Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Loungin' Around

Ladies Only - Tampons

OK...this is a question for the ladies. I and I expect ONLY ladies can answer this question. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a topic like this, so I think I came up with a truly new Pixie question!

I've been having the damnedest time with tampons recently. They won't stay in! Just about 1/3 of it comes out, which is both gross and uncomfortable.

I think I'm pushing it out with my kegels or something.....I've never had kids, and I'm not "loose" at all. Well, at least not in that way.

So, now the question. Do some brands work better than others? Any techniques that help?

I'm wondering if by getting the cheap ones I'm going my vajayjay a disservice. Is this a personal issue? Anyone else had the problem?

I refuse to wear pads, so I would really appreciate any advice you can give!

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 01-28-2007, 05:41 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
vajayjay~ lol Bailey

I had really no luck with tampons. I could rarely get them in so them coming back out was not the problem. For me, I did buy the ones with better applicators. They may have been store brand but damn it I bought the best store brand ones they had

Does size matter or does this happen with all sizes?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-28-2007, 05:46 PM
broken

Send a message via Yahoo to FallenAngel5
I've found that this happens with tampons with applicators. If I get rid of the applicator or buy o.b. without applicators and put it in myself, it stays better.
Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
Tie me to the bedpost
I like it rough
cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Old 01-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Missing the Angels

The brand I had used for years started doing that so I'm assuming it's not the tampon but my body changing. Only thing I can think of.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Loungin' Around

~sigh~

SDLS, I was afraid someone would say that. I hope it isn't my body changing...but it hsa been, a lot this past year. My skin is different, and it appears the configuration of my vajayjay is too.

(((((Lil)))))

Fallen Angel - I'm hoping it's the brand and I am going to investigate. I really hate wearing pads.

Thanks to all. Glad I am not crazy!

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 01-29-2007, 08:59 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
vajayjay!

i gotta ask...are you hitting your cervix when you insert? and do you do it standing or sitting?

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 01-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I use Tampax® brand tampons with the coated/cardboard applicator (for eco reasons) as opposed to the new plastic "Pearl" applicator.

I started having this very problem till I began changing tampon sizes at different stages of my period. When it begins it's light and so I use Junior or Regular. At the peak of flow I use Super. As it slows I revert back to Regular and then Junior for the last day or two. I think my vaginal wall changes as the period becomes heavier and the contractions from the cramps push the flow along.

I've discovered that there is a trick to insertion too, at least for me. (<---took me HOW MANY years????...lol!)

What I found out was happening (when the tampon would eventually ease out of me) is that if I didn't get the applicator inserted deep enough before releasing the tampon it may be a bit dry inside and the even drier tip of the tampon sorta stuck to the vaginal walls and bent as the last part of it was being pushed in. Because it was never fully/deeply inserted, the end with the string would eventually straighten out and not having the umph to push up and in against gravity and kegals...it came down and out.

Read that ^^^ again...I swear it makes sense!

The solution? I lick (YES...I said lick!) the tip of the tampon/applicator and then insert it as deep as it can go (while still holding on to it) WITHOUT moving the tampon at this point. In other words, I don't insert just the tip of the applicator and push the tampon in. Instead, I insert the entire thick part of the applicator as far in as I want the tampon to be and then I begin to push the plunger and release the tampon as I back out with only the applicator in hand. I am holding the thick part of the applicator between my thumb and middle finger and pushing the plunger with my index finger, making sure my index finger isn't touching the string and pulling it back out.

The reason I lick the tampon/applicator? Sometimes I can feel that the tampon isn't inserted correctly and I have to remove it immediately. I don't want it to come out dry! It can adhere to the delicate skin inside and damage it and may cause an infection if I have to continue using tampons for any period of time afterwards. I don't make it sopping wet so that the tampon begins to swell before I insert it. I just make sure the fibers on the tip are moist and the entrance end of the applicator is slippery. Of course, DON'T lick if you've just eaten spicy stuff, or chocolate, or something raw...etc.! (<---DISCLAIMER) LOL!

