Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Everybody Stretch!

¿¿¿-NFL Assistance-¿¿¿

OK...here's the deal...

I am so damn competitive and it nearly always get's me in deeper than I want to be.

Just at the end of the pre-season NFL games I happened upon a conversation between a few male co-worker's in which they were discussing who they should ask to join the workplace football pool. As I walked by I heard one guy say that I (Lixy) probably wouldn't want to do it cause I've never participated any other year. He then went on to say that most women don't really understand football as well as men do. I spun on my heel and approached the chuckle fest and glared directly into the jingoistic face of the proclaimer of all knowing! (try to imagine the face I had on when I approached him...something like this ---->)

I told him that, yes, it was true that I hadn't participated in the previous pools of years gone by. I told him I DO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THE GAME!!!! I further explained that I hadn't watched football in over 17 years because after I divorced my first husband I didn't care if I ever saw another sporting event and more specifically...NFL FOOTBALL! (<---it was quite a problem in my first marriage...but that's another story)!

~~~INTERMISSION~~~

Time to go potty and get that cold drink you are dying for. This is a Lixy thread...and you came in knowing that...so you are now stuck! Admission is free...YOU PAY TO GET OUT!

~~~END INTERMISSION~~~

I went on to tell him I'll take his challenge and prove him sooooooooooooo wrong that he has to make a bet of the biggest magnitude he's ever betted. I didn't want money. I want him to drop to his knees and kiss my shoes (in front of all who I told of his proclaimation and are participating in the pool) when I win the pool at work! In turn...if I lose...I have to do the same. I still have time to up the ante on that bet...so any new ideas will be greatly appreciated! *giggle* Make him suffer peeps!

Anyway...Mr. Lixy doesn't watch football (bless him's wittle heart and soul...tis why I love him...well, one of the reasons anyway)...and so I can't rely on his input (except in the bedroomm...but I digress!). So I come to my other family for a request of fair assistance.

Here's my plan...

I get the pool every Monday. I still don't watch the games so I rely on stats and such from websites I have bookmarked. Yes...I do my homework! I check stats and standings, I consider home team advantage and circumstances of the like, I get a few predictions from sports writers and professional betting sites and I keep close tabs on injuries and additions to a team. I understand the game pretty well...but due to not having watched a single game since the Rams were still in Los Angeles, I don't know all the players and their quirks and advantages.

Here's the match-up for this weekend and Monday night and my picks for said teams...

TEAMS MY PICKS

Houston@Cincinnati Cincinnati
Philadelphia@Kansas City Kansas City (I know! But the injuries, no?)
Indianapolis@Tennessee Indianapolis
Detroit@Tampa Bay Tampa Bay
Seattle@Washington Seattle
Denver@Jacksonville Jacksonville
San Diego@New England New England
Buffalo@New Orleans Buffalo
St Louis@NY Giants NY Giants (YIKES! I closed my eyes to pick!)
NY Jets@Baltimore Baltimore
Dallas@Oakland Oakland
Minnesota@Atlanta Atlanta

San Fran Cisco@Arizona San Fran

Monday Night
Green Bay@Carolina Carolina

^^^Hope that comes out as typed!

OK...I just checked on "Preview Post" and it doesn't read exactly as typed...but you get the gist...eh?

What I'm asking from you (fellow Pixies) is input when I pick my teams. Tell me why you think I picked a shitty pick. Tell me why you think I picked a good pick. I know there'll be some bias on the basis of home team loyalty...but try and be realistic when you explain your reasons. I'm not asking you to help me cheat! I'm just furthering my knowledge base from some of the most sports savvy peeps I've ever known! I'll post in this thread after I've picked my teams (usually Wednesday or Thursday of every week)...and then sit back and hope to see a reply or two before I hand in my final pool. I hand it in on Friday of every week.

What do you say? Care to give me your Wednesday/Thursday night armchair low-down?

OK...you can go and figure your dogmatic pontification now! Thanks guys!

XXXOOO

P.S. I should add my standings to date...

Week 1 - 10 of 14
Week 2 - 5 of 14
Week 3 - 11 of 14
Week 4 - *above*

Total correct to date - 26
Not bad for a woman...eh? *grrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Chauvanist co-worker's standings to date...

Week 1 - 5 of 14
Week 2 - 8 of 14 (it was a fluke...all the teams went topsy turvy!!)
Week 3 - 10 of 14
Week 4 - He said we only have 2 different picks and I can't remember what teams he said were different. Hmmmmmmmmm........

Total correct to date - 23

P.P.S. If the mods feel this thread should be in the Advice Forum...please feel free to move it and then please PM me of the move. TY so much!

~Thomas Dewar~

Last edited by LixyChick : 10-01-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:54 PM
~getting by~

I was in such a pool a few years ago and did so well, I've been kicked out (or at least that's my story). There are a few sites I used to help make my picks... the best one is a ESPN site that gives the experts picks... and then there were a few teams I always favored or disfavored...

