend 1 day a month laying on my back on the floor. It's the only way I could relieve the pain. The only thing the doctors did was give me muscle relaxers (that completely wiped me out). I finally broke down and saw a chiropractor....

I've been good ever since. My back will never be the same. I had a vertebrae that was slightly out of line. My pain was 2 vertebrae rubbing against each other with no padding in between. The bones will always try to slip back to the wrong position.

There are some chiros out there that are quacks. However, there are 2 that I've gone to that are wonderful. Now, I don't have to go to get adjusted anymore. I can pop my back and do the same thing. I'm not saying that chiropractics are for everyone, but I don't know if I would have found relief going to an MD.

By the way Gilly, if you need a non-medical person to poke you in the butt, please let me know.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:26 PM
Multi-Sexual

Quote:
Originally posted by skyler_m

By the way Gilly, if you need a non-medical person to poke you in the butt, please let me know.

You are all heart, baby :heart:
Old 03-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Count Spankula

just offering my services... at no charge, of course.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Multi-Sexual

Why, of course!
Old 03-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Count Spankula

Do I get to choose what I poke you with?

By the way, how are you feeling today???
Old 03-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Multi-Sexual

We'll negotiate on what you use for your insturment.

I felt fairly good yesterday, didn't hurt much. Dunno what I did, but it hurts again today
Old 03-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Everybody Stretch!

((((((Gilly)))))))

I wish you well and hope for a definite diagnosis for you soon!

*sending pain free well wishes*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 03-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Multi-Sexual

{{{{Lixy}}}}

Many thanks!