User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2002, 08:14 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
((((((Happy Father's Day))))))

Happy Father's Day!

I just want to say that there is nothing ....I mean nothing.... sexier a man can do than be a good father((((HUGS)))) to all you sexy daddies!!!!

I found these quotes on another site but know they apply to all our Pixie's Dads too!!!!

"A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again." -- Enid Bagnold

"It no longer bothers me that I may be constantly searching for father figures; by this time, I have found several and dearly enjoyed knowing them all." -- Alice Walker

"None of you can ever be proud enough of being the child of SUCH a Father who has not his equal in this world-so great, so good, so faultless. Try, all of you, to follow in his footsteps and don't be discouraged, for to be really in everything like him none of you, I am sure, will ever be. Try, therefore, to be like him in some points, and you will have acquired a great deal." -- Victoria, Queen of England

"That is the thankless position of the father in the family-the provider for all, and the enemy of all." -- J. August Strindberg

"It is a wise father that knows his own child." -- William Shakespeare

"It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was." -- Anne Sexton

"One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters." -- English Proverb

"To be a successful father . . . there's one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years." -- Ernest Hemingway

"A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father." -- Gabriel García Márquez

"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection." -- Sigmund Freud

"I watched a small man with thick calluses on both hands work fifteen and sixteen hours a day. I saw him once literally bleed from the bottoms of his feet, a man who came here uneducated, alone, unable to speak the language, who taught me all I needed to know about faith and hard work by the simple eloquence of his example." -- Mario Cuomo

"Be kind to thy father, for when thou wert young,
Who loved thee so fondly as he?
He caught the first accents that fell from thy tongue,
And joined in thy innocent glee."
-- Margaret Courtney

"If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right." -- Bill Cosby

"Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!" -- Lydia M. Child

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 06-15-2002, 08:39 PM

Thanks Lilith. This is my first year celebrateing Father's Day. And wouldn't you know it, due to military life I am seperated from little girl. The first and last quote say it all. Thank you again.
Old 06-15-2002, 10:59 PM
Addicted Member

I have to add this as I never really had a father figure.......he was there but drunk and never cared!!! Later in life he tried to make up for it.....but lost time is lost time.....I said I forgave him and at the time I might have..........but I still come back to this.......So fathers looking on........please note................for your childs future reference..........they NEVER forget!!!!!!!!

When I was four.....you beat me for not saying "excuse me" for burping at the family table!.....Daddy..........I remember!

When I was seven.....You made me a ring from a peach stone....I still cannot figure how you did that but I have it always!.....Daddy.....I remember!

When I was twelve.....My brother kicked your ass cause he was finally big enough to tell you......"If you ever hurt my mother or my sisters again, I will kill you"!......Daddy........I remember!

When I was sixteen.....I remember getting my drivers license and allowing myself to come visit you and reintroducing myself to you and saying......I would love to get to know you "now"!......Daddy.....I remember!

When I was twenty eight.........I remember you having me to dinner and making my favorite....I think to impress me! Daddy......I remember!

When I was thirty three........I moved to Fla. and you begged me not to go.......Daddy......I remember!

When I was thirty nine I came home from Fla. and two days later they admitted you to the hospital. I had time though because it was only a minor problem. You died before I could come see you!......Daddy....I remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If time could stand still......if "Daddy's" could know what their children think........If, If, If...............Don't let a moment pass.......Don't let a child suffer.........I promise you........they will ALWAYS remember...........EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Lix
Old 06-15-2002, 11:05 PM
Horny Devil

Send a message via ICQ to legend
ok, Father's Day isn't until the first Sunday in September here.

The sun is gone, but I have a light - Kurt Cobain

~I love Nikki~
Old 06-16-2002, 01:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
as legend said it isnt till September, my birthday is 6th September and have had fathers day fall on the same day, bummer, its like havibng your birthday on Christmas day.

Mrs Lix, my dad recently passed on and we had some trouble between us over his disciplining that caused me deep emotional trouble as a child, I was scared of him. In later life he made it up in many ways, I vowed to myself that my children would look on me as a loving man not someone to be afraid of. I am certain that this is the case as I have rarely smacked either one of them.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:04 AM
Just me.

Lil and Mrs. Lix ... thanks for remembering us dad's on Father's Day.
Old 06-16-2002, 03:10 AM
Addicted Member

legend........oops....*Note to Self* You are not the only country on the planet*.......
So sorry sweety! I hate to admit it but........I am dumber than a post when it comes to geography and the personal celebrations. I am usually of the here and now........not the......if I were in Australia....what date would I want to remember??

I love you in my yesterday legend......OK?

Grumble.......I am sorry to learn of the hardship you and your father had.....as I said, Dad and I "sorta" made up for it in later years. He was of the old school......"Don't show your feelings, I won't show you mine. But I was from the new school......and I was a woman with an opinion! Pretty scary to Dad......but he was curious of me too!!!!!!

I know he loved all five of us......I just don't think he thought to show it till he was sicker than a body has a right to be!

Mrs. Lix
Old 06-16-2002, 05:39 AM
Unusually Curious

mmmmm, not trying to put a dampner in your logic Mrs. Lixnlix
but just FYI , if your were to love Legend it will be in your Tomorrow. LOL

Behind me is a Woman rolling her eye's!

The only opinion about me that matters is the one I have of myself
Old 06-16-2002, 08:08 AM
~*Forget Me Not*~

Happy Fathers Day to the Pixies men.........who are celebrating it today!

"Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please
continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Old 06-16-2002, 09:30 AM
Horny Devil

Send a message via ICQ to legend
mrs lix, my birthday will be the same day, no matter what country i go to (excluding time differences).....and i like presents

The sun is gone, but I have a light - Kurt Cobain

~I love Nikki~
Old 06-16-2002, 03:34 PM
dragon mane

Send a message via ICQ to axe31
my brother is haveing his first fathers day
this year iam realy pleased for him
Old 06-17-2002, 04:44 PM
Oral Freak

There's nothing more attractive to me, in both a platonic and a romantic and even a sexual sense, than a parent who has a good relationship with his or her child. To all of you Pixie-folk who fit that description, congratulations, and may you continue to be so lucky!

***Group-Gropes™ to you all!***

--- sweetstuff
Old 06-17-2002, 07:07 PM
Pixies Devilish Soul

Send a message via Yahoo to souls_cry2000
Yes the best thing a child can say to his father is, "Dad thanx for not fucking up my life."
no mortal ever dreamed before.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:53 PM
Insatiable

From a proud and happy father of two GREAT kids, I thank you for the kind wishes!

rabbit