Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2002, 11:12 PM

Unhappy Why are so many women intimidated by male sexuality?

Please note that this is NOT a criticism of any of the fine ladies that post here. So don't take offence. However, I'm just befuddled by what appears to be a tendency on the part of many women to diss men. I'm not necessary writing from my own experience, which is very little. It's only when I go to the web that I find a whole new world opened to me. Where are these open-minded sexual females that I keep reading about on the net? The rest of the female population would rather complain and bitch about how men make silly demands on them, how men are too interested in sex, etc., etc.. And heaven forbid I even bring up the subject of FMF. They act like that's a worse crime than flying Jumbo jets into buildings.

I live on the East Coast. You would think that it shouldn't be hard to find dates. But most of the people are just so cold and inconsiderate of others and that is reflective on their "dating habits" as well.

I keeping reading nice and lovely comment from women about how they like to see naked men, dicks, watching them masturbate, going down on them, etc.. While I enjoy reading those comments I just have to wonder why there aren't enough of them out there in the real world. Are so many women intimidated by male sexuality and the thought of having sex with a man??? Why are so many of them keep having issues about that? I'm not talking about lezbos, mind you. No, I'm referring to so-called hetero women who, I think, get more excited talking about shopping, getting thier hair done and money than intimacy and sex.

Somebody PLEASE help me out. What's going on?

What the heck is a slute?
Old 08-03-2002, 11:35 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

Just my two cents here...

I don't think that those of us women here are a rare commodity.. I believe that the only thing that makes us a bit different is our willingness to be open about our sexuality and our desires. And even some of the women here, live double lives of sorts. They are able to come here and allow their deepest most sacred emotions reveal themselves without fear of rejection or ridicule, but in their daily life no one who knows them would ever guess that they come here....

As a society.. unfortunately... the same stigmas exist for women as they have for years. Yes, there was a sexual revolution that helped to advance the acceptance of female sexuality but we are still not there... Even today the way a mans sexual needs are addressed is completely different than that of a woman. If a man sleeps with several different ladies... then he is still a stud.... a man's man... if however a woman sleeps with several men.. she is still often ridiculed and judged and referred to as a slut. Because of this, I believe women in general often keep their sexual desires well hidden.
Old 08-04-2002, 12:23 AM

Unhappy

OK. I've always keep hearing and reading about how women are still being held back, etc, etc.. However, what keeps them from even appreciating a good guy? Are they afraid that guys would reject them if they show some kind appreciation for what they do for them? I have a friend who I would call a good guy. He's the type women always fantasize about: a good listener, always remembering important dates, being considerate of her feeling, his bedroom abilities(at least what he tells me). What has he won for all that? One bad breakup after another.

There are a lot of bitches who take us guys for granted and I'm pissed off about that! I'm starting to wonder whether there's a double standard for us guys and also starting to think there has to be a good reason why many men seemingly have a flippant attitude about dating. If they know that there's a good chance they'd be unappreciated in the end then they'd not work so hard to please the ladies.

Each side is distrusting of the other. I have no idea what I could do to change that.

Old 08-04-2002, 12:37 AM
Lusting Horny Pixie

yep.. you are right.. I agree that there are many women out there that for whatever reason decide to treat their male counterparts like trash... but lets not forget that the same can be said for many of the men out there.

The saying "A few bad apples ruin the bunch" is sadly appropriate. Not all guys are "womanizing createns" nor are all women "male bashing bitches" either.

It is very frustrating from both sides of the fence. I can't find a nice guy to save my life... those that I seem to run across are usually hung up on some "beautiful bitch" that treats him like shit. So.. I understand the frustration... it works both ways.
Old 08-04-2002, 01:08 AM

Yep. I think that many of those guys you talk about bring the rest of us down. As long as there are idiots like them who keeps persuing ungrateful women, the likelihood for us regular guys for getting good pussy and seeing that smile on a lady's face in the morning and a good morning cheer gets smaller and smaller. We get so cynical and then if one of us ever meet a good lady he ruins it for himself because he's still hung-up on that last breakup. It's a vicious cycle.

Old 08-04-2002, 05:24 AM
<----Snappin' Pussy

All i can add to this is...Don't Give Up!!

There are still good men and women out there....but you have to be open to finding them....if you get cynical you are not really doing yourself any favours at all

Just my 5c worth

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 08-04-2002, 07:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
There have been several threads here about similar concerns.
I was never a 'chick magnet' LOL and have always treated women with decency and respect. Alone in private with a woman I believe that I am at least an acceptable lover but finding the woman has always been difficult.

I think we do hide too much of our real selves and thast is because we feel open to misinterpretation or unscrupulous people.

The ladies here at Pixies are my type of women and the guys are exceptional too. I would go to a party with people here and be myself like I never could be with people who I have not shared my most intimate thoughts and pics.

The people are out there but the difficulty is in locating them and penetrating the defensive veneer we all have.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:14 AM

Women are not the heartless creatures (generally) you portray.

As said above, community looks at a woman's sexual lifestyle

differently to a man's.

With a very few, but notable, exceptions, I have rarely had problems

meeting women with whom it is, at the very least, worth exploring

our options.

You have to be in the firing line to risk the emotional encounter,

they won't come chasing you.

If you take anger into the encounter, you'll poison it before you have

a chance to see if there is a chance of relationship.

