Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Pixies Devilish Soul

Send a message via Yahoo to souls_cry2000
Question cheating...a time and place for all things

I know many here at Pixies have a slight sexual obsession. So I'm possing a hypothetical for you.

(I watch the show Cheaters alot on G4.)If you are in a relationship in which sex has stopped for a very lengthy period of time. Would you cheat on your S/O and how long do you think it would take for the most monogomous among us to actually do so? If you wouldn't then what would it actually take for you to cheat?
no mortal ever dreamed before.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:23 AM

If sex has ceased for a long time I have a hard time seeing it as cheating.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Leo was right

Lots of variables to consider when trying to answer those questions so I guess it's easiest for me to contemplate if I just focus on the sex having gone out of the relationship aspect.

It really depends upon the individuals involved as to what the "limit" would be of going without sex. Then there's the question of whether the love is still there. Personally, I do believe that it's possible to be in love with more than one person at a time but there's a sort of filter in our hearts/minds that keeps many of us monogamous. Sometimes that filter is easier to let down than at others. So yes, I do believe that somewhere inside each of us we hold the capability of cheating on our partner.

For me it would have to be some sort of extraordinary circumstance for me to cheat, even if the sex was gone from the relationship. Not really sure what that circumstance would be but I do know I wouldn't be able to just decide, "Okay, I need to get laid. I'm going to cheat on her today." That's just not me. I can't answer how long a time it would take for me to get to the place where I decided I needed someone else. No idea at all.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 03-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Mara-Redhaired

If I was in a relationship where the sex had stopped for a lengthy period of time, I'd think I'd be asking myself some very serious questions. Sex is so important in a healthy relationship, and if it was to cease then that would be an indicator that the relationsip is in serious trouble. Rather than cheating on my SO, I'd try to see if we could work through the issues, and if that didn't work...I'd break it off with him. Then, I wouldn't have to cheat.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mara
If I was in a relationship where the sex had stopped for a lengthy period of time, I'd think I'd be asking myself some very serious questions. Sex is so important in a healthy relationship, and if it was to cease then that would be an indicator that the relationsip is in serious trouble. Rather than cheating on my SO, I'd try to see if we could work through the issues, and if that didn't work...I'd break it off with him. Then, I wouldn't have to cheat.

^^^^^Perfect - that's exactly what I was about to say.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 03-17-2007, 03:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
Here's what Dan Savage, my favorite sex advice columnist has to say about it.

Quote:
"But here's a pro that's rarely acknowledged: Sometimes cheating can save a long-term relationship. Sometimes only cheating makes it possible for a sexually rejected partner to stay in a relationship that's worth preserving for other good, valid reasons—like kids, for instance. And sometimes only cheating makes it possible for a person whose partner has a chronic, debilitating illness to stay put and stay sane. In these cases, cheating isn't just the right thing to do; it's the only decent and honorable thing to do.

Some fuckwits, of course, piously insist that Cheating Is Always Wrong. To the CIAW crowd, I say this: Fuck you, you self-righteous Pollyanna fucktards. I'm sick of CIAW types insisting with one breath that sex and sexual exclusivity are hugely important. Even the contemplation of an affair, to say nothing of its consummation, represents an unforgivable betrayal. And then in the very next breath, CIAWers insist that sex is so unimportant, so colossally trivial, that a person should be able to go without—forever!—if their mate is unwilling or incapable.

You can't have it both ways, CIAWers. If sex is hugely important then people can't be faulted for wanting some; if it's unimportant then it shouldn't be seen as a huge betrayal when some poor fuckers, under duress, get their needs met elsewhere.

That said, SOTS, I'm not gonna give you a pass. You're not done with sex, he's not dying, you don't have kids—cheating under your particular circumstances can't be justified. Regardless of what happens with your co-worker, you need to end this relationship. You're not attracted to your boyfriend emotionally or physically, and you don't have the kind of entanglements—biological or durational—to rationalize a fuck buddy. Do the right thing, SOTS, and break up with this guy."
Old 03-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Mama Mia!

It would depend on why the sex stopped!!! If it was just because we weren't "clicking" then I think I would seriously consider ending the relationship before I cheated. If he was unable to have sex, like due to an illness or something, then forget it, I'd never cheat.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

Ah but if sex IS important, then it should be had only with the person you love, or not at all....and if it ISN'T important, why risk losing/hurting someone you love for the sake of it?

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 03-17-2007, 03:58 PM

Cheating is a state of the heart, not a measure of how wet your dick got.

Mind you, I wish my relationship with my partner left room for others, but her head's not built that way so it would be cheating.

Put another way, if your partner walked in on you in bed with another and it didn't bring a smile to their face, it's probably cheating.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Loungin' Around

I'm with the wise man right above me.

I'm not naturally monogamous and I think the idea of monogamy is, frankly, silly. But the man I choose to spend my life with feels differently, so I play by the rules. To do anything else would just be disrespectful.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 03-17-2007, 05:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to ReaperWoman
If the sex had stopped in our relationship and we still were very in love and wanted to stay together but felt sexually unsatisfied, then I would talk to my OH about "cheating" though I don't think it can really be called that when you both agree that it's a good idea. But if the idea didn't go down well, then further actions down that line would feel like a betrayal. And if I was the one frustrated and my OH said "no" to me being with other people, then it'd be down to me to weigh up how important sex was compared to my relationship with my OH.
I don't think I could ever be with someone other than my OH without him knowing and understanding why, i just wouldn't be able to go behind his back, look him in the eye and lie about it. Not without experiencing some extreme depression because of it.

But that's just my
Old 03-17-2007, 05:31 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Oldfart and Osuche speak for me too!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Pixies Devilish Soul

Send a message via Yahoo to souls_cry2000
These are some very valid points. I'm glad that many felt like posting even though the circumstances leading up to the decision to cheat were not laid out clearly.

I think that all avenues should be explored before making a drastic decision such as cheating. One thought I had on the circumstance didn't involve a person who just felt like a change or some irreconcilable difference in the relationship. I was more aiming at a situation in which a partner was happy in their relationship but had lost the inclination toward sex (like those cases we have heard of where everything is fine but a couple hasn't had sex in years and feels no urgency to get back in the saddle).
Old 03-18-2007, 10:10 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle
Ah but if sex IS important, then it should be had only with the person you love, or not at all....and if it ISN'T important, why risk losing/hurting someone you love for the sake of it?

If it's not important why would they be hurt? They would only be hurt if it was important to them and if it's important then they should understand the need for it.

You cannot have it both ways reread what I posted from Dan Savage.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Gone with the Wind

Cheating

I didn't read all the posts already written, because I wanted to make a very specific point, and not be swayed by anyone else.

Cheating means, at the most basic sense, telling a lie.

My sexual proclivities and appetites are pretty well known here. I have tried monagamy, and hated it. (my marriage). It turned out I was the only one practicing mongamy, and I ended up with an STD. (my only one)
So my decision was not to ever do it again. But I NEVER EVER EVER will pretend otherwise.
If a person enters into any kind of relationship with me, they have to know from the begining that it will be an open relationship.
Trust is everything. If I promised not to do something, such as fuck anyone else, then I wouldn't. But i don't see myself making that promis again.
If sex has departed your realtionship, then there are much deeper issues tha have to be addressed.

WW

---Margaret Cho