Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2003, 09:43 AM

Hey you all, 'nuff for a moment.

Have we lost sight of the fact that politicians occur at all levels

in the community and have their own ladder to success?

Politics is a bad thing to discuss when heated.

Politicians are mostly not the people we'd prefer to be making

decisions governing our lives, but few reasonable people go into

politics for the common good and survive.

Remember the benefits of a hung parliament.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:10 AM

GingerV,

Indeed, political discourse is most difficult to transact when not handled reasonably. Character assassination seems to me to be a form of ad hominem argument intended to redirect/misdirect the focus of the argument away from the subject.

One can only wonder why so much effort is made to do so. My guess is that those who employ these techniques prefer to avoid the difficult and serious issues that political discourse, followed by political actions attempt to address. A few years ago, here in the States, Daniel Moynahan, decried the trivialization of substantive issues. It seems he was on to something
Old 09-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Huggable!

misleading article

I am not stating what I think of Hillary Clinton here. I usually leave my politics at home. But the original article posted by Irish that started this thread is incorrect. Right from the opening line, Paul Harvey never said this. As you read on further in this link you’ll see other misleading, misquoted or just plain missing facts. This was written at election time merely to sway political opinion. Hillary, weather you like her or not, as an American citizen is entitled to a fair trial before one party declares her guilt or innocence. I think what this boils down to is not so much about what Hillary did or didn’t do, but all of our constitutional rights.

Please take the time to read the link below. Then lets put this thread to sleep and get back to perving like good little pixies.

teddy

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/panthers.htm
Old 09-23-2003, 03:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Exclamation

The only reason that I even saw this is because I am subscribed
to this thread,so it comes in my mail.I haven't been keeping up with this or any other thread.My wife had her foot operated on,on Fri.She is home & back to work.She has traded her crutches
for an adjustable cane.Her foot is still heavily bandaged&a pin is
sticking out of her foot.A 38yr. marriage is more important to me then a stupid thread anyway.I have been doing extra so that my wife doesn't overdo it!That could cause long-term consequences.
The thread was entered in jest because my wife&I,thought that some people would enjoy it,NOT cause such seriousness! Irish
Old 09-23-2003, 05:22 PM
Horseman12's Filly

Send a message via Yahoo to hellsbells
They weren't of this world Belial, and thank God Papa really isn't any more. why he was allowed to live to a grand old age I will never know. ( I think you are right btw )

Back to the original issue that Irish made, maybe all that was reported wasn't totaly accurate, but you can bet your life there was a modicum of truth there. I have got to the point that I believe the ruthless prosper and the honest and genuinely good people rarely get far, of course there are the exceptions.

What makes it sad, the ppl like high up members of the Black Panthers, Papa and Sadam and the rest, really believe that they have the right to do what they do, maybe even believe they are doing good. Hell, this is bloody depressing, did someone mention sex????

I am trying to get back to thinking happy thoughts, because we cannot change a damn thing.

Old 09-23-2003, 11:45 PM
Now Seating

Im an albatross....im flap flap flapping my albatross wings, flap flap flapping my albatross wings..

about as pointless as this debate/squabble/argument/brouhaha, eh?