If you just want a root, keep searching.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Fondle You---It sounds to me;like you have some serious;self confidence problems.Having been in the "biker"motorcycle lifestyle;for most of my life;I have found;just the opposite;to be true.Also having;two daughters;has forced me to; look at things;
from both sides;sexually.From what I have seen;there are;alot;
more men that bash women;then vice-versa.You are at pixies,now
Most of the steriotypes;can be forgotten about.No one gets bashed here.People respect; each other;more than that.They may
disagree with each other;but that will be said;and thats as far as
it goes. Irish
P.S.My $.02.
Old 08-04-2002, 04:35 PM
Henchwench

Lemme just toss my hat in the ring here...

Allow me to assure you that your point is rather valid, FY. I am one of the girls that you seek, and I don't say this to be immodest. I enjoy all of the aspects of human sexuality that girls aren't supposed to. I'm not intimidated by male sexuality, and I even treat my own in a more masculine fashion. (I am straight, just for the record.) And guys have told me so. I remember a guy friend of mine telling me how lucky my boyfriend was. "If all women thought like you," he said "there'd be no divorce."
I took that to heart, and I'm always trying to encourage girls to be more like me.
There are girls out there for you, and they're looking for a nice guy. I am working night and day on it, lemme assure you.
Old 08-04-2002, 06:06 PM
Addicted Member

May I just say.....right off the bat.......that another comparison other than "flying a Jumbo jet into buildings" would have gotten my attention just as well!!!!! The reference is hardly comparible!!!!

Nuff said bout that!

As to your question/s.....When you meet a woman that is interested....you'll know! I promise you will. She will giggle at your every attempt at a (bad) joke and she will love you unconditionally.

Otherwise.......Change your opening "line". Sounds harsh, huh? Well......sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are so very, very jaded from what you post!

May I ask your age? It is a valid question! I am of the school that younger people have all of a sudden become so jaded with life in general.....(ie: relationships, careers, society, etc). Life IS a LONG, LONG process. We reap what we sow. What goes around, comes around, live and learn and DON'T generalize......you can never categorize a group of people (ie: all women) as so many of us may pleasantly surprise you! You can't get the entire answer in one woman.......but you can get a lifetime of love and security and sex (well..the sex may wane in time..but all the rest...YES!).....if you have the right attitude! Pardon me for saying so, but you may be coming to this at the wrong angle. You seem to have the answers before the girl is there to answer them!

Just a thought!

P.S. I will not appologize for the womans struggle in life to attain a stature that at least replicates...(albeit not the monetary value) a mans place on this planet. We've come a long way baby........and you can't argue with that!

Mrs. Lix
Old 08-05-2002, 01:52 PM
Now known as Loulabelle

I don't think it is a case of women being intimidated by a man's sexuality. My last relationship was very much lacking in the sexual department, and i will readily admitt that that was mainly my fault. My problem was, that my guy was a 'good guy' in everyway and had relatively old fashioned values. In four years together, he never stopped opening my side of the car door for me, bringing me flowers etc etc.

However, i felt that if i'd been my true, wild lustful self he would have lost respect for me. He kind of had me on a pedestal, and i just never felt that he would have been able to accept my sexuality as part of that package. I also didn't feel i could trust him not to tell all our mutual friends, his parents and God knows who else, about what we got up to in bed, because he was just too open and honest himself.

Crazy as it seems, if a guy comes on too strong with the 'i'm a nice guy' routine, some women will automatically revert to the 'i'm a nice girl' routine and unfortunately, that stereotype does not make room for sex.

That has been my experience and i feel it is a valid point. Men STILL have the notion that there are the kind of girls you fuck and the kind of girls you marry, and in truth, most women can be both things, if you give them space to be themselves and show them that they will not be judged by their sexuality alone.

Ok, someone take the soap box away from me!!!!!!!!

- Woody Allen
Old 08-05-2002, 02:18 PM
the Lusty Wench

Just want to add some of my thoughts -- this world we live in is not always safe .... a woman even in the best circumstances has to at least be aware that there are men who are stronger physically then she is and could take advantage of that fact. I'm not saying that we continue to think that about guys we've come to know and care for, but in my life at least I open to others gradually ..... If you're thinking that chatting with a woman for a few minutes means you can then immediately move to the next level in a "relationship" - then you may need to slow down the process a bit ....

When I come on the internet and am dealing with my own sexuality -- it's not necessarily about building a relationship - it's about filling an immediate need ... those (at least for me) are 2 entirely different issues and I approach each of them with different prespectives. So yes, I can appreciate the pictures of men and the descriptions of what each person likes, it doesn't necessarily mean that I'd appreciate the same thing being said to me on one of my early dates with a guy I was dating and wanting to build a relationship with. ..... I don't think that's a double standard, it's different requirements for different objectives.
Old 08-05-2002, 04:37 PM

Grumbleguts

I would come to your party. You are right this grouyp is very accepting honest and compassionate.

Andrew
Old 08-05-2002, 11:45 PM

Thanks for your responses, especially Harley Q. Harley, you are one of a kind. It's so hard to meet people. I'd grant you that. But what makes it so much more difficult is the attitude of many women of my generation about dating guys like me. Btw, I'm 31 y/o...guess that's still young-ish though not quite. I tend to think a lot of us don't have a place in their lives and they'd rather push us aside. Generalizing? Who knows? But I do know that there must be some women who do agree with me on this. It must be very difficult for them to speak out about this(as well as many guys in my situation). First, they may get smacked down by other women, being called "naive", "silly", "jaded" or worse. I mean, are we that bad? That dangerous? Is our built or the way we do things or the way we think that threatening?! Am I so dangerous because I was born a certain way? There are some days where I wonder if it's even worth approaching someone. It's not about being afraid of rejection but about realizing that many women of my generation assume the worst of me...and that sucks.