Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2002, 10:15 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Best Concert?

What was the best concert you ever attended? Who and when? (if you were not so stoned that the typical time/space continuim was unreliable)

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-16-2002, 10:28 PM

Irish Rovers

I love your posts, Lilith! Always original and enjoyable.

This will probably sound weird to most members, but my favorite concert was the Irish Rovers in the late '80s (before Jimmy Ferguson died and Will Millar quit) Great music, good storytelling, funny jokes, and these guys were having so much fun that you couldn't help but sing and smile along with them.

BORU
Old 02-16-2002, 10:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nubian
"One Love" concert that attempted (unsuccesfully) to unite the 2 feuding political parties in Jamaica.

Not really a concert but I visited a Rastarfarian "commune" in the 1970 with 2 uncles who were followers of the religion. Any way there was this charismatic youth, with budding Dreadlocks, working on a tune and who kept repeating the line "one good thing about music" over and over again. The place, Trench Town in Kinston, Jamaica; the tune "Trench Town Rock." The artist, Robert Nesta Marley!

--True story.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:46 PM
Pixaholic in rehab Member

Send a message via ICQ to mindboxer505 Send a message via AIM to mindboxer505 Send a message via Yahoo to mindboxer505
Thumbs up first is best

Eventhough I've had some great times at various concerts, the best was the first. It was around my birthday and i was in the Navy. I had been to some at a place in Norfolk called The boathouse, but not a real concert. my best friend's boy wanted to go see KISS/CRAZY NIGHTS TOUR. so for my birthday they bought me a ticket, some fine dining , and a little spending money for us to have some fun afterward. after the meal, they dropped us off at the concert. I met a ladyfriend there and eric met some of his friends. I made sure eric kept in control and I had a little fun with my friend. I can't remember who opened for them, but that was the best!!!!
Old 02-17-2002, 01:41 AM
Vampyre/ Knight

Send a message via Yahoo to Prophet Reality
Depeche Mood

Old 02-17-2002, 05:47 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Tough call, Lil... may have to reply in installments, sorta like picking a favorite noodle in a spaghetti dinner... but Nubian's story brings to mind seeing Joe Walsh & Barnstorm back in 1973, good as they were, the best part was the opening act... a young, as-yet-undiscovered singer/songwriter Joe introduced as "Danny" Fogelburg! I had snuck my cassette recorder in, so somewhere I have my own personal bootleg of the whole show! His solo accoustic version of "(Someone's been telling you) Stories" was hair-raising, and I got to hear it (& several other songs) months before the album versions came out!

Quote:
(if you were not so stoned that the typical time/space continuim was unreliable)
Robin Williams said it; "If you can remember Woodstock, you weren't really there!"

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 02-17-2002, 07:35 AM

Sorry to prove Robin wrong, Scotz, but I can remember Woodstock and I was there. It wasn't as much a concert as an unplanned social experiment. I was 17 at the time and ended up working as a volunteer in a make-shift hospital (tent) where they were bringing in people comming down from bad acid. Believe me, its something I will never forget! BTW, the best concert I ever saw was the Chambers Brothers, the Amboy Dukes, and Blood Sweat and Tears at the Filmore east. I guess I have pretty much dated myself with this post!
Old 02-17-2002, 07:42 AM
The Bob Ucker of pixies

Send a message via Yahoo to 2-4-tea
I have been to several good concerts in 1987 I saw Def Lappard on there Hysteria tour and the rocked from the round . The most fun at a concert was the Beach Boys, and the best future preformer I saw was Chris Cagel. Overall though Iiwas have to go with Def Leppard though
Old 02-18-2002, 06:51 AM
~*Forget Me Not*~

Garth Brooks!!!

And when I was a teenager...it had to be KISS and OZZIE

"Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please
continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Old 02-18-2002, 12:00 PM
Pixaholic in rehab Member

Send a message via ICQ to mindboxer505 Send a message via AIM to mindboxer505 Send a message via Yahoo to mindboxer505
iron maiden

i got to thinking about this one at work yesterday and i remember another one ............the first ship i was on stayed in naples italy for six months and some of us got permission(after doing some wheeling and dealing with our time off) and was able to go to an IRON MAIDEN CONCERT.It was strange cause none of us spoke italian, but we had a great time with the guys and gals there. bout half way through the concert i looked up and noticed kind of a smoky cloud above us. none of us really knew what it was til we took a deep whiff, you guessed it .....''mary jane'' was present. we thought we'd be in deep shit. but when we reported back to the ship we saw the duty officer and took a piss test to cover our mutual ass and got away with no probs. that one was great cause it showed how alike and different we all can be in our likes and dislikes, but have fun still...........did have a buzzzzzzz for a few hours that morning though.......:yellghst:
Old 02-18-2002, 03:48 PM
Yummy!!!

Hands Down...

Now I have very eclectic musical tastes, but the best concert I ever remember was DAVE MATTHEWS BAND at Red Rocks in the late 90's. '96 or '97...I don't remember.

Other greats:
AC/DC
Lilith Fair 2000 (the last one)
Tina Turner

I really think artists can make or break their careers with a good tour, so I always try to see people I really like live!

Ophelia
Old 02-18-2002, 04:00 PM
Lycanthrope Love Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by Nubian
"One Love" concert that attempted (unsuccesfully) to unite the 2 feuding political parties in Jamaica.

Not really a concert but I visited a Rastarfarian "commune" in the 1970 with 2 uncles who were followers of the religion. Any way there was this charismatic youth, with budding Dreadlocks, working on a tune and who kept repeating the line "one good thing about music" over and over again. The place, Trench Town in Kinston, Jamaica; the tune "Trench Town Rock." The artist, Robert Nesta Marley!

--True story.

That's just too cool Nubian. I knew you were hip, but man, you so hip!
And the moon is full and bright."
Old 02-18-2002, 04:04 PM
Lycanthrope Love Machine

Alice Cooper

Gotta give props to the master of macabrock. Saw it two years ago right before Halloween. Since the Coop's been off the bottle, his stage show's have gotten much tighter and he's just a beast on stage. His presence oozes out over the audience and fills the concert hall. The theatrics were top notch. Alice being guilliotined, piecing him back together in a giant machine, the creepy props all of it! His music was fantastic too. He did some old stuff, some old, old stuff, and some of the better stuff from his new album. All around, had to be my favorite show of all time.
And the moon is full and bright."
Old 02-18-2002, 08:02 PM

Thumbs up

Hmmm... I would have to say Tim McGraw & Faith Hill's Soul2Soul Tour 2000 (Saw it 3 times!) or Tim McGraw's Set This Circus Down Tour 2001 with Kenny Chesney (Saw that 4 times!). Obsessed? WHO ME???

Back when I was younger, I'd have to say Def Leppard w/ Europe was great. So was REO Speedwagon w/ Richard Marx! My first concert ever was Ratt/Poison!!
Old 02-18-2002, 11:24 PM

NIRVANA !!!!

I was at there last north amarican concert other than the unpluged show it was at maple leaf gardens in toronto the meat puppets opened and the whole show was just amazing