Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Smut Games
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 08-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
Old 08-05-2003, 10:01 PM
Suprise Me

LOL ok dadaist....

Quote:
Originally posted by dadaist

You post your esoteric trivia, I'll post mine.
Careful or I'll get into details, and NOT translate them! Muahahaha.

Old 08-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
Old 08-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Suprise Me

I am ready for the wee hours of the morning... hehehe. Found some more trivia. Am getting ready for trivial pursuit with Sugarsprinkles...

Old 08-05-2003, 10:26 PM
Am I really here?

12559 I might start without you :P
Old 08-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Am I really here?

The following are taken from
"The Dot Eaters - Classic Video Game History"
at
http://www.emuunlim.com/doteaters/index.htm
Old 08-05-2003, 10:29 PM
Am I really here?

In 1889, the year Nintendo was founded in Japan (remember they were known for making playing cards for a long long time, and got into video games at the end of the 70s/start of the 80s):

* The screw-top bottle is patented by Dan Rylands of Hope Glass Works, Yorkshire, England.
* A dock strike cripples the city of London.
* The punch-card information storage system is developed by H. Hollerith.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:31 PM
Am I really here?

Also in 1889:

Fruit-peddler William Kemmler axes his lover Matilda Ziegler to death in Buffalo, NY., and is the first person sentenced to die in the newly designed electric chair. In the culmination of a viscious PR war between competing electricity delivery systems Direct Current championed by Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse's stronger and more lethal Alternating Current as to who would actually provide the killing voltages, Westinghouse loses and it is his AC that rips through Kemmler's body when he is "Westinghoused" the following year.

(Yet it's AC current that we use in North America daily - most of the rest of the world uses DC)
Old 08-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Am I really here?

More from 1889:

* Danish inventor Vlademar Poulson invents magnetic wire recording.
* George Eastman markets the first flexible picture film roll.
* Vincent Van Gogh voluntarily admits himself into an insane asylum at Saint-Remy in France. He paints his "Garden at the Hospital", "Self-Portrait with a Bandaged Ear", and "Wheat Fields and Cyprus Trees" during this period. The next year he kills himself with a revolver shot to the chest.
* The Eiffel tower is officially inaugurated in Paris.
* The Moulin Rouge opens
Old 08-05-2003, 10:33 PM
Am I really here?

Still from 1889:

Mary Sawyer Tyler dies. She was born in Sterling, Massachusetts, and at 10 received a pet lamb called Nethaniel which would follow her to the Red Stone schoolhouse occasionally. Visitor to the school John Roulstone was endeared by this and composed the famous poem "Mary Had a Little Lamb", which was later expanded on by Sarah J. Hale.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Just me.

Old 08-05-2003, 10:35 PM
Am I really here?

And all further events are also from 1889 until I say otherwise
* May day, or Worker's Day, is first observed.
* Johannes Brahms' performance of "Hungarian Dance" is recorded on an Edison Phonograph cylinder.
(And the RIAA will come bust you if you have an MP3 - just kidding)
* Dishwashing machines are first sold in Chicago.
* "The Sneeze", a groundbreaking film experiment by Thomas Edison, is screened. It features sound effects from a syncronized phonograph player.
(The MPAA will do the same thing as the RIAA if you have a digital copy ).
* The first Bell Telephone logo is introduced.
* 50,000 white settlers pour into Oklahoma during the land rush, with all 1.9 million acres available claimed by sundown.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Am I really here?

Two white men in Missouri, newspaper editorial writer Chris L. Rutt and miller Charles G. Uncerwood, invent the first self-rising pancake mix. After seeing a show at the local vaudeville house with two comedians in blackface, Rutt take the name of the show stopping song sung by one as a household "mammy" for the trademark name of his creation, "Aunt Jemima".
Old 08-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Am I really here?

* The Savoy hotel opens in London.
* Recording technology reaches marketable acceptance.
* The centennial of George Washington's inauguration becomes the first observed U.S. national holiday.
* William Gray from Hartford, CT obtains the patent for the first coin-operated telephone.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Am I really here?

In 1958, William A. Higinbotham invents a very primitive 'video game' for the first time. It's a prototype Tennis game, and becomes a linchpin in lawsuits and countersuits involving Atari and Maganavox in the 1970s (between Pong, home Pong, and Magnavox's Odyssey).

See
http://www.emuunlim.com/doteaters/play1sta1.htm
for far more details than I can post here.