Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2003, 07:20 PM
Wildland Fire Fighter

Exclamation '10 Worst Toys' are unwrapped

Had to share this one with xmas coming and so many have little kids...

'10 Worst Toys' are unwrapped

Consumer group WATCH raises red flag for Supremo Slingshots, Ribbets the Frog and rubber yo-yos.
November 18, 2003: 4:08 PM EST
By Parija Bhatnagar, CNN/Money Staff Writer

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - The Supremo Slingshot, the Nickelodeon Gooze Soda Fountain and Ribbets the Rhythm Frog made the annual "10 Worst Toys" list unveiled Tuesday by a Boston consumer safety group.

Click for full story..

Pixie's Wildland Fire Fighter
Find'em HOT and Leave'em WET!
Old 11-18-2003, 07:29 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

I read this while at work today... and I think for the most part.. it is a no-brainer...

# 2 Sling-shot????? not to mention #9...

as a parent.. I gotta say... DUH!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Everybody Stretch!

This stuff always makes me go DUH jenna! It's the media's need to "fill a spot" that gets to me. I'll be watching the news.....a reporter says......"High winds are expected today"....ok....ok...I gotcha.....thanks for the heads up........I can handle this..........and then they proceed to tell you......"Precautionary measures should be taken to secure loose objects that may be susceptible to the winds"......Uh, ooooooookkkkkk......ya think?.........and then they go on to say........."take in laundry on the clothesline, and umbrellas from your picnic table, and flags on poles.......blah, blah, blah".......OK ASSFUCKINHOLE.....I get it! I ain't stupid!!!!!!

Who pays these nut jobs to make these lists? Has it really gotten so bad (lawsuits.....etc.) that the mass media thinks we can't figure this out on our own??

Ever see the Saturday Night Live episode with Dan Akroyd and Jane Curtain......where he's selling Halloween costumes.......like "Invisible Pedestrian" [a big black plastic garbage bag a child should wear to go Trick or Treating]?

Come on.......cut me a big fat f'in break and trust that I'm not so stupid that you have to guide me on how to care for (my) a child! Those that would buy this shit........well...what can I say? There may be some who would.....but we can't account for all the assholes on the planet!

Damn, this stuff pisses me off........can ya tell? How do I get one of these......high paying, completely unnecessary, I'm smarter than you'll ever be and if you don't listen to me your child is doomed......kinda jobs??????

*USING EDIT FEATURE HERE* OMG! I re-read that and I feel somewhat like Andy Rooney.........who, if I'm not mistaken......should be retiring soon, huh? LOL!

*jumps off the soapbox and puts in a call to Mr. Rooney*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 11-18-2003, 08:12 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

ROFL... damn Lixy.. I gotta bump up more threads like this for ya.. LOL.. YOU GO GIRL!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 09:04 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

>Who pays these nut jobs to make these lists? Has it really >gotten so bad (lawsuits.....etc.) that the mass media thinks we >can't figure this out on our own??

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".
Old 11-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Wildland Fire Fighter

>>>>>Has it really gotten so bad (lawsuits.....etc.) that the mass media thinks we can't figure this out on our own?? <<<<

Why do ya think there is a warning on top of the step latter that says "Do not stand here injury or death may resault..

or on the coffee at McD's Caution HOT!!

Ya a no-brainer all right..... for most, but not all...

Old 11-19-2003, 09:42 AM

Gentlefolk,

You’ll note that the list was compiled by Ed Swartz, a product liability lawyer.

It is interesting that someone who makes a living from product liability settlements, both in and out of court, prepares a list of products that his (he is the founder) "consumer safety group" asserts are the "10 Worst Toys".

I wonder if this could be considered a form of advertisement? It is, after all, prominently displayed on CNNMoney, read by millions. I wonder if the announcement could be introduced as an exhibit in a product liability suit, labeled "previously identified"?

Perhaps the browser’s Title Bar tells it all:

"Liability Lawyer’s group lists hazardous toys"
Old 11-19-2003, 09:58 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
This is the 31st annual list compiled by Ed Swartz, a product liability lawyer for plaintiffs……

What a shocker that is!

Quote:
Ya a no-brainer all right..... for most, but not all...

RIGHT! And you think we should protect and perpetuate these dummies?
(11/19/2003 14:52:45 (GMT) Estimated population of a planet that can safely sustain 3 billion is now 6,330,886,284)

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 11-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Newest warning form the Surgeon General
"Danger livings is detrimental to life"

You are going to die someday
Old 11-20-2003, 08:19 AM
Wildland Fire Fighter

Quote:
RIGHT! And you think we should protect and perpetuate these dummies?

Well excuse the hell out of me for doing what I do

I have been in the fire and rescue business for 25 years and a HUGE part of our lives is PREVENTION!!!

If I can Prevent JUST ONE insedent then I have done what I have been trained to do for most of my life!

We deal with stupid shit like this everyday of the week. Shit that most of us know better then to do is done by some fool everyday.

Quote:
Come on.......cut me a big fat f'in break and trust that I'm not so stupid

I never said that you were stupid or anyone here for that matter and NO I can't account for all the ass holes on the planet.

HOWEVER if I can Prevent ONE INJURY I have done what I do.
I Have done this for years and WILL CONTINUE to do so..

If all parents thought and acted like you guys we'd be out of jobs.
Ya right...

PREVENTION is the KEY and our job is PERVENTION!!!

Quote:
You are going to die someday

NO SHIT? That is news to me....

Old 11-20-2003, 09:31 AM

m45,

Whoah! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!

I was in NO way trashing you! I can see how you read that into my post, but that was a BIG mistake on my part. You reported it. You did good.

I remain VERY unconvinced about the lawyer. I see the good lawyer as having a MAJOR conflict of interest here. His motivations are therefore, in my mind, highly suspect.

But to refer back to the "Press Release" for a moment: to accuse a slingshot of being capable of "forcefully firing the balls with which it is sold and has the potential to cause serious eye injuries", is not unlike accusing automobiles of moving. And automobiles injure and kill more people each year than the totals reference in the article – and THEY (the automobiles) are under the control of adults!

I did a quick compare, and at least 124 words of the 578 in the story are rebuttals and responses to the accusations made by the lawyer and his group. No doubt the 4th Estate mouthpieces will claim that they are attempting to provide "balanced reporting".

I guess I shouldn’t be so down on Mr. Swartz - hell, everyone has to earn a living, but CNN and the other "News" organizations that publish this type of pseudo-news, should have enough journalistic integrity to read the hand outs before broadcasting them.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:31 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
Originally posted by m45
Well excuse the hell out of me for doing what I do

I have been in the fire and rescue business for 25 years and a HUGE part of our lives is PREVENTION!!!

If I can Prevent JUST ONE insedent then I have done what I have been trained to do for most of my life!

We deal with stupid shit like this everyday of the week. Shit that most of us know better then to do is done by some fool everyday.

As I’ve stated before, you and your profession are held in the true HIGHEST regard by myself.

We need every TREE we can get.

(11/20/2003 15:28:45 (GMT) Estimated population of a planet that can safely sustain 3 billion is now 6,331,091,831)

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 11-20-2003, 11:51 AM
Banned

Ed Swartz is a product liability lawyer for plaintiffs AND founder of the nonprofit group WATCH, or World Against Toys Causing Harm.

I'm with m45 ~ I think the list serves a purpose, even if it just stops one crazy uncle without kids from buying something stupid for his nephew.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:37 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
HA! I remember that SNL episode.WAAAAAAYYYYY back when Saturday Night Live was actually er...ah....FUNNY. What's wrong with a rubber YO YO anyway?
Old 11-21-2003, 07:03 AM

Where did this guy get his info?

How can these toys compare with such perennial favourites as;

1. Kammi Kazi's hang glider/shroud combination toy.

2. Harry Kiri's complete auto-disembowelling kit (and band-aid).

3. Craniotomy_R_Us's new headache cure in three easy incisions.

The list goes on. . . . . .