So my opinion on your picks (keep in mind I've not seen a game yet this season - so I might just be full of b.s.)....

Mine would be something like:

Texans
Eagles
Titans
Bucs
Seahawks
Broncos
Pats
Saints
Rams
Ravens
Raiders (can't ever side with the Cowboys)
Vikings (tough call, I equally dislike these two)
Cardinals
Packers (the losing streak will end, eventually)

Looking back, not many of our picks would have matched

As an aside, there are some great online places to host pools for free, why the heck didn't I think to have a pixies one, even if only for fun only and not money?!?!?
Old 10-01-2005, 09:11 PM
With all due respect

Send a message via Yahoo to fredchabotnick
You are just picking the winners, right? Not ranking them or doing anything else?
Regardless, I think I have all the same picks you do this week, except the KC/Philly game. Which is my lowest pick, I don't trust that game. :cents:
Good luck!

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”
Old 10-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Made in England

I know as much about football as I do about how it feels to pee with a penis......sorry can't help you there Lixy
Old 10-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Everybody Stretch!

maddy...TY for the whole lot! I love to know the feeling behind each pick. Faith in the Eagles makes me a bit nervous though. I "HAVE" to be a Philly fan (due to my proximity...or so they say!) but I feel that their recent injuries and the full steam approach of late is about to slide to the odds. I almost never "bet" against the Eagles...but the odds said I had to this week. I might bow in shame come Sunday evening! (((maddy)))

fredchabotnick...Yes! Just picking winners here! I haven't gone ass over tin cups and decided to bet everything coming up and down the pike...lol! I don't feel all that confident with my decision to bet against Philly...I don't trust that game either! McNabb is a miracle worker with this team...yet I feel that his injury prays on his mind and it's so early in the season that a loss wouldn't break them. This pick (I picked KC), this week, is the most stressful for me too! TY for the good thoughts hun!

BIBI...I can't stand and pee precisely either...but I'll be damned to hell and back if I won't give it a go and tell them I did it with no residue! *shake, shake, shake* (((((BIBI))))) TY for your "input"!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Not there yet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIBI
I know as much about football as I do about how it feels to pee with a penis......sorry can't help you there Lixy

Bibi........ if it helps, you can hold mine next time i gotta go!

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 10-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Not there yet.....

Oh Lixy......... I am of no use to you here........ i tend to just pick a game and enjoy it.... but.............. I do hope he (Chauvanist co-worker's) does some boot lickin'!

Be sure to be wearing something really feminine and hot when it comes time to "pay up"!

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 10-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster

Um...while it's being held...could you consider the teams of the week and yell out an opinion or two????

She might think it's sexy to hear "Rams"!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Not there yet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
Um...while it's being held...could you consider the teams of the week and yell out an opinion or two????

She might think it's sexy to hear "Rams"!

Hehe........ I may even want to Oilers!!

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Old 10-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Made in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster

Ok...just pm your address please
Old 10-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Oh Coaster...

I don't intend to make this a pleasant loss for Mr. Chauvanist! He might have to lick my garden shoes...ewwwwwwwwww!

I am sick up and fed with his very attitude and with all the male employee's in our company! Females get paid 20% less than the males for the same job. Falling short of doing something that'll cost them their jobs, the girls forge forward...they have no recourse...so they work side by side and usually are respected for their efforts...but are still shunned for being a woman in a "traditionally male" job!

All who know what I am doing...are clinging to me with a wide eyed hopefullness!

I'm no Norma Rae [per say]...but I am one of the few women who has boldly gone where none of our sex has gone before!

I've can't fight the system as is...but I can try and disprove the theory through a simple scenario!

Maybe I can't physically play the sport with the big boys...but I can follow the game and predict the finality like the big boys!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-02-2005, 02:06 AM
Just me.

So the thread wasn't about ...

Nude
Female
Lust.

And here I had my pants unzipped and Kleenex handy.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:01 PM
With all due respect

Send a message via Yahoo to fredchabotnick
Two games left...(well, one and a half). So if I'm reading this right you're 7-5. Not great, but not too bad.

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”
Old 10-03-2005, 02:22 AM
Everybody Stretch!

7-6 here so far

Tonights game may help...but I don't know who the other guy picked. I'll find out today.

Geezzzzzzzzzz...weird day in football, eh?

Yea Philly! (even though I bet against them)

I'll be back with this weeks match-up...stay tuned!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-03-2005, 04:57 AM
curvy queen

Girl you are in luck, because I happen to live, sleep, eat breathe and defecate football - and i feel your pain. If you want to PM me your picks for some analysis, i'll be happy to help you out. I understand what it's like to be a chick in a male-dominated world...sucks the big one alot of times.

LAW