Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2004, 01:04 PM
is not this trim anymore!

I hope and pray that she sees the love her family has for her.

(((Gilly)))

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:37 PM
~figment of imagination~

I hope she gets the help she has cried out for. She is a lucky person to have so many care for her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
~ me! ~
Old 06-19-2004, 08:29 AM
Multi-Sexual

Thank you again for all the nice replies.

I talked to her mom for a while yesterday (she stopped by to see us), and found out that Emma's hopefully coming home on Monday. They have started her on an antidepressent, as well as a mood stabilizer.

When they were checking her over, they found that she had been cutting herself for a while. Mostly on her upper thigh, where it wouldn't be seen, even in shorts.

She said she did that because she felt numb, and wanted to feel something.

She did say she wants to get better, though, and hopefully these medicines, along with the counsling, will help her figure out what it is she thinks she's missing.

In the mean time, her mom wants to take her out and do things with her more now, so next weekend the three of us are going to go around to yard sales. It's the fair next weekend, so the town will be packed with sales.

She also wants Emma to be around the kids more (supervised for a while), because she just loves to be around them, espcially lil Gilly.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Pixies Roving Ranger

Send a message via MSN to Ranger1930
coming from a stand point.. on... a young adult.. and what goes through the minds of young adults this day and age... and what we deal with...

This may seem a bit controversial and piss some people off..

But.. I don't think any of you have a right to judge what she did..

it was her decision and if she wanted to smoke weed.. that is her decision. and if she wanted to take vicodin because she felt life was getting a bit rough around the edges.. she should not condemned...

Something in her life pushed her to take those scissors and do what she did..

And to me.. it sounds like a lack of compassion. Her cry for help was not the scissors..

her cry for help was turning to the drugs.. and using them .. instead of turning to her family.. which is who should truely help with the pain...

the scissors... are what became of crys of help fallen upon deaf ears
Old 06-20-2004, 08:17 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
I just read through all the replies and there is no condemning at all Ranger.

We are all concerned for her and sorry that she has problems in her life that led her to do this.

There is a lot of support for Gilly, the young lady concerned and her family.

I know that pressures on young adults these days cause some problems that were not present when I was that age. It is very difficult to gauge what someone's mental state is like especially with untrained people like most parents are. The signs were there but the parents probably could not recognise them.

It a hard path for everyone

I like that she is being cared for by her family and nutured. Children are great therapy, their innocence and appeal seems to penetrate the darkest mood.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:16 AM

How awful, Gilly. I can't believe I didn't see this thread yesterday. You and your family are all in our thoughts.

It sounds like she is in the right place. It must have been a terrible burden to keep her vicodin relapse a secret from all of the people who loved her, and she must have been filled with shame and fear. In-patient evaluation, drug treatment (and I can't stress this enough) twelve step work and counseling FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY is the only way my family was able to support my recovery several years ago.

Addiction is a terrible disease. The addict's brain is careening wildly between numbness and induced euphoria one moment and shame the next. The parts of our brain that crave connection and spiritual growth begin to shut down, and the parts of us that live in fear and guilt grow and grow and grow. And we get more and more afraid of honesty, intimacy, and vulnerability. For years, I used to lie awake at night hoping that if I could fall asleep maybe I would die before I woke and be released from the torture of my life.

It sounds like your cousin has, for whatever reason, run out of places to hide. This could be an incredible blessing for her and her entire family: People in recovery often learn to thank their Higher Power for the consequences of their actions, because this can often force them to confront themselves and see that the adaptive strategy of isolation was doomed to failure.

I wish her and your entire family peace, strength, and hope.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:36 PM
i know what you like...

Send a message via Yahoo to jentheredhead
i do not know you or your loved one but my thoughts are with you as i read through this thread. i hope all turns out okay and her days become brighter soon. i am sorry.

kinda kinky if ya think about it
Old 06-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Manwhore

Ok Ranger... Please point out who is condemning Emma and where?

Also, in case you missed it, she is 17... it wouldn't even be ok for her to decide to smoke cigarettes at that age. She was taking prescription pills without a prescription and smoking pot... both are illegal at any age.

We don't know her situation at home either. Teens are very good at putting on their 'everything's fine' face and parents can't always see through it.

So far, the only condemnation I see in this thread is coming from you, directed to the parents, and their is no evidence here that they ignored or ever saw any signs that could be construed as a signal that help was needed.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 06-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Multi-Sexual

coming from a stand point.. on... a young adult.. and what goes through the minds of young adults this day and age... and what we deal with...

What 'we' deal with? How old are you? Because she's just barely 17, and yes, I'm not a whole lot older, and have a sister her age, so I do still recall what it's like to be that age. Clinically speaking, I was a manic depressive from the time I was about 12. I understand fully feeling like there's no help, and no feelings.

This may seem a bit controversial and piss some people off..

But.. I don't think any of you have a right to judge what she did..
Please point out where anyone was judging her. I was saying what happened, and several very nice people were saying that they hoped she got better, and that we were in their thoughts.

it was her decision and if she wanted to smoke weed.. that is her decision. and if she wanted to take vicodin because she felt life was getting a bit rough around the edges.. she should not condemned...

She was never condemed for taking vicodin, she was told that day that it was wrong, as well as being against her probation. She tested positive for both pot, and vicodin when she was at the hospital that evening, which are both in direct violation of her probation. That aside, not a single person here, or in our family, has turned our backs to the problem, and said it was all her fault. There was no condmning involved.

Something in her life pushed her to take those scissors and do what she did..

And to me.. it sounds like a lack of compassion. Her cry for help was not the scissors..

There was never a lack of compassion involved. The problems assosicated with cutting are usually of a mental variety, and don't come about simply because of things going on around the person. The person may cut in retaliation to what goes on around them, but the problem itself doesn't come about that way. Had she asked anyone, myself, my husband, her parents, anyone at all, she would have gotten the help she needed

her cry for help was turning to the drugs.. and using them .. instead of turning to her family.. which is who should truely help with the pain...

the scissors... are what became of crys of help fallen upon deaf ears

Again, there were no cries. Drugs in today's society (and even in past time) are done to feel good. You don't do them simply to escpae a shitty life. People of all races, economical standing, and family lives take drugs. She started taking drugs when her friends started taking drugs. She continued because it felt good.

I'm sorry if you think my response was rude, but you implying that the entire problem is our families fault is both ignorant and rude.

Emma is a very bright girl who fell in with a crowd that drank, smoked, and did drugs. Peer pressure is a very powerful thing, especially in people who don't see any of the vices as being wrong.

I'm confidant that she will recieve the help she needs, and that she'll pull out of this strongly.

Again, to everyone else, thank you for your support. I know none of you know me or my family in person, but all of your words and knowing you were thinking of us was very comforting.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:19 PM
It wasn't me!!!

Send a message via MSN to musketeer
There but for the grace of god go I. My thoughts are with you and your family especially Emma. I hope she has taken the first step on the road to a brighter future and a full recovery.
if not an escape from life?
Old 06-23-2004, 10:35 AM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))) to all ur family ,i hope things will get easier for her i still remember how confussing and harsh teen years were for me i hope she sees now that she can turn to u and the rest of the family for the help and support that she needs. im very glad that she didnt cut herself worse than she did and that she called a friend.

nikki
Old 06-23-2004, 01:13 PM
Pixies Roving Ranger

Send a message via MSN to Ranger1930
Your treating her like she is this thing....

this object you can mold and shape however you damn well please...

She is a human being. and human beings don't need to be put in mental hospitals.

I was in one for almost 10 months out of my life.. I never deserved to go, I got sent because of a pshyco step mother who just wanted to get rid of me.

They do not treat you like a person there. they treat you like your some kind of freak. or addict.

I can't even respond to this properly. Gilly.. your response was so.... typical..

Because obviously if you had issues with mental depression, and drugs then you would understand this.. But I am done with this. I've already created enough waves.. go.. do whatever the hell you want with your peice of clay... apparently thats all she is to you.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:10 PM
Multi-Sexual

Where exactly do you look at it as we are trying to shape her into our images? She's her own person, just as you are. And just because you may have had a shitty go of it, doesn't mean YOUR situation applies to her any more than mine might.

You can't judge people you don't know.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:40 PM

Wow Ranger, I'm sorry you feel that way about those places. I spent a year in one, as a very young teen. I learned a lot about myself and my problems. Mental illnesses are as real as physical ones, in fact many times they're linked. Sometimes people need help in dealing with them. No matter how old you are.

Gilly, she is very lucky to have people who care about her. I can only imagine how scared and numb she must have been to do what she did. And I'd bet she's glad to have all the love and attention she can get. That's also something we all need, at any age.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:01 AM

Ranger is right, and wrong.

We have a desire to see Gilly's cousin-in-law "return to the fold", which

is a little arrogant, but we like it.

Gilly's CIL has the right to be who and what she wants, but in this case

has made the classic steps to seek help.

An asylum should be a place of refuge and healing, but often is not.

It is, however, vastly preferred to the self-destructive spiral she was on.

It'll give her the chance to make up her mind in her own time, before

non-life becomes her only option.