Imagine inserting a tampon with an applicator into a bottle. If you only insert the tip of the applicator and push the tampon, it will stay in the neck of the bottle. But, if you insert the applicator in as far as it will go and hold it as you THEN begin to push the plunger...the tampon will go deeper into the bottle. I know we aren't shaped like bottles but I couldn't think of a better example!

Hope this helps! Everyone is different and we change constantly...so I find ways to makes the changes easier.

~Thomas Dewar~

Last edited by LixyChick : 01-29-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:46 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg solution.jpg (84.4 KB, 281 views)
Old 01-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Huggable!

I have found o.b. without applicator is the only one that stays in with out fail. I think it's easier to get them in deeper without the applicator.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Loungin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
vajayjay!

i gotta ask...are you hitting your cervix when you insert? and do you do it standing or sitting?

Occasionally I hit the cervix. Usually not. And I put them in while standing in the bathroom, one foot on the toilet.

Lixy, I like your idea (although I'm not sure about the licking part, it makes sense). I'll try it next month and see what happens!

Switching tampon "strengths"....hmmm.....if Lixy's technique doesn't work I'll try it. I never get very heavy flow, so I typically stay with "regular" and I really don't want to buy more than one type if I can avoid it.

Maybe I'll make my one type the OB kind.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:39 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
i find that if i don't reach the cervix, it doesn't stay in. besides the size/flow changes, try inserting sitting on the pot, or laying back with your knees bent (when possible) to help you tilt your hips just right.

i like the ones without applicators, too. easier to use

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 01-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Melted

I've never had trouble with tampons not staying in, but I've had them leak on me once or twice. I found that it was always the cheaper brands that would leak, but I don't know if it's just a coincidence or not (I usually buy whatever is cheaper : the store brands if none of the big brands are on sale but I usually try and stock up when the Tampax are on sale). I've never used the ones without applicators, but I use the same technique as Lixy, not actually licking it but inserting the applicator as deep as possible before pushing in the tampon. I usually do this while I'm sitting on the toilet.

I also usually only use the regular ones, since my flow stays pretty much the same for the time I use the tampons (the first 4 days or so of my period).

Si à travers nos veines coule encore le sang...
Si dans les jeux d'enfants on entend encore l'accent...
Si nous sentons encore l'espoir de nos grands-parents...
Si dans les voiles du large souffle encore le vent...
Y'a jamais eu de Grand Dérangement.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:52 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I guess I forgot to mention why I use an applicator...and it might be best left unsaid...but you know me.................

I bleed like a stuck pig! The first day isn't bad but by day two I feel woozie (shit! how do you spell a word for lightheaded starting with a "w"?)

/me waiting for WI to spell it "wightheaded".

Um...anyway, I also clot so bad you'd think I was having a spontaneous abortion every month! So I DON'T wriggle my finger inside at any time during my cycle!

Hope that explains the need for an applicator and the reason I change tampon sizes.

Did I mention I also use the max size pad along with the max size tampon during days 2, 3 and 4? Oh man...I am a mess of a woman!

P.S. I don't use a no-name brand tampon because, like ®Loreal, it's Tampax for me because I'm worth it...damitalltohell! But seriously, it's one cost I feel is true when it's said you get what you pay for. I need the best for the amount I shed!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 01-30-2007, 07:37 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Lixy I only learned to use tampons when I had similar problems. I bought the better tampons once things got so bad. Eventually the tumor made even tampons with pads impossible. Luckily now I don't have anything to worry about. Because I kept my cervix I have a small barely noticeable period.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

I can't bear applicator tampons - don't get on with them at all, so if you haven't tried non-applicator ones, I'd definitely suggest it. Just make sure you wash your hands even more thoroughly than usual, for obvious reasons!

The only time I have a problem with them falling out is if my flow is heavier than usual, (in which case, the answer is to change it more often) or if it is not inserted up far enough that the entrance to my "vajayjay" can close around it. Of course now I've had 'Little Moo' as we currently call him, it could all be very different. I hope not - I'm determined not to have to use pads when the need arises.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !