Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2008, 04:58 AM
"insert spiffy Title"

Advice (surprize surprize)

Alrighty, so some of you may remember me, I come and go over the years lol, but once again I'm in need of some impartial advice

Me and my current girlfriend have been together about 2 years and 5 months, I would like to point out that my last two relationships both died out and we broke up at 2 years and 6 months, so perhaps I"m just thinking about this a bit more now than I usually do.

Anyway, in short , my question is in regards to a old sang , that a solid marriage is based on a solid foundation of lies and how true that is.

Now I shall elaborate, I'm curious if I should be telling my girlfriend what I really think about some things, in particular, she's recently been rather depressed about her weight , which she has put on a fair bit since we met but she's recently lost a good chunk so good for her, but aside from that. She's also been rather jealous lately because of self esteem issues. recently a coworker of mine who just transfered in I've been hanging around with alot more, she is a female, and we usually hang out in a group with my other current friends (not the two of us alone or anything) naturally my girlfriend gets jealous about this and starts feeling threatened because she thinks the other girl is prettier than her and I might leave her.

Now , this behaviour has caused me alot of stress lately and has been making me rather cranky as I think our relationship is going fine, except for it's becomeing more and more common that she gets us into a big fight over how I'm going to leave her.

Now comes the problem, truth be told I do think my coworker is rather attractive, though I don't think a relationship between the two of us would work even if I was single, though truth be told we get along well enough that if I was single I may have tried to persue something to see where it would have went. So I wouldn't say my girlfreinds fears are completely unfounded.

I normally don't talk to much about what I think of other females, though she's mentioned a few guys around work that she finds attractive. I know it bothers her so I just keep my mouth shut, but when she's activly asking me I don't wanna lie and tell her she's crazy, but telling her what I actually think seems like it would just upset her and not be worth the hassle of the situation it would create.

I also don't want to tell her the truth then her behaviour get even worse if she gets more jealous thinking that the way she acts is now justified.

Bottom line is I do like my relationship, I have no plans of leaving dispite our recent problems. Yet I find myself keeping my opinions to myself as a way of protecting her and I don't much care for that.

I also would like to see this relationship last longer than the others lol and I always kept what I thought to myself in those ones too and it didn't end well lol.

Anyway , thats it for now, any advice or words of wisdom is appreciated

Maybe someday I'll see you again, and you'll look me in my eyes and call me a friend.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:49 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Hi! Long time no see. I will hopefully have some time late to post but think about the type of life you want to have in 20 years. Biting your tongue about things you know will upset her for the rest of your life changes who you are.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-29-2008, 04:35 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I see your point sweety but I also think you know the answer.

You're not on trial so you aren't obligated to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

How about putting it out there like this..."I'm not dead so of course I look at other women. That doesn't make me want to leave you. I just look. It's only natural. You look and you haven't left me. Ours is a deeper relationship than the superficial. I know you inside and out and I am where I want to be. Please stop trying to push me away when we both want to be together. Your beauty isn't just physical. I'm not as shallow as that. I love you for all of you!"

Or something like that...

Good luck!

~Thomas Dewar~