Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Sears doing its best

Sears - Christmas shopping this year…..please read all the way down.

I know I needed this reminder, since Sears isn't always my first choice. It's amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up for active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

Please pass this on.
Let's not any of us forget our troops, today or ever!!
Please say a prayer for all of our troops tonight.

I decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make.We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
webcenter@sears.com
1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

It's verified ! By Snopes.com at:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp
Old 11-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Manwhore

That's something I didn't know. Good job Sears.

It also says at Snopes that there are many companies that go beyond the requirement and they have a link to a site that lists many of them, broken down by state. The ESGR website. (Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve.)

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 11-12-2008, 01:20 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

I missed this completely. Some time back I was aware there were a couple companies that were going slightly beyond the mandatory requirements but I'm overwhelmed at the number on the list, at least for my state. Thanks Aqua. It was worth the effort to ferret out the businesses in my area that I DO intend to patronize and let know I am aware and appreciate their deeds, particularly in these current times.

....and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 11-12-2008, 05:16 AM
Just me.

Great job Sears and great job all the companies listed at ESGR. Definitely I'll shop at those I can.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:52 AM
Loungin' Around

Wow. I will, too.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney