User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2005, 08:34 AM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyarmywife
yes but wouldn't some form of chemical castrations lower or inhibit their sex drive? it seems to me that lower testosterone from the castration would make them not want to have sex at all, especially with children. It seems as this would be a solution - am I making sense?

Yes it does. But like Lil is talking about the Sadist part in them can't have sexual pleasure without the abuse or inflicting pain in which that the brain controls.

I've been reading the Marquis De Sade's Juliette. You're right Lil, these people are NOT human.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:38 AM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
i think the word you're looking for is creatures

i wonder how many actually get away with it forever

Did you know there are cults of these type of people?
Old 04-24-2005, 12:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlueSwede Send a message via Yahoo to BlueSwede
Having been raped twice and having a daughter who was sexually assaulted by a pedophile, I'm not what one could call sympathetic. However, I also have a dear friend who was falsely accused of raping a 15-yr-old who accused him because she didn't want her mother to find out that she really was having sex with her boyfriend. What he's gone through is horrendous, and he doesn't deserve to be treated for the rest of his life the way people have mentioned. I am concerned about those falsely accused and also those like the kid who was just peeing in public. How are you going to distinguish, in other words, between those who really DO need to be monitored and those whose lives you would be ruining unjustly? And if you're going to monitor sex offenders, why aren't we also monitoring murderers who are released? We've seen through the more recent use of DNA testing how many people in prison have been falsely accused of crimes, but often the truth doesn't come out until long after the person has been convicted. Someone in my state was just released after spending 18 yrs in prison for rape when new DNA evidence proved he was not the rapist. If you've already castrated the man, what are you going to say to him? Gee..ooops...sorry.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:16 PM

Lilith,

I think that some of these proposed solutions are too extreme for a liberal democracy. What has been proposed here for these acts is

Branding
Mutilation – physical or chemical.
Death

During the Middle Ages in Europe, branding for a variety of offenses was commonplace. The criminal’s sentence was, in part, being reviled for the rest of his or her life for a crime that may (or may NOT) have been committed in youth. In the 13th century, in both France and England, Jews were obliged to identify themselves with labels on their clothing. The last time I am aware of a class of people being required to publicly display a label identifying them as distinct from any other citizen was in Nazi Europe.

Mutilation/ Forced Sterilization/Castration also has been a punishment for anti-social behavior. There was a period in the not so distant past when the disciple of eugenics was used to justify the sterilization by chemicals, X-ray, and surgery of people who, by the standards of the time were considered “unsuitable” as parents. Nazi Europe was very much NOT the only government to engage in such practices.

Capital punishment is a sentence to be used sparingly. Those who suggest employing it may wish to consider if a conviction for sexual abuse – even when the victim is a child – is a crime more heinous than murder.

As the father of both a son and a daughter, I am not insensitive to the dangers of this type of criminal. I feel the same rage when I read of the savagery these people visit upon their victims. Nevertheless, all of these criminals – both male and female – are human. We may dislike accepting this ugly fact, but it is true. Demonizing them does not justify killing, mutilating, or branding them as if they were insentient animals. Our societies are not improved by institutionalizing revenge.

Permanently segregating these people from society into prisons or penal farms may be one way that we may retain our humanity while removing those who will or can not control their behavior.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:30 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirltease
Did you know there are cults of these type of people?

yes i did...it is a sick, sad world

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose