Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 08:41 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
An inspiration

With my state getting ready to enact policies that will force me out of my job, this news was even more sad

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/03/30/es...dex.html?hpt=T2

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Yankee in Dixie

How are they forcing you out of a job? That is sad to hear such a great educator.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 03-31-2010, 02:16 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

They are passing a bill that says even tenured teachers can be fired for low student performance on state assessments.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-31-2010, 02:39 PM
broken

Send a message via Yahoo to FallenAngel5
All the ridiculousness being forced on teachers makes me glad I teach at the community college level... though we'll be forced out soon with all the education budget cuts on the table.
Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
Tie me to the bedpost
I like it rough
cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Old 03-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Lil, don't you teach special needs? I don't mean to down your students, but don't they normally score low on assessment tests? Seems kind of stupid to fire teachers who are willing and wanting to help these types of students simply because they don't test high due to whatever problems they have.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 03-31-2010, 04:55 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Well no one ever said the Fl government was smart.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 03-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Yankee in Dixie

What happens if you can prove that while your students test scores are still low, because of your influence their test scores are rising?
Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Just me.

Lilith, sad about that educator's death. While I wasn't familar with him, he sounds like a truly outstanding teacher.

And, lets hope that Florida will display some degree of intelligence and consider the difficulties of teaching children with special needs. My wife and I certainlyl offer you our prayers and good wishes.

BTW, thank you for your good wishes. My wife's thyroid surgery went great and we expect her to be able to come home tomorrow. She's had jello and even took a tablet orally to help remove the discomfort in her throat.

God bless,

DB
Old 03-31-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
With my state getting ready to enact policies that will force me out of my job, this news was even more sad

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/03/30/es...dex.html?hpt=T2

Yes. He was a shining example of how great a difference an individual can make.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:46 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro

BTW, thank you for your good wishes. My wife's thyroid surgery went great and we expect her to be able to come home tomorrow. She's had jello and even took a tablet orally to help remove the discomfort in her throat.

God bless,

DB

Glad to hear she is ok. ((hugs)) to you both.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 04-01-2010, 06:19 AM

DB,

Why weren't we consulted?

M will deal with you later.

Email her with the details please.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

When I saw the thread title, I was hoping it was going to be about an inspiration you had; unfortunately, it was about the death of one for many. Blech.