Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

Exclamation I urge you....

The last week has been hard on many of us here at Pixies with the obvious (and painful) absence of our much loved friend Skipthisone. I am certain that I am not the only one who has done a lot of soul searching. This loss has hit many hard.

During this past week I have fought many emotions... regrets..... and guilt over the things I wish I had said/done/expressed to my friend. I will continue to grieve for some time to come... but I am comforted in many ways by the countless ways in which Skip touched my life.

This thread isn't my attempt at expressing my grief.. or opening the wound for those of you who are dealing... day by day... as I am. Instead.. it is my attempt at bringing an important subject up... one that I wish now had been brought up long ago.

Thru this experience I have come to one very important realization.... Life is short.. can be brought to an end without warning, suddenly, and without any opportunity to say goodbye. This is a cold hard fact in life... one that I was aware of in my daily life.. but never entered into my thought process here. Stupidly.. I figured that Skip would be here the next time I turned on my pc.. and the next.. and so on. I was wrong.

Along with this realization came the knowledge that Skip is only ONE of many friends that I hold dear that I have meet here. I know that it would effect me terribly if anything happened to anyone of them without me being aware of it... We are a very bonded community.. even those that you may not contact on a regular basis may feel very close to you thru your posts..

After conversing with several.. I have decided to bring up a suggestion... so that if something were to happen to you... that somehow... someway... WE here at Pixies would know. If it hadn't been for Lexi, chances are we may never have known about Skip... and that thought saddens me greatly. (Thank you Lexi).

Please consider trusting ONE person in your life with the contact information necessary so that they can reach one of us.. before it is too late. I don't believe doing so will result in "outting" any sort of secret life. You don't have to provide them with the website... provide them with a name (if you hide this place from your family, choose someone you are close to online of the same gender)... provide them with a phone number.. and email address... anything that may ensure that those of us who care will know..

IF anyone would like.. they can contact me.. I will give you my phone number... my address... my email address... whatever...

I know that we don't "plan" on dying... but we never know...

Please.. think about it..

Thanks..
Old 07-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Banned

Very good idea. Alas, PF is in constant contact with me to make sure the dog is cared for . . . if anything happens to me, he'll be up for the dog in two shakes of a tail. On a serious note, my ex and I are still in contact and he's well aware of my connection to the site should anything happen.

{{{{jenna}}}}}
Old 07-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
This is an excellent point to bring up, jenna. I hope that most, if not all of us follow thru on your suggestion. Even if it's not a death, but merely some kind of life event that would keep us offline, our friends need to be notified.

I have your number programmed into my cell phone and would hope that if anything were to happen to me that everyone whose number is in there would be called and notified. In fact have a few Pixies numbers, so I've got plenty of "back up."
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 07-11-2004, 08:56 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Scotz and I had this discussion once a long time ago. Mr. Lil is a member and needless to say knows how important all of you are to me. So Goddess/God forbid, he would get ahold of the site or most likely find Aqua.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-11-2004, 10:05 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

And, obviously, kleclere would let you all know...and I've given serious consideration over the past few months of bringing my sister into the loop. Hopefully, that will cover all necessary bases.

((all of you))

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 07-11-2004, 10:06 PM
gurly gurl

Good idea. I have a couple friends that I live by that are members here... my husband knows I come here so if anything, I am sure he would tell my girlfriend to tell ya'll.

I hate the thought of loosing anyone.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:54 AM
Pixie's Wild Rose

Jenna, this is a fantastic thread, thank you *big tight hugs* This exact same thing came to my mind a little over a year ago when I had my accident. I told my husband then that if anything should ever happen to me that I would want him to contact Lilith or someone else on the site. Yes, he's a member though he has never posted *L* another lurker.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:01 AM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Bilbo would notify you.....but if it were both of us....then there is no one

But if i am gone for an extended time and i haven't let someone know whats going on (Lilith or PF)....ya can bet something not so good has happened

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 07-12-2004, 02:12 AM

Same for me, unless my other half can find Lil's mobile number.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:23 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I'm covered jenna! Mr. Lixy is a member (lurker) and he knows to notify you all ASAP. If anything should happen to both of us, we can rely on SUPERPIPE to get word to someone here. It's a definite must and I TY for bringing up the not-so-easy subject.

*hugs*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 07-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

I am glad to see that I have not been alone in my thoughts regarding this... there are soooo many here that I have bonded with and have VERY deep affection for... it would haunt me if something "may" have happened.. and I would wonder forever... and in the same way... I would hate to think that those who care about me would do the same if I didn't figure a way to leave word...

I will do so...
Old 07-12-2004, 06:32 PM

I've got a slightly different take. Should the worst happen, I've left enough sign posts on my computer that my darling boy could find this place. It's not that I expect folks here would want to know what happened to me, necessarilly. More....I'd trust you all to help him through it. I can't say better of this place than being willing to trust you with that particular job.

Sorry, my slightly maudlin observation for the night. I'll go hush up now.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:33 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
(((((((((GingerV)))))))))) we'd help eachother, but I hope it won't be necessary anytime soon.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Manwhore

My being here is a very well kept secret... but if anything happened, Lilith would find out somehow.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 07-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
My sweetheart knows about Pixie's... boy oh boy does he know. If anything were to happen to me, he would let you know.

Thank you for this thread, Jenna....